December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Mascara - Almay - intense i-color thickening mascara-purple amethyst

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by alisha546

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst mascara I've EVER tried. Rubber brush with very short bristles-it was almost like a hard plastic b/c there was no flexibility at all. Formula was crap, clumpy clumpy clumpy and it didn't do anything. I have naturally longer lashes and this was just not a good look. I even tried this with a different brush and it still sucked. As far as the purple color-meh, I don't know. I guess it was there but def not noticeable. I guess I was too focused on the other stuff to pay attention to if it complimented my eyes or whatever. Yeah....this prob wins award for worst mascara I've ever tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the color of this product ~ hence, the three stars. Now, I will list all of the problems. It clumps, clumps and clumps. When you open the mascara, it clumps. The brush on this product is less than desirable too.

I did the old trick of running the mascara under hot water hoping that it would help ~ it didn't. There most be something in the chemical composition that causes this problem. I bought green and blue too and they both had the same problem. Needless to say, I was disappointed with all of my purchases. I want to buy this again, but I can"t until Almay fixes the formula...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by justnic88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the purple of this mascara, it was very subtle and looked pretty. However I hated to apply it because the plastic brush sucked. I hate plastic wands for mascara, I feel like I'm barely putting any mascara on at all. I eventually threw it out because it was useless to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Makeup4Mimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I love blue and purple mascaras and I decided to try this one. Hmm...the color doesn't show up, the brush is horrible! It takes good combing through the lashes to get rid of the clumps! I use this mascara when I have more neutral shadows on (just to try and feel like I have some color somewhere) but def not every day. For me, it lengthens a LOT!! I have pretty long lashes so I didn't really want the lengthening but I know a lot of people will be happy about that I'd rather have thikness which it didn't have.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by littlecomadreja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this super-cheap at Walgreens, and it was pretty much exactly what I had expected. Not great mascara (thick brush, prone to clumping), but I'm kind of a fan of it not making my eyelashes pop too much, because I have long lashes anyway. It's nice to have a subtle purple hue without having creepy spider-eyes. I didn't expect it to be very intense (I have dark eyelashes, so I think expecting color to show up much would be unreasonable), but it shows up nicely in the sunlight. I probably wouldn't make this a regular purchase, and I definitely wouldn't make it my primary mascara. But as a cheap impulse buy it's pretty satisfying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNike

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think the real problem with this mascara is the brush--the bristles are very short and stubby--which leaves room for clumps of the brush, which makes it easier to blob mascara on your lashes. The mascara itself is a little gloppy, but I think this could be improved with a better brush.

I found the color was marvelous with my dark blue-green eyes--and paired with Revlon's ColorStay eyeliner in Blackberry, my eyes have never looked hotter. I wouldn't wear this at night because, like other reviewers have stated, it wouldn't be strong enough of an impact.

I usually put on one coat of black mascara before I use this so that way my lashes are "primed" to the shape, length, and thickness I want. Then I color them with this. I didn't notice any flaking, and it comes off fairly easily with soap and water.

I would only buy this again for fun--not for my daily mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by tsd715

I have to agree with the other reviewers here - the idea of a mascara colored specifically to compliment your eye color is cool, but when the color is nonexistent (or looks like mud, more accurately) it's highly disappointing.

The brush was useless, the formula was clumpy rather than defining, and after giving it a chance for a week, I finally gave up and trashed it. What a waste -

Serves me right for straying from black...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by labomb

I have brown eyelashes and i couldnt see the color on them at all. It just looked like I had regular mascara on. It defines and lengthened a little but definatly did no thicken. I was pretty upseat that the color was not visible. I gave it 2 lippes just becuase it didnt flake or clump.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

I like the purple color, it sorta brings out the green in my hazel eyes and it's not so purple that I feel like I'm reliving the 80's. (Remember the too powerfully bright colored mascaras - awful.) It's nothing amazing tho, I'm sure I'm the only one that notices the brighter green flecks because it is so subtle. I'm not crazy about the brush. I try to spin it to hit all four edges of the brush on my lashes and sometimes I hit the inner upper eyelid an it hurts. It's not a soft flexible brush at all. Didn't notice any thickening tho, length was okay - not great, didn't smudge or flake. It's a novelty for me, not something I'd wear everyday. I won't buy again unless I get a wild hair or if they improve it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this since I have brown eyes and I guess it said it would make them stand out..well NOT AT ALL you can't really even see the color of the mascara. it just seems like not enough go on the eyelashes...ugh! Hate it....oh yeah ...IT DOES NOT THICKEN THEM EITHER!