November 26, 2014 | 1882 users online

Blush - By Terry - Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by 39Dena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all three and I love them all. You only need a little of this liquid blush. I purchased mine at Spacenk

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by jacquelina23

The best thing about this blush is the smell of roses! That's pretty much all I like about it, and the colour. It dries very fast so you have to blend it quickly. If you don't hydrate your skin enough, it can accentuate wrinkles and dry skin - my boyfriend hates it on me and told me that it makes my skin look flaky and dry! I find that it's great for photos, when I see pictures of myself, I look glowing and happy. I have the No. 2, Coral Rose. But when I am in a rush I still prefer a MAC powder blush and I would not purchase this one again. Instead of using the pump, I just open the lid and dot it on my fingers so as not to waste product or clog the pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I said I would buy this product again because this is the second time I have bought Rose de Rose in the colour Fresh Rose.

I gave up on it the first time around after having a very unsuccessful relationship with it. It went on blotchy, dried to fast, didn't show up.... I wasn't impressed with anything except the smell to be honest.

The second time around I (perhaps foolishly to some) purchased it and decided "I will make this work on me". There is something extremely enchanting about By Terry products, they are the epitomy of luxury, and like every luxurious makeup product, I want it on my dresser.

So here I am with my second bottle of this rose scented metallicy pink liquid.... and once again, application and results are both failures for me. Ok, I thought. What am I doing wrong here, it has great reviews on Space NK, and great reviews on makeupalley. What is it that i'm doing wrong.

I decided to watch youtube and in particular Lisa Eldridges tutorial on liquid blush...followed by her video on "every day makeup" which features the By Terry blush.

What I have noted is that you need to build this product up on the cheeks, I bet most people are like "duh", but seriously, I wasn't doing it properly and I wasn't blending it properly either.
I apply about half a pump, I dab it on the apples and then blend it up towards the temples making sure to blend the edges in, I do the same on the other cheek and then I go back to the first cheek and do it again. I do this about 3 or 4 times in all.

What i'm left with is voila!! Exactly what I wanted in the first place! I had an "ahhhh that's what all the hype is about" moment.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, I just found this exceptionally tricky to learn how to use. I can't blame the product for that. I love the rose scent and the packaging. I would put a warning out to people who don't like shimmer/metallicy finishes - it's not OTT or anything, but the glow is definitely glowy! I seriously love it.

This blush is very pricey for what it is, but it's worth it. Someone actually mentioned that this is a highlighter in one review...well.... maybe kinda, you could use it that way, but this is definitely better as a blush, once it's on it doesn't move, and the sheeny finish isn't as soft as I'd like for a highlighter to be honest. I don't think it should be used that way but I might try it mixed in with moisturiser and see what happens! That's the beauty of this product I guess!

So after my little learning curve, I join the chorus of the happy on this one...and I guess if I ever ran out of it that I would repurchase... it's by far one of the PRETTIEST pink blushes that I own, just don't forget to build up the colour on your cheeks.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in #1 (the pink color) and #2 (the coral color). I don't do shimmer. EVER. I've had these for a few years now (they do NOT go bad, lol) and feel I can now write an honest review.

1) The smell is lovely if you like roses (I do).
2) They are a liquid cream, so they spread beautifully whether by fingers or nylon brush
3) Once on, they STAY PUT. So blend quickly because they dry quickly.
4) NO breakouts from this product.
5) The shimmer, to me, is not noticeable. That says a great deal because I won't wear a shimmer product.
6) The flush is natural. A beautiful glow, esp. if you powder over it. It's just... real looking.

The bad? I HATE the damn pump. SO MUCH comes out with one pump and 95% of it is wasted; that's how concentrated this product is... you don't need much. It's expensive. That said, one bottle has lasted me 3.. almost 4 years and I STILL have half a bottle. In the long one, it's not too bad, lol.

This is one of those products you have to try and you'll either love it or hate it. Me? I'll use it up because it does a great job of giving a natural blush but... I won't buy it once I use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by namil

Luv, found it on a Lisa Eldridge video although I do not think it is too shimmery (think Nars). On me it does not look like orgasm, which is too shimmery and too warm for my skin tone (NC 20). Sometimes I mix with a little Becca grapefruit, Maybelline bounce in candy coral, or La Prairie radiance cream blush in peach. I have it in coral rose and will be purchasing the rose.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Jennie91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG blusher!
In a moment of madness I ordered all three shades from SpaceNK, but I have no regrets. I love sheer, glowy blushes and these are just so much more natural than my old Chanel or Dior powder blushes, which, lovely as they were, kind of sat on my skin.
1. Fresh Rose is a lovely bright, light pink. I think it's probably cool toned if anything, but it looks great on my warm toned skin - it gives a real pop of colour.
2. Coral Rose is my go-to everyday shade. It's probably the most natural on my NC25 skin - a warm mixture of pink and coral (kind of like Nars Orgasm).
3. Amber Rose is darker and warmer, still definitely a pink but with hints of brown. I'm wearing it right now with a tan and it looks fantastic.
They glide over skin and on my dry skin last all day. They are very slightly shimmery but nothing that looks unnatural even in daylight. My only caveats would be a) the nozzle bit of the pump is tiny so sometimes gets clogged and loads comes out at once and b) the PRICE. My God, the price. And yet I know I'll keep buying these!
LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by EmJems

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I received this blush/highlighter as a gratis in colour 2 coral rose.
I have been using this on my clients for the past few months and I think it is amazing!
The product gives a great lift and a glow to the skin without leaving it too shimmery. It has more of an illuminating glow.
I love the coral colour as I think it is more suitable to fair to medium skin tones and darker skin tones as a highlighter.
I like to use it as a base then apply a powder blush for a deeper colour.
This is a long lasting product and suitable for dry to normal skin types I would use it on a combination skin but not an excessively oily skin.
I apply this product using a foundation brush or my mac contouring blush brush.
I want to invest in the other 2 colours, which will do at a later date as these are expensive blushers.
Tip I never push the pump all the way down so I am able to control the amount of product which is released a bit better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought 4 of these when Sephora discontinued carrying By Terry and had their whole line on for 50%!! im on my second bottle right now.

so the great things about these are that the color is amazing, and adds a very nice, sheer glow to your face. its very very pigmented, so you only need like, a grain of rice sized drop for BOTH cheeks combined! the staying power is amazing as well.

the cons- i hate the packaging. it comes in a pump bottle, and its really hard to get the amount you want. also, sometimes a clump comes out, even though i use it every day, and this is a waste of a lot of product. i also dont find it as blendable as powder foundations but maybe because i suck at applying it lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by iciclerain

This is the most expensive blush I've purchased so far, but I do like the subtle sheen and the lovely rose color. not a big fan of the fragrance but I will live with it. The bottle is probably going to last forever as only a tiny amount of product is needed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MariLaPaisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

buyers beware, this is not a blush!!! this is a rosey pink illuminator. when used as a blush it ends up looking like a stained patch of shimmer. i bought it as it was so lovely looking and the fragrance of it was beautiful. it was truly a divine little product as are all byterry products! but when i put it on my face i was very disspointed... it will definitely look good when paired up with a real blush as a highlighter perhaps, but not alone. it also looks terrible if you have medium to large pores and dry skin. i wanted to love this product but i ended up returning it.