September 2, 2014 | 2181 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Terracotta Summer Stones

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

**PRODUCT & SWATCH PICS INCLUDED**

I absolutely love this product! When I first opened it up I silently had a heart attack as I thought I shelled out a good chunk of money for a glorified glitter bomb. My heart started to sink because I was REALLY looking forward to trying this out. Well, I gave it a go anyway and fell in LOVE! Don't let the larger white balls fool you into thinking this is glitter for your face. Upon application the shimmer looks very subtle and gives a lovely highlight to your cheeks, in addition to a gorgeous sun-kissed glow you get from the bronzing balls (as you can see in my swatches). The smell is the same as most of Guerlain's other bronzers (heavenly!). For the best results with application I use my Guerlain Terracotta brush.

It comes in a lovely metallic chocolate colored jar (not cardboard like the meteorites) with the Guerlain logo embossed on the lid. Would definitely re-purchase if I ran out.

CLICK CONTINUED TO SEE PICS

continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

I hate to ruin the perfect score of this but this was very overrated in my book. You need a very specific type of brush to use with the ...erm, balls and even then, you get chunky glitter here and there. It's not that sheer bronze glow I wanted.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

I use this as a bronzer/highlighter for my light/medium skin. Doesn't make me look OompaLoompa or TinMan....just perfect! Leaves a fresh clean glow when applied with a Stila retractable bronzer brush in a "3" figure, starting at the temple--> to the top of the cheek --->to the jaw.

The jar is very clumsy to use, too bad it's not in a Meteorites jar....lippies off for that.
At $55USD it's not cheap by a long shot, but it will last forever.....thank goodness, as it's LE 2008.

Edit: I found that decanting some of the pearls into an 11 g screw top jar (available from Lumierecosmetics.com) and using my old Lancome #3 fiberoptic brush does the trick and is a lot less messy than dealing with that horrible jar that the Stones come in from Guerlain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a really difficult time determining under which category to put this product: powder, highlighter or bronzer and I finally settled on "highlighter" as I think that's probably the closest "function" of this product in my opinion. If you are a bronzer lover like I am, you will want this product. If you are not a bronzer lover, or are afraid to use bronzers - you will also want this product. I am a long time Meteorites user and a huge Terracotta line fan (bronzers specifically). Well, this is a crossover between Meteorites and Terracotta, so of course, I love it. Basically, for those of you who are familiar with Meteorites, this is the same format - tiny little balls of powder: brown, gold, pearlescent - just beautiful! You can apply to your face with a brush, just like normal Meteorites and then the effect is less intense, or for a more intense effect, with an enclosed puff. Major difference from other Meteorites is the packaging, which is the Guerlain powder case vs. the standard Meteorites case. The balls are uneven in size with brown/bronze balls slightly larger and gold and pearl smaller. There is no major colour deposit with this product, meaning, this isn't really going to give you a major bronzey look, but that's the point. I've been looking for a new set of Meteorites to replace my almost gone gold ones, as I've found thoose work the best with my complexion and propensity to wear bronzers year around. Well, this is even a step up as it gives me that warm slightly shimmery look, a bit of colour (which btw seems to work with any complexion) yet is transparent and does not compete with my natural face colour or the bronzer on top of it. If you are very fair or like the idea of bronzers but would like just a touch of colour vs. surge of colour, this is a perfect product for you as well. You can also use these on your neck, shoulders, etc. I think this is just a gorgeous product and too bad it's a LE. I am actually contemplating buying another box, although knowing how long Guerlain Meteorites last, I think I'll have these for a while. BTW, if you find the shimmer effect too much with puff application, use a brush. I have found that the Meteorites brush works best for a subtle, yet noticeable application.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No