Neutrogena Neutrogena Combination skin moisturizer

3.5

Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Octanoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Lysine Carboxymethyl Cystinate, Lysine Thiazolidine Carboxylate, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Benzalkonium Chloride.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Like many of their other products this also makes my skin so greasy. It just sits on top of my skin and never sinks in. My face looks dull and gross. It breaks me out and just does not work for me.

I really wanted to love this product. I am very acne prone and I was on the search for a good moisturizer. I bought the "sensitive skin" version of this moisturizer. Its very lightweight and has a barely there scent, however after applying it I feel as though it doesn't really sink into my skin. My skin feels tacky and sticky and like the product is just sitting on top of it. Unfortunately, every time I have tried to use this product I have ALWAYS gotten break outs. I'm not sure what it is. Lately I have been keeping it by my bedside to use as a hand cream and it works pretty well.

I am really liking this. I have an oily T-zone and the rest of my face tends to be slightly dry. If you used a face wash that dried out your face, then this probably wouldn't be moisturizing enough. But for me it's perfect. I use it in the morning and at night after using a gentle cleanser. It does feel slightly sticky just after you apply it, that's a bit weird, but it goes away in a few minutes and leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated. Really good under makeup and hasn't broken me out, it's just a really good gentle basic moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product 2 days ago and used it day & night the last 2 days. Yesterday morning i woke up with very little change to my skin ( which i expected with first use). However when i woke up this morning my skin looked very bright & clear and soft to the touch, will continue using this product and update this review later on!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I honestly thought that I was doomed to struggling with skin care products thanks to having combination skin- I mean how could one single product cater to both dry and oily skin on the same face? But anyway, I think this $12 moisturizer performs better than the $38 one I had been using from Sephora. Skin care is tricky but I really really like this product, and I have found very few skin care products that I remain loyal to.

The more expensive moisturizer I used prior to this one clung to my dry spots and made my T-zone look like an oil slick. However, I did not experience that with the Neutrogena one- my skin actually looked even, it moisturized the dry spots, and more importantly it did not make my nose and forehead look more oily. The texture is lightweight, non-greasy, unscented (thankfully), and it left my skin feeling refreshed and prepped for foundation.

I use it twice a day- once in the morning/before I put my makeup on, and when I take it off at night. Believe it or not, my pores looked a little bit smaller- this product does not particularly target pores but perhaps when combined with the other new products I started using, they're slightly less noticeable (at least to me).

I know taking care of combination skin is frustrating, and everyone has different body chemistry so what works for one person may not work for another. However, keep trying and I hope you all find your holy grail products! I know this is one of mine!

And I actually did leave it somewhere and re-bought it the next day lol

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Bought this for the first time yesterday and used it only once, which was last night. Woke up this morning to at least 5 fresh, new bumps on my face. Gonna have to pass on this. My oily skin alone doesn't cause this much acne. I only get pimples around the time of my cycle so I can definitely narrow it down to this product :(

I have been using this product since I was 16 (I'm 30 now). I've tried other moisturizers, but always come back to this one. I have always had seriously acne prone skin with cystic acne sending me to a dermatologist and this moisturizer has never broken me out. It's the perfect amount of moisture for my crazy oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this would be an amazing moisturizer for my combination, acne-prone skin. My mistake. I feel that this doesn't moisturize my cheeks enough, because after I use it on my cheeks, they are still dry and flaky. It does control oil on the t-zone, well, just my forehead, but just a little bit. It also broke me out the first month of usage, and until this day, I still have blackheads on my cheeks. Overall, I will not buy this again because I feel and know that there are WAY better moisturizers on the market.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Right now I'm coping with rough skin and my worst breakout in many years after using this Combination moisturizer for two days. Will switch back to the Sensitive one which agreed for me.

This is a great non-greasy oil-free formula. I have acne-prone skin but my cheeks get really dry, especially in winter. Some moisturizers like those made by Olay have given me a rash under my eyes. I've used this product for years and it always leaves my skin feeling great and refreshed. I've recommended this product and Sephora's Instant Moisturizer to friends as the best value moisturizers on the market.