Kevin Murphy Easy.Rider

4.3

Water (Aqua)(Eau), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Mineral Oil, PVP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Petrolatum, Water (and) Alcohol (and) PEG-35 Castor Oil (and) Aesculus Hippocastaneum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract (and) Retinyl Palmitate (and) Tocopherol (and) Inositol (and) Calcium Pantothenate (and) Linoleic Acid (and) Biotin, Lanolin Oil, Triethanolamine, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I truly hate this product. I have very long, virgin, 2a/2b hair in pretty good shape and this stuff makes it matte (!), frizzy, stiff, crunchy, hard and dull... Smells weird.
Used in different combinations, with different conditioners ( most by Kevin Murphy ) and every time I got the same result. In my opinion the mineral oil is to blame, I wish I looked up the ingredients before the purchase. What's up with Kevin Murphy and mineral oil anyway? They put so much of this cheap filler ( because let's be honest - that's what it is ) in their products? I choose silicone over mineral oil every day of the week. My hair hates mineral oil - it's like putting vaseline on your hair. Eventually, it took 3 washes with clarifying shampoo to wash this stuff out...
I need to add that my husband doesn't want to use this product either, and he's not very picky.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My hairdresser used this on my straight, fine hair at the salon after giving me a short pixie (like Charlize at the 2013 Oscars short). At the time, I liked the invigorating smell, and it gave my hair great definition while still looking natural (no gunky or greasy finish).

I've been using it for about 3 months now, and though I find the smell a touch overwhelming, it doesn't last long in my hair. I find that while it gives nice texture, it only gives light hold (as advertised), so I've taken to using Got2Be Glued Freezing Spray to set the style, specifically my bangs. When I run out of Easy Rider (which will likely be a year from now - a little goes a long way!) I'll try one of the stronger hold products fron the Kevin Murphy line.

What I love about this stuff is that I can go up to two days between washes, which was unheard of when I had long hair. I don't even need to reapply the product to maintain the texture. In the mornings I simply dampen my hair and blow-dry it to get rid of the inevitable awkward bedhead, and to give my bangs some lift, then set it again with the freezing spray. Honestly I could probably go longer between washes except I start to notice some flakes from the spray on day three. I'm currently on the hunt for a flake free freezing spray, but that's another story.

tl;dr Easy Rider loses one lippie for it's strong scent and less than stellar packaging, but otherwise it works as advertised on my short pixie, and it lasts for days to boot.

I have short hair that's bleached (longer bangs), and I just love this product. I use angel rinse as a leave-in on the ends; once dry, I apply this to the ends and to the crown area to add control. It's perfect as a product that adds control and texture, yet leaves the hair very pliable and soft. So glad I finally decided to splurge and try this, as I'm totally hooked and will continue to buy it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this on second and third day hair and it works like a charm. Revives my curls and eliminates frizz with no crunch factor at all. Just use a dab and rub it between your palms really well then scrunch in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this Kevin Murphy product to be alright. Nothing super special, nothing horrible, just alright.

I have straight hear which can frizz out and pouf like crazy if the weather is even slightly humid. I find I have to use heavier products to smooth it out. I liked the texture of Easy RIder as it's sort of a cross between a pomade and a lotion. I figured this would be a good match for my hair type, yet I wasn't super impressed with it.

I found using it on damp hair just made my hair look greasy and it didn't do the best job of controlling frizz. I thought maybe I used too much of it yet no matter how much or little I used the greasy look would happen. So I stuck to using it only on my dry hair to finish and polish after flat ironing. Even then my results were just ok. It did a good job of taming the flyaways yet the results didn't last very long, after a bus ride and short walk outsde my hair had all kinds of frizz happening.

Bottom line - this product isn't worth the $22.

A great smoothing product. My hairdresser recommended this in TINY amounts to keep frizz away and help the ends, which can get ratty. I have thick, fairly straight hair that develops flyaways and frizz. I rub a small amount in my hands to warm it up, start at the bottom when my hair is damp. When my hair is dry then skim the rest of my head. I use barely enough to coat a fingertip, which is perfect. The ends feel so soft and smooth and the flyaways are minimum. I love the light, musky smell too. I'm not a huge fan of the box packaging, but can live with it. The cost is reasonable, as it will last a long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I will open by saying that my hair has been a wreck this summer. I needed an overhaul of new cut, product, everything. I went to a new, spendy hair person and she recommended this one item: Easy Rider. She said it's basically made for hair like mine - thin, frizzy AND puffy in humidity and flat as a pancake in cold weather. Basically, hair that is really confused. The test - a 2 mile walk during a very humid Boston morning on my way to work. Not a drop of frizz. My hair is a few inches past shoulders, fine, lots of hair, no layers, and I use a fingertip's worth of product. Heat it up in your hands, start at the bottom when applying and work up. No build up, either. Good stuff!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have curly, thick, coarse, dry hair. It's a big mess, and I have tried everything, from foam to leave-in, and nothing worked. I wanted to give this a try for a long time now, so bought it on a whim. And I must say I'm really impressed. Easy rider is a really thick cream, it looks like butter and it's very powerful. I put too much on the first time and my hair felt incredibly greasy. But it did exactly what it said it would: it defined my curls, controled my crazy hair and the frizz! I'll just have to find the right amount to put on my hair so it will control it and not make it just greasy. Really impressive stuff, will definitely buy again. I've also ordered the luxury leave in and hope it will be just as incredible.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the HG of styling products for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuf. Gives me great seperation for my wavy hair. I can go more than one day between applying which is not only a time saver, but money saver as well. I love the smell & the ease of use. I can apply to my damp wavy hair, scrunch & then leave it to air dry & have nice wavy hair.

Another great product from Kevin Murphy. Normally I use Motion Lotion, but when I'm looking for a more dramatic look I use this. It provides a great deal of separation, I get nice big ribbon like ringlets with this. But, because it's geared more towards thick hair it is more emollient so I have to be very careful with the amount I use or it can weigh my hair down a bit.
Love that you can use this on wet or dry hair as well.
Washes out clean as a whistle, and leaves no build up. I have to say that I'm wholly impressed with the Kevin Murphy line in general!

Popular Styling Products