November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Styling Products - Kevin Murphy - Easy.Rider

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by retinoids

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have short hair that's bleached (longer bangs), and I just love this product. I use angel rinse as a leave-in on the ends; once dry, I apply this to the ends and to the crown area to add control. It's perfect as a product that adds control and texture, yet leaves the hair very pliable and soft. So glad I finally decided to splurge and try this, as I'm totally hooked and will continue to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by kmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this on second and third day hair and it works like a charm. Revives my curls and eliminates frizz with no crunch factor at all. Just use a dab and rub it between your palms really well then scrunch in.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I found this Kevin Murphy product to be alright. Nothing super special, nothing horrible, just alright.

I have straight hear which can frizz out and pouf like crazy if the weather is even slightly humid. I find I have to use heavier products to smooth it out. I liked the texture of Easy RIder as it's sort of a cross between a pomade and a lotion. I figured this would be a good match for my hair type, yet I wasn't super impressed with it.

I found using it on damp hair just made my hair look greasy and it didn't do the best job of controlling frizz. I thought maybe I used too much of it yet no matter how much or little I used the greasy look would happen. So I stuck to using it only on my dry hair to finish and polish after flat ironing. Even then my results were just ok. It did a good job of taming the flyaways yet the results didn't last very long, after a bus ride and short walk outsde my hair had all kinds of frizz happening.

Bottom line - this product isn't worth the $22.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by shealy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Easy Rider is the only product that will keep frizz out of my hair on a humid day. I've tried them all - and there are many!! Just a quarter-size amount, rub together in hands and apply through hair, damp or dry and no frizz. I wish the packaging were a tube, though. This comes in a tub and you have to put your fingers in it each time. But, it works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

A great smoothing product. My hairdresser recommended this in TINY amounts to keep frizz away and help the ends, which can get ratty. I have thick, fairly straight hair that develops flyaways and frizz. I rub a small amount in my hands to warm it up, start at the bottom when my hair is damp. When my hair is dry then skim the rest of my head. I use barely enough to coat a fingertip, which is perfect. The ends feel so soft and smooth and the flyaways are minimum. I love the light, musky smell too. I'm not a huge fan of the box packaging, but can live with it. The cost is reasonable, as it will last a long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by gingerkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will open by saying that my hair has been a wreck this summer. I needed an overhaul of new cut, product, everything. I went to a new, spendy hair person and she recommended this one item: Easy Rider. She said it's basically made for hair like mine - thin, frizzy AND puffy in humidity and flat as a pancake in cold weather. Basically, hair that is really confused. The test - a 2 mile walk during a very humid Boston morning on my way to work. Not a drop of frizz. My hair is a few inches past shoulders, fine, lots of hair, no layers, and I use a fingertip's worth of product. Heat it up in your hands, start at the bottom when applying and work up. No build up, either. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by sofarsogood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have curly, thick, coarse, dry hair. It's a big mess, and I have tried everything, from foam to leave-in, and nothing worked. I wanted to give this a try for a long time now, so bought it on a whim. And I must say I'm really impressed. Easy rider is a really thick cream, it looks like butter and it's very powerful. I put too much on the first time and my hair felt incredibly greasy. But it did exactly what it said it would: it defined my curls, controled my crazy hair and the frizz! I'll just have to find the right amount to put on my hair so it will control it and not make it just greasy. Really impressive stuff, will definitely buy again. I've also ordered the luxury leave in and hope it will be just as incredible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by staceyalberta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the HG of styling products for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuf. Gives me great seperation for my wavy hair. I can go more than one day between applying which is not only a time saver, but money saver as well. I love the smell & the ease of use. I can apply to my damp wavy hair, scrunch & then leave it to air dry & have nice wavy hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another great product from Kevin Murphy. Normally I use Motion Lotion, but when I'm looking for a more dramatic look I use this. It provides a great deal of separation, I get nice big ribbon like ringlets with this. But, because it's geared more towards thick hair it is more emollient so I have to be very careful with the amount I use or it can weigh my hair down a bit.
Love that you can use this on wet or dry hair as well.
Washes out clean as a whistle, and leaves no build up. I have to say that I'm wholly impressed with the Kevin Murphy line in general!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:22:00 AM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second box of this. It does control my very thick, curly hair and gives it lustre, definition and smells divine.
One word of caution, be light handed or your hair will end up greasy. Very greasy.
I like how Kevin Murphy products are sulphate and paraben free too. continued >>