Kevin Murphy Luxury.Wash

3.6

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this shampoo with the matching conditioner, and I've also used the conditioner with different shampoos. Overall I am more impressed with the conditioner and didn't notice much difference when I paired it with different/cheaper shampoo. Therefore I must conclude it's the conditioner doing most of the "leg-work" here. This shampoo is pretty nice- it cleans well, smells nice, and doesn't dry out the hair, but I'm not convinced it's worth the price. Right now LUSH Fairly Traded Honey shampoo + KM Luxury Rinse is my winning combo, a lot better than Luxury Wash + Luxury Rinse. My hair has been a lot softer and shinier since switching to the LUSH shampoo. For this reason I won't buy the Luxury Wash again, even though it's a pretty good shampoo. YMMV.

on 1/8/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Because I have thick hair, I thought I could handle this product (as well as the rinse). But... I have fine, baby hair, just a lot of it. This was totally my mistake as I later realized this duo is for coarse hair... haha! Left an enormous greasy patch at the crown of my head. Definitely for people with Native American/Hispanic/Asian type of hair!

on 12/23/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I actually just tried a sample of this and wasn't amazed. I have used the angel wash and hydrate me wash from kevin murphy and they are far better compared to this.

on 4/30/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As above, this review is for the Kevin Murphy HYDRATE-ME.WASH

I tried a sample of this and had to buy it. I was using Frederick Fekkai and this blows it out of the water. I think it's a little bit more expensive but worth it. I LOVE the smell, it's so gentle on my hair that has been horribly abused. Will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this shampoo and its matching conditioner last week. I have extremely thick, coarse, highlighted hair and have almost given up finding a good shampoo/conditioner combo that will add moisture and reduce frizz. So far, I am very impressed with the Luxury Wash. It's very concentrated so you only need a small amount, smells divine and leaves my hair very soft and squeaky clean! Fingers crossed this is the ONE!

on 4/30/2010 11:37:00 PM

This review is for the Kevin Murphy HYDRATE-ME.WASH (wasn't listed in choices to select).

I have been using this shampoo (and the conditioner) for the last three weeks and I am in absolute LOVE. I previously had been using Pureology for the last year and thought I'd never find anything I like better. The Hydrate-Me.Wash is complete ecstacy for my hair. It's nourishing, devoid of unnecessary chemicals and I have absolutely no issues with any sort of build up or oily issues at the end of wearing 2nd day hair.

I have used Bumble and Bumble, Aveda, TiGi and a plethora of other shampoos out there and NONE of them can hold a candle to the Kevin Murphy... LOVE IT!!!!

on 11/30/2009 2:04:00 AM

Nice smell, great lather, sulfate-free. Made my thick, coarse, frizzy hair incredibly soft -- I have a bit of a natural wave, which came through nicely when I switched to this shampoo.

...pricey though.

on 4/22/2009 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a creamy moisturizing wash, but I think my scalp didn't like it, along with the conditioner as well-

I noticed little bumps on my scalp the next day, which has never happened to me before-It weighed my hair down and I do not like the smell-

on 11/7/2008 5:35:00 AM

Not sure about this. It's ok. Smells nice. Bottle design as with most of Kevin Murphy's stuff is just weird. Is this HG? No. It's ok and it does make my hair feel clean and ready for conditioner. Still not sure - will edit if I change my mind.