October 1, 2014 | 1094 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - liquid makeup spf 16

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

I got this sample and it is the wrong color, too dark for me. but I still use it mix with my light foundation or contour. overall okay, light to medium coverage, moistrize and didn't break me out...I don't like the finish though...look caky

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sarahhope

After suffering an awful breakout in December I was looking to find a new foundation to better cover up the new acne that decided to attack my face. I had previously been using Revlon Color Stay for Oily skin. It was working great for me and so far it is the best foundation I have ever tried, but I wanted somthing that was a little bit better coverage, a little longer lasting (for some reason my new acne diminished Revlon's staying power, I would guess because the skin was flaking and such), and a better match for my skin (I am extremely pale, my Color Stay matches pretty well but is still a tad too dark and I have the lightest shade available).

So I went to Merle Normans in search of a miracle foundation. I started by telling the woman working there that I have VERY oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. I told her that I was using Revlon Color Stay (as a frame of reference for her so she might get an idea of what kind of foundation I preferred to use) and that I liked it but that I was looking for more coverage, and better staying power.

I am somewhat familiar with Merle Norman Products so I had assumed she would reccomend the long lasting foundation...but instead I was presented with this, plain old regular liquid foundation. That suprised me but I figured well maybe it is really good quality and long lasting. I was in a hurry and purchased the product after seeing how beautifully it matched my skin tone.

I hate this product.

Pros: Feels light on the skin, applies well, and matched my skin PERFECTLY.
Cons: The packaging sucks, I pretty much have to dip my finger into the bottle in order to accsess the product, it does not pour out of the bottle at all even after vigorous shaking. Not good coverage at all, and the staying power is awful.

Now the covereage in this product is probably great for people with truly normal skin, or maybe if you have a few small acne scars....but if you have full blown raging hormonal acne going on...this stuff is not going to cover it.

Also, oily skinned girls, forget it, do not bother. I would guess that this product could be really nice for those with dry skin, I could see it working.

The staying power is so bad. I applied this once at 5PM, went out to dinner with my boyfriend, caught a movie, came home around 10PM, looked in the mirror and it looked like i was wearing no make up at all!. I used a primer (cannot remember which brand, sorry) and set the make up with a good amount of powder. And it was gone, like to the point where when i went to remove my make up with a make up removing wipe....no foundation came off onto the cloth...at all...so it like....dissapeared off of my face or somthing, because there was none to be found.

Overall....awful product, over priced, and the woman who was helping me really ticked me off to be honest. She did not take what i had to say seriously or into consideration and treated me as if i knew nothing about makeup. That being said, i will not re-purchase foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Gigaboom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use it regularly but never in the summer as I find that their tinted moisturizer better serves my needs at that time. I use it and find that other times of year the coverage is quite good and matches my skin tone very well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for the past couple of months and am somewhat disappointed in the performance of this foundation. It is currently summer and very hot/humid where I live. My skin is oily and this is ineffective at preventing shine. The coverage is light/med and dewy. Even when I set with powder, my face ends up looking oily a couple of hours later. The pros are that it is oil-free and actually has a decent color selection. This could be a winner for someone with normal/dry skin but I'll stick with my Luxiva Lasting liquid foundation!