November 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by snazzyjazzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm torn. I mean, these are good, they go on smooth and have a nice colour, but I wouldn't really call them lipsticks. More like tinted balms? The staying power (as others have said) isn't there, and I've noticed they tend to bleed if applied too heavily. If you're looking for a long wearing lipstick, stay far away from MAC lustre. However, if you're looking for something that will wear away smoothly (leaving no awkward lip rings), these are actually very good. I don't know if I'd specifically buy anymore lustre shades, simply because I can get tinted balms in the same shades for less. However, I do enjoy the ones I have and will continue to use them!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Divanance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a Mac Lustre lipstick In the shade freckletone. It is a nude simple everyday color. I like this lipstick but I am not crazy about it. I prefer the matte finish lipsticks. I own so many of those and I feel those give me the look I love. However This is still a good lipstick and I wear it when I going for a very simple natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

Honestly i like luster finish well for its sheer coverage. Although dark coloured lip girls becareful because your natural lip colour can change the colour of the lippy when you wear put it on.
Ive got vg gaga and cockney. Cockney is great because its a sheer red and im not much a red lippy lover but this is good enough for me. Vg gaga looks weird on me, it becomes purple ish on me which is unfortunate, the lippy itself is very pretty.

So i think anyone who wants sheer lippy, this is for you :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by jocexdarlingg

i really dont like the Lustre collection in Mac since it doesnt last long on my lips and the color bleeds. i got it in the shade Cockney and i absolutely hate it! the red has way too many shimmers and it makes my lips look abnormally weird. i look like im trying too hard when ever i put it on. plus the shimmer on it rubs off and get all around when i try to take it off. i hate it and i dont know what to do with the rest of it now.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm shocked that the lustre finish has such high ratings. This has no staying power at all. It doesn't even last through my 1 hour classes. They also don't stay put on lips, they slip and slide. Imagine talking to someone with lipstick doing that. It's a shame though since MAC releases pretty colors that are lustres. I will just stick with satin finishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by rivvylka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have bought "Laugh a lot" shade and I absolutely adore it, its very natural yet adds definition to my lips. This is my very favourite lipstick.
However, I feel like the lipstick is drying my lips, so I usually have to apply balm over or under it :-) (hence why only 4 stars)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

I've tried many different l/s formulas, he and ds, and Lustre is my fave. True, the staying power sucks-only lasts a couple hours, at best, when you don't eat or drink anything, but I love it because it's not drying and feels so light on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Kurbiskonigin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite lipstick ever. I have dry lips, and I've heard a lot of people complain about this formulation being drying. To me, it isn't drying, but the lipstick sets (see below). If this bothers you, try layering it over a bit of lip balm, or putting a moisturizing gloss on top.

I love this lipstick because it is the perfect natural looking lipstick I've tried. It's not overly-pigmented, but beautiful and has the most "My Lips but Better" shades I've ever seen. It allows a hint of your lips' natural undertones carry through. It's perfect for women with fair skin like mine or who need a work-appropriate lipstick that's not too in-your-face.

They have a wide range of natural shades for all skintones and undertones, as well as some fun colours.

The lipstick, after half an hour to an hour, sets and dries a bit but maintains its colour. After a few hours, the colour fades and you need to reapply. However, I like this because a) I hate eating/drinking with something on my lips, so it's easy to remove (and change colours if I want), and b) it gives me an excuse to reapply my lipstick, making them feel and look awesome.

Most shades have beautiful, natural finishes, but some are frosty, so it gives everyone something to love. (I for one don't like frost finishes, but their non-frost finishes are great).

I am NC15 with yellow undertones, rosacea (so I can't wear bright pink), with very pigmented fuscia-toned lips. My favourite shades are: Midimauve (neutral with slight plum undertone), Syrup (a natural pink-purple, the exact colour of my lips), Hug Me (a nude pink, PERFECT nude colour without looking pale!! Very natural looking, not ghost-like or sick), and Plumful is a deeper hue of Syrup, making it a fun, safe colour for someone who's experimenting with brighter colours. (Note: I recently gave Plumful away. I just never wore it - I love my neutral shades too much!)

I give it 4 Lipsticks, only because the staying power is not what most people expect, however I will be buying and rebuying these lipsticks, and recommend them to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love MAC lipsticks but I'm not a fan of MAC's lustre formula. I prefer Amplified or Cremesheen. Although it is very light weight and it gives the feel of not wearing lipstick, the sheer colours from the lustre lipsticks while buildable to a medium coverage is often far too drying and I end up having to apply a lip balm or gloss over it. But it's this dryness, I suppose, which makes the colour stay longer on lips. Also, I like the vanilla flavour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by chococat05

I don't really like the lustre formula that much. They don't really apply that evenly on my lips. The lasting power is really below par. I had to add a gloss on top to stop it from fading! I love some of the colors but I don't really like the MAC lipstick in general for their short lasting power. I didn't notice the drying that much but I do know that if your lips are dry and cracked to begin with the lipstick will amplify the problem. For me cheap d/s l/s works better and last longer. So, save your moola for e/s and clothes. =)