Neutrogena Neutrogena Combination skin moisturizer

3.5

Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Octanoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Lysine Carboxymethyl Cystinate, Lysine Thiazolidine Carboxylate, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Benzalkonium Chloride.

on 6/10/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product 2 days ago and used it day & night the last 2 days. Yesterday morning i woke up with very little change to my skin ( which i expected with first use). However when i woke up this morning my skin looked very bright & clear and soft to the touch, will continue using this product and update this review later on!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I honestly thought that I was doomed to struggling with skin care products thanks to having combination skin- I mean how could one single product cater to both dry and oily skin on the same face? But anyway, I think this $12 moisturizer performs better than the $38 one I had been using from Sephora. Skin care is tricky but I really really like this product, and I have found very few skin care products that I remain loyal to.

The more expensive moisturizer I used prior to this one clung to my dry spots and made my T-zone look like an oil slick. However, I did not experience that with the Neutrogena one- my skin actually looked even, it moisturized the dry spots, and more importantly it did not make my nose and forehead look more oily. The texture is lightweight, non-greasy, unscented (thankfully), and it left my skin feeling refreshed and prepped for foundation.

I use it twice a day- once in the morning/before I put my makeup on, and when I take it off at night. Believe it or not, my pores looked a little bit smaller- this product does not particularly target pores but perhaps when combined with the other new products I started using, they're slightly less noticeable (at least to me).

I know taking care of combination skin is frustrating, and everyone has different body chemistry so what works for one person may not work for another. However, keep trying and I hope you all find your holy grail products! I know this is one of mine!

And I actually did leave it somewhere and re-bought it the next day lol

on 6/5/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Bought this for the first time yesterday and used it only once, which was last night. Woke up this morning to at least 5 fresh, new bumps on my face. Gonna have to pass on this. My oily skin alone doesn't cause this much acne. I only get pimples around the time of my cycle so I can definitely narrow it down to this product :(

on 11/13/2014 3:43:00 PM

I have been using this product since I was 16 (I'm 30 now). I've tried other moisturizers, but always come back to this one. I have always had seriously acne prone skin with cystic acne sending me to a dermatologist and this moisturizer has never broken me out. It's the perfect amount of moisture for my crazy oily skin.

on 11/1/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought this would be an amazing moisturizer for my combination, acne-prone skin. My mistake. I feel that this doesn't moisturize my cheeks enough, because after I use it on my cheeks, they are still dry and flaky. It does control oil on the t-zone, well, just my forehead, but just a little bit. It also broke me out the first month of usage, and until this day, I still have blackheads on my cheeks. Overall, I will not buy this again because I feel and know that there are WAY better moisturizers on the market.

on 10/29/2014 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Right now I'm coping with rough skin and my worst breakout in many years after using this Combination moisturizer for two days. Will switch back to the Sensitive one which agreed for me.

This is a great non-greasy oil-free formula. I have acne-prone skin but my cheeks get really dry, especially in winter. Some moisturizers like those made by Olay have given me a rash under my eyes. I've used this product for years and it always leaves my skin feeling great and refreshed. I've recommended this product and Sephora's Instant Moisturizer to friends as the best value moisturizers on the market.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I do like this product; my skin really drinks it up and my skin feels really nice after I use it. I even recommended it this to a friend whose skin is more oily than mine and she likes it as well. I would totally recommend this to people to at least try because it did't irritate my skin at all, and it didn't break me out either. It also lasted me a long time, I was surprised at how long the bottle lasted me and how little product I needed. As much as I love it, I think I have to stop using it, at least for now, because my skin has changed. My combo skin is pretty much right in-between oily and dry, and it will go back and fourth from being more oily to more dry depending on the time of year; and for a long time this was the perfect moisturizer for me but now my skin is more on the dry side and I just need something more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have a lot of issues with moisturizers because many clog my skin. In fact, I've grown to hate moisturizers because I just see them as things that are going to break me out. I don't need a great deal of moisture because I am oily-combo (obviously) but prone to dehydration. Thanks to recommendations from the MUB, I decided to try this one out. It does indeed moisturize my skin without breaking it out. My face does feel softer. That's all I ask from a moisturizer. The formula is non-greasy, absorbs and dries almost immediately into my skin, and does not have a smell. One pump is enough for my face, and the bottle is quite large so it will last forever. I bought it at RiteAid for $12 so it's a good bang for your buck.

on 5/4/2013 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like this product alot. It somewhat evened up my skin tone, and it makes my face somewhat smoother/softer. However, when I wash my face in the morning with only water, I feel the product coming off. Which is disappointing because I really want it IN my skin obviously...Also, sometimes when I forget to put it on at night, I wake up with HUGE zits(1-3) on my forehead. -.- So, that's a no-no, OVERALL, I like it & I would reccomend it. I probably want to find a MORE softening product though.