July 23, 2014 | 1993 users online

Lip Treatments - Avon - Lip Balms (any flavor)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this lip balm! I bought this for 79 in "Cherry Cherise" and it smells delicious and it's very moisturizing and pretty light for a scented balm. Big reccomend 

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

This review is for the Coconut Blossom Lip Balm. It smells great but it is really gritty and turns lips white. Because it's so gritty I can't even wear under lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For plain lip balms these are great.

They're kind of like the grown up version of Lipsmackers. There are so many flavors that it works for any day and you can have a wide selection for very inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

What can I say that hasn't been said already. This keeps you lips soft for lipstick or lipgloss application. The flavours are true to word (personal faves are bubble bum and strawberry). And the price is stellar! It never fails!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I got this as a stocking stuffer from my grandma, which likes to buy random beauty products to us for Christmas. It was inceredibly hard to open, and when I finally did success, the plastic film that covered the tube was gone because it broke during the process of opening. I was hen left wondering which flavor the lip balm was supposed to be. I got Peppermint, from the Holiday sweets collection. Well, let's just say that it does not smell like peppermint at all. Instead, it smells like rubber and chemicals, and then fake peppermint. The texture was watery and just sat on my lips, never hydrating them. My sisters got Cinnamon & spice and Berry I think, and my mother got Sugar cookie. This one received praise from my sisters, but I absolutely disliked them all. Even though they are quite cheap, I would not purchase them again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best lip saver with a hint of tint (strawberry) and flavor! I love love love this! You don't need to spend a fortune to achieve a natural lip look! My only regret is that I didn't try these sooner! At 99 cents a pop, I bought half a dozen to make sure I had one on hand at all times! It gives my lips a natural flush for a day time look that's sweet and innocent... but kissable;) They work wonderful under lipstick as well. Try it! You won't be disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's official I will no longer buy any Avon Flavored lipbalms again. Yes, they do have great scents, but the truth is they are not very moisturizing, and I'm constantly reapplying it. I have tried a few in the naturals line and they just suck. I've learned my lesson, I'm sticking to the moisture therapy balms.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Cheyenneeex34

Personaly they make my lips all puffy. I am alligetic to all lip products by them and it stinks cause a lot of people I know love them and use them all the time. But I guess Avon is not the brand for me which is ok casue other things work better anyway. I mean Avon says all these great things about their other make up and it doesnt work well. Its a shame...false advertisment to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by goldbugkc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With all the great reviews for these I was excited to try them. I purchased the Peach flavor from the Naturals line and the Jelly Bean flavor from the Pretty Petal line. I grew up on Bonne Bell Lipsmackers and I've always had a thing for flavored balms...plus, I love a good deal, and at 99 cents (or less when on sale) these seemed like they'd be a hit. I found the texture to be okay. Not my favorite, but perfectly acceptable. The scent/taste, however, left a lot to be desired. The peach one had a barely discernable peach scent, and the jelly bean one was a little stronger. Unfortunately, underneath the scent in each one was a strong cheap waxy smell. The ingredient list for these is so long and scary that I really have no idea what ingredient or combination of ingredients is to blame. I will not purchase again. A dollar for a yucky-tasting lip balm is no deal when I can get something yummy for two dollars elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

I own these in a variety of seasonal flavors (eggnog, pumpkin pie, sugar cookie, white chocolate, bunny berry, gingerbread, candy corn, butterscotch) and I do try not to get too many because they last a long time. The eggnog one is ancient, I hate to admit - but it still works!

These are novelty lip balms but are of pretty decent quality, and since the full price is $.99 you can't go wrong. Of course, I advise getting them for $.79 or $69. =)

Nine times out of ten, the smell is pretty on target with the item being depicted, too, but these are not quite "good enough to eat."