November 29, 2014 | 1020 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Jane Iredale - Dream Tint

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Cbarnes81

What is weird is that I like this product for the same things other commenters have criticised it for. I love the smell (I really do!). It smells like a good skincare product, I think. I like the coverage and the consistency.

But what I love most about it is how it feels on my skin. It feels fresh. I hate cosmetics and skin care that feel sort of warm-ish on the skin (kind of like how skin oil feels), and very much prefer products that feel cool and fresh (like toners or cold cream). Well, this tinted moisturiser feels exactly that on the skin: fresh and clean.

I just rally have a problem with the price. It's just too expensive. It's not an item I can't do without. I like it ( a lot ) but I can also do without it. Unless I have more money than I can spend, I will probably not repurchase. Oh, I hate writing that, but that's just how I feel :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Barbadosbelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love JI products and have used her Liquid Mineral foundation/eye-shadows/blushers for

some years but this Dream Tint is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE (and yes, I AM

shouting it from the rooftops!).

It is thick and gungy-feeling in texture and looks it when on. You can see every line of the

brush and it is just unusble.

So ..... I'll just stick to the fabulous Liquid Minerals.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by sarahb11

I am so disappointed with this product. I was really looking forward to using it but I have given up after several attempts and will not use it again. The first thing that hit me was the horrible, clinical, smell. I ordered light and when I first put a bit on my face it looked white! It gives NO coverage at all and it quickly settled into my pores. Tried using different kinds of brushes and my fingers but nothing worked. Huge waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Petra345

I have mixed feelings about this tinted creme. I bought it so I could wear it underneath my Amazing Base a while ago, when I was still using AB, and it worked fine, but it's quite expensive just to be used as a primer/something, because I always wear my Avene Hydrance Optimale underneath, Dream Tint does not hydrate my skin enough. On its own, it is quite useless. I wear it at home when I want to even out my skin, or for the gym, when going for a walk... But that's about it. I cannot wear this for school, work, going out, because the coverage is really... well lame. I have blemishes, uneven skin tone, and this just doesn't work for me, covers nothing. Although, when you pat it into the skin, without rubbing, you can get some coverage out of it.. Not enough for me, but maybe some of you girls with perfect skin would find it good enough. The ingredients are really good, so it's a shame this doesn't provide better coverage. Just to point out, this never broke me out, got too oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ShiMakeup

Nothing wrong with the packaging. I think this is a moisturizer for drier skin types. I'm combination so my cheeks are normal but this made them oily. I hate this moisturizer. A LOT. really zero coverage and makes me into an oily mess and doesn't support the makeul on top at all. Even when mixed with a foundation it just is craaap.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by jackbauer143

I had high hopes for this. The ingredient list is pretty good and I liked how it had SPF in it. But the coverage is terrible (almost nonexistent), even for a tinted moisturizer, and I felt like even the closest match to my skin tone had a weird orangish tint. Not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been lemming this TM for a LONG time when I finally emailed JI to request a sample in Light. The sample is a mini version of the full sized squeeze tube and was enough for me to use 4 times (all over my face, no patch tests). I have very fair, cool-toned skin with pink undertones and don't know anything about MAC references but usually wear Alima Neutral 1, Meow Sleek Bengal, or Vapour s110, and this product blended into my skin for a really excellent match.

I was, sadly, underwhelmed by this product. I found that without a good moisturizer underneath this looked too dry and emphasized my pores and lines - but I did get great, moderate coverage this way. With a fairly heavy moisturizer applied first the finish was much better BUT I needed twice the amount of product to get any coverage and even then it was very light coverage. I also got really, extra shiny after just a couple hours each time I wore this, regardless of moisturizer, finishing powder and repeated blotting.

I also ended up with little, white pustule-like blemishes on my face within 24 hours of application each time, so something in here does not agree with my face :(

On the positive side, this would be a great TM for someone who wants very light coverage and isn't sensitive to any of the ingredients. Also, if you don't have many enlarged pores or dehydration/expression/age/etc lines that could potentially be emphasized by it. It has a light scent that dissipates quickly, has some nice ingredients for nourishing the skin and, while it is expensive, it is cheaper than many of the other "natural" alternatives out there.

I would not buy again myself, but if you think it might for you, just ask for a sample and try it out. It might be wonderful for someone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Genvieve

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm back "into" this product again! Set it aside for a while as it seemed to streak and ball-up a bit upon application. Maybe because I'm now using a lighter moisturizer underneath, it goes on great. The biggest difference however is that am now using a brush to apply it. A short, flat-top style foundation brush works GREAT to blend and diffuse this amazing tint. Just squirt a little of the tint on the back of my hand and work the brush into it, then apply. It creates a glowy yet matte finish that lasts all day and is ideal for the warm weather months. Plenty of coverage, but not cakey. Am using this in Medium--works well for my light/medium/tan skin, very forgiving. As others have noted, I think my skin looks better in general when I use this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by blueberrylove

This is has been my go-to tinted moisturizer for years. I've tried Bobbi Brown (oxidizes into a yellow/orange color and is too thick for my taste), Laura Mercier (it was fine and occasionally broke me out but it was still good), Missha BB cream (way too heavy & broke me out), and Dr. Jar+ BB cream (way too heavy and left a white cast on my face).

This is my favorite. Light, smells wonderful, beautiful color that doesn't oxidize, has light/medium coverage, feels SO NATURAL. Makes me skin look so dewy even though my skin is not the dewy type *at all*. It takes a couple of tries to get the application technique down. It dries quickly so work fast! I use a foundation brush and it works great.

Coverage looks pretty good for about 5-7 hours which is pretty good for a tinted moisturizer. What I love the most is that it doesn't break me out -- and, believe me, basically everything breaks me out. Love mineral make up!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by adr75050

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased this to conceal my rosacea from my dermatologist office. it appears very sheer and natural the first hour it is on. But quickly turns into an oily mess. to hide my rosacea i was encouraged to apply amazing base on top of the dream tint to better conceal the redness. within an hour my face was grossly oily and I couldnt stand it!! I like a matte finish but was really disappointed in this felt it made my skin oilier then it really is. I would say I have combination skin, with oily t - zone, and sensitive. But the days I used this I was just straight up oily. Big disappointment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No