October 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense i-Color Play Up Volumizing Mascara in Black Pearl

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by wolfclaw23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gentle product! It seems like I have sensitive eyes because another mascara from another company burned my eyes >.< The big benefit is that it never clumps! Plus it volumizes! People love my eyes and envy them :P buy the eyeliner too because it goes on sooo smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by JMB0802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. I was confused when I went to buy it because the package doesn't say volumizing and the brush is yellow not blue like the picture here! This volumizes, curls and lengthen my short, downward eyelashes. Without irritation and no smudging even though my eyes were weep because of a cold. Dries fast but doesn't rip out your lashes. So surprised it didn't run considering its not advertised as waterproof. Perfect for sensitive eyed gals. Love the plastic brush. I don't know why its for hazel eyes though and its not sparkly like the name suggests. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by erose1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is My HG mascara! I am so impressed by this mascara I might not ever need to buy another kind again. It has a very large brush perfect for my already long lashes. This give amazing definition length and some volume. It coats every lash perfectly! It honestly appears like I'm wearing false lashes and I keep getting people asking me If i am wearing false lashes! The packaging is very classy and best of all its only $5!! This is my first HG product and I have been through hundred of different types of make-up. I chose the one for brown eyes even though I have hazel because I like black mascaras and I'm so glad I did I might try the emerald one too now! :)

update: It dried out very quickly lasted about a month, moved on to maybelline one by one and I am loving it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by albinaalba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One thing is true: it doesn't smudge....because even after 10 coats I couldn't see any difference. I had such great expectations, shame

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by NikkiDZ07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! It doesn't flake or smudge, and it separates! I paid about 5.50 for this at Target. That to me is a really good price for a good mascara.

However, it is not as black or as thickening as l'oreal voluminous, but I am more than willing to choose this over voluminous due to the RIDICULOUS amount of smudging. Also, I no longer have to feel bad about wearing mascara because Almay does not test on animals!

There are multiple review boards for this product (the reviews led me to purchase it) and I have no idea where people are getting that is has some shimmer. Maybe I am missing something, but it just appears black to me.

I will definitely buy this again!

UPDATE: I've been using this for awhile now and it is definitely the best mascara I have used. What makes it even better than I originally thought is that last night I was going out and applied one coat, let it dry for about 10 seconds, and then added a coat of voluminous. There was no smudging!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 7:36:00 AM More reviews by BSchrews

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great brush, good coverage, and does not run down my face. This particular color is for hazel eyes. It is black in color but I think that I see a little bit of copper or gray metallic when on my lashes. Not overtly metallic but just enough to add some pop. I love it and hope that Almay never stops making this product. The only caveat is that does take a little bit of effort to remove but I am lazy at bedtime!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by HollyIvy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like this mascara, no clumps, skinny brush, easy to manipulate wand. Comes off easily with my Loreal Skin Genesis Gel Cleanser. If I'm not mistaken, this is the one for hazel eyes, which I do have.Don't think they particularly make them look more hazel, but like it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

Other than Lash Exact and its various siblings, this is the best rubber brush mascara I have tried. So for those who want a mascara of this type from a brand that is cruelty free, I recommend giving this one a try. It's important to note that Almay has two Intense i-Color mascaras. One is a lengthening mascara, and the other is a volumizing mascara. This review is specifically for the volumizing mascara. Compared to some of the mascaras I've tried recently, ie Lash Blast, this one has a rather skinny brush, which surprised me at first. However, it does a good job at getting to every lash. This probably isn't the best mascara for someone who wants a really dramatic look, but I was impressed at how well it lengthened and volumized. It gave me a soft fringe, which is what I like. And it was easy to remove. I have not had any problems with it clumping or smearing. I have to say that this is the first mascara I have ever liked from Almay or its sister company Revlon. Great find!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No