April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Tree Hut - Shea Body Butter Hawaiian Kukui

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by MermaidInOhio

I think I'm in love! Lol. I usually don't care much for body butters all over. They just seem to heavy or greasy for my skin. This one however, is fantastic. The smell is wonderful to me. It's kind of warm and nutty, but tropical and sweet all at the same time without being overwhelming. It kind of reminds me of the beach or summer. This is not greasy or too thick. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by SmileItsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product! Used some at my cousin's house, and immediately knew that I wanted to purchase some. It really makes my skin feel hydrated in smooth. My mom tried some on my nephew, who has an awful case of eczema, and it really helped clear it up more than the prescription creams we've been using on him. Definitely interested in trying other products from this company!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by plasticvagabond

I always receive this body butter as a gift,and it is my absolute fave. I have mostly good skin...or so I thought before using this. This has just made my skin soooo moisturized and smooth. I can't keep my hands off of myself. lol And the smell..oh my goodness. I am transported to a summer morning thanks to this scent. Truly tropical. The scent alone helps with my winter blues. Sometimes I find myself lathering up with this stuff a few times a day,not that I need to.. I just can't get over how truly amazing a butter can be.

This is a top of the line product for cheap,haven't used any lotion better than this. And to think i've spent 80 bucks on my previous moisturizer which left my skin blotchy and dry.

This butter is a WIN!! HG lotion/butter for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

This and the Brazilian Nut are my favorite scents from Tree Hut products. The Hawaiian Kukui, I feel, has better texture than the other Tree Hut body butters. Sometimes when I purchase the body butter it's smooth and creamy and blends well, and other times it's waxy and goes on in clumps onto my skin (not attractive on legs lol). Anyhow, I noticed the Hawaiian Kukui is pretty much consistent in quality. It also has a divine "sun tanny" scent. I get asked all the time what scent I'm wearing and where to buy it! Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by SuzaB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product! Lasts all day and smells great

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i like the scent of this product. it smells really nice. it's a great moisturizer but as another reviewer said it is not a year round product because for me it's too thick for the summers when it's hot and humid. i like the jar because it's thick. the jar makes it easier to get out and i get every drop of product out of it which i like. i will likely look for the same scent in a lotion for the summers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got it in a costco set of four. It's not bad, smells a little oversweet, but mostly tropical. The shea butter is thick and moisturizing, rub in well or your clothes will stick to you! It absorbs well and is a good moisturizer. I wouldn't use it year around, Cetaphil helps me out for less serious dryness, but in the winter, or once a day when I'm just out of the shower, this product works well. I'd get it again, but myabe in the plain scent. This tropical scents just aren't my thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Love the nutty, sweet, slightly fruity smell. Inexpensive. Found in my Walmart.

CONS: You should smell it first; the scent is strong (but I like it okay.) Some will not like that it comes in a jar, (but my hands are clean before I apply cream anyway.)

USAGE TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

ALTERNATE: I also really like Cantu's Shea Butter Body Butter that smells much more mild than this one. (It's usually found in the African American shampoo/lotion section of my Walmart.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

This review is for the KuKui body butter. I have also tried the original scent, which has a strong, but non-fakey, smelling nut fragrance. The kukui fragrance is still nutty, but lighter. I prefer kukui. I'm not the type that likes the feeling of body butter all over my skin, but these are great for your feet and hands/nails, and are of very nice quality for the price - the best I've found period for softening hands & feet without the help of hydroxyacids. Let me know if you can find similar quality and performance in a butter that isn't as strongly foodie-fragranced - for anywhere near the price. I get mine at Walmart. My jar of original is getting fairly old now, and still no rancid off-smells. BTW, I find the lotions to be just mediocre - the butters are where it's at

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It clumped and rolled off my skin. Gross! I was so disappointed.