August 23, 2014 | 1059 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAD Minerals - Translucent Veil Mineral Finishing Powder

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm primarily a mineral makeup wearer, and I have several primer powders- Fyrinnae Rice Powder Primer, Alima's Balancing Primer, EM Tinted Silk Dust, I have a sample size of EM Start to Finish Powder in Fair, I've used BE's Mineral Veil as a primer, and I also have BE Prime Time. I have MAC's Oil Control lotion as well. I love BE's Prime Time, but I don't want to use a silicone-based primer everyday. I prefer to use mineral products when I can, to keep my skin as clear as I can. I thought I had tried them all, but this is the best primer powder I've used thus far. It is white, but goes on colorless. I use the primer powder 2nd, after the mineral concealer, which I apply over moisturized bare skin, and then mineral foundation. This powder consists of kaolin clay and mica - simple, and effective. This absorbs oil like you would not believe, and is the 'industrial strength' version of the other mineral makeup companies' primer powders. It is soft and not grainy at all. After application there is no white cast, and I do feel it adds a hint of coverage on top of the concealer, so skin looks more even at the time you apply the mineral foundation. I have also used this with Studiofix powder makeup that I have turned into a loose-powder foundation, and it kept oil from seeping through with that, as well. I used this, with a mineral foundation and concealer, one hot weekend afternoon when I walked 6 miles on the San Gabriel river. When I got back home, my legs felt like jello and my feet were hurting, but my face wasn't that shiny- in spite of a few gnats here and there from the river. I was shocked! I thought I would be a sweaty, shiny mess, but I wasn't looking that bad (face-wise, anyway - the rest of me was pretty bedraggled). If you need extra oil-control in the heat, this is a wonderful product. I recommend this for oily to very oily skin and for heat/humidity/summer use. Very inexpensive, you can get a 30g size from MAD Minerals for $15.50 and a 10g size with a sifter (a good trial size) is only $7.50. This company makes some very innovative products -check them out!