December 20, 2014 | 820 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Botanics Sensitive Skin Soothing Cleansing Lotion

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I should have read the reviews on this first. I have sensitive skin and thought this would be a great cheaper alternative...wrong! Used last night and woke this morning with my chin red and inflamed. I see I'm not the only one with irritation after using. Going back to my Ole Henrickson Apricot cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm loving this! My skin gets very dry and flaky in the winter and then gets all sensitive on me. I have to use a cream cleanser then. I have been using the Jergen's All Purpose cream the last two winters. I wanted to give this a try. I have used it two ways, first by applying it with cotton as it recommends on the label, and also by applying it with my fingers and then wiping it off with cotton. Either way works fine. I do give my face a few splashes with warm water when done. It really cleans my face well. I recently started to use Revlon Colorstay, and it is removing that just fine. It is very gentle and is not drying my skin out at all. I see that some mentioned a pump; it no longer has a pump, which is fine with me. A pump would be nice, but I'm ok without it. I do get a bit of stinging around my nose, however for some reason I find that to be a common problem for me, and it's not too bad. It's also very inexpensive (regular $4.49 at Target, and it was even cheaper on sale when I bought it.) Will repurchase for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jelliedashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really excited when i purchased this product, as it was on offer and looked so pretty with its pump. There was plenty in it for a few pounds :-)
I used it for a few days and it seemed to cleanse my face really well. Sadly a few days later I woke up with hives..nooo! I've been scared to use it since, not sure what I'm allergic to in it, as it is for sensitive skin, so not sure really!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Whilst I absolutely adored using this product, after a few days my skin began to sting on contact. Such a shame because the clarity of my skin did improve during this period. I know two people who use this very happily – one who claims to have sensitive skin. I guess my sensitive skin is even more sensitive! I really wanted this to work because the % of ‘good’ ingredients in Boots Botanics products is impressive, if good means plant extracts, vitamins and other active fodder. Unfortunately these good things tend to be the very things that irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by foryouinfullblossom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product took me a long time to like. When I bought it, I didn't realize that using it would be different from using an ordinary cleanser. I'd use numerous cotton pads each night with it to remove my makeup and I couldn't be bothered with the effort, so I put it away and forgot about it.
That is, up until now.
I started re-using it about two weeks ago after running out of my DHC cleansing oil, as a pre-cleanser to my cleanser. Once I figured out a good technique to using it, I was surprised to find that I actually really liked this product! Instead of putting it on the cotton ball itself, I'd recommend rubbing it onto your dry face and massaging it in to loosen the dirt and make-up and so on. After that, use a cotton ball (I find I'll only need two at the most!) and wipe it away. My skin really looks brighter and fresher after using this! It doesn't bother my dry or sensitive skin either so in the end, it's a pretty good drugstore find!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by curlylaura

This takes so long to use, I go through loads of cotton pads to clean my face and the pump seems to push the product out in any old direction even though it's not blocked. That said it doesn't irritate my eyes or skin and leaves me moisturised but slightly sticky and I then have to use toner. It would easier to just use a normal face wash. It's OK but I won't buy it again.