November 27, 2014 | 1504 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - Botanics Complexion Refining Day Moisture Lotion SPF 12

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by riaorion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What drew me to this product: It says it includes rosemary, which can help with redness and acne; it was also on clearance sale, 2 bottles for the price of 1, so I snagged both and hoped I didn't make a mistake. I have sensitive skin, oily-ish T-zone, fair/pale skin.

The use:
The moisturizer goes on easily, evenly, and lightly. I do not get any allergic reaction, which is good, and it seems to keep my face pretty decently clear. I've been using it for several months now (*cough* 2 bottles) and have not noticed my face acting out because of it. It has a decent fragrance that isn't overpowering, and has an okay SPF of 12 which is a minimal amount, I'd say. My face feels very nice after using; not heavy, not greasy, but light and refreshed.

The pros:
Aids with acne issues, or relief.
Smells decent and wears nicely.
Minimal SPF is still better than nothing!~

The cons:
I do not see it in my Target anymore. I know it said "clearance" but I cannot confirm if it's completely discontinued or just does not appear to be in any Target store near me anymore.
I can't really tell any "complexion refining" magic here; I still have redness near my nose, my chin, and in blemishes.

Overall: I have used two bottles over the past 5 months or so, and I really have enjoyed it. I have not had any adverse issues, but due to it not being in the Target near me I will have to use something else when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jennamarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing...i have terrible skin, dry spots oily spots, acne, uneven texture. Picked this up on a whim when it was on clearance at target on 1/30/13. even though it has sunscreen i put it on that night, woke up with not near as much redness, the texture even looked better, and i usually wake up with a blemish or 2 and this morning after using that lotion i had nothing! not saying its a miracle just yet but sure seems like it. I have tried a lot of lotions (neutrogena, aveeno, all those ones that say they are so great and gentle) but they all either seem to make things worse or just do nothing. I think it might be the rosemerry that is in this, my skin is loving it, never tried it before so im pretty sure that the ingredient that my skin is loving/and just this formula in general. Goes well under makeup. I heard people say in other posts that they dont like the consistency, but i think its great, very soft and not thick. everyones different but if you have odd mix of skin problems like me, you might want to try this or at least something with rosemerry!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only day time lotion that I trust. My skin is sensitive and oily. This wears well under makeup, no clogged pores and it gives moisture where I need it. I purchase this over and over again, no need for me to waste time and money trying to find something better. This is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer!! I love the scent and consistency- a bit watery and creamy at the same time, how is that possible?! It absorbs well and leaves my face soft and NOT SHINY! even hours later if I'm not wearing any foundation, my face isn't shiny. That's one of the best parts about this moisturizer. The other is that it doesn't break me out, and using it in conjuction with the Complexion Refining Toner, keeps pimples away! Of course nearing my period I tend to get a pimple or two, but since I starting using this in my regime, those pimples never get very big or last very long; and they certainly don't 'pop' (ewww) and scab over.

I've even been using this as a night moisturizer until I can try the night cream of this line. The only downfall is that I bought it exactly 22 days ago, and it's a tad more than half way gone :( Granted, I've been using it twice daily and ALL over my face, neck, and decollete. I think it was $12 at Target. At this rate I'd need to buy a new one every 1.5 months. Maybe getting the night cream will stretch it out. But considering before I used Clinique's mosturizing gel, I guess they average about the same, and this Complexion Refining Moisturizer has actually made a difference dealing with acne as opposed to the Clinique one that didn't do that at all.

I love this whole line so far, lol. I've used with success the mousse (cleanser), toning lotion, and day moisturizer, and boot's clay mask as well. In fact, I used all these products weekly if not daily with fabulous results. This line is really something else, much better than the fancier, more expensive things I used to buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like everything about this except the consistency. Other then that, it has improved my skin drastically. It's the first daytime moisturizer that I've found that doesn't make me oily or break me out. I've been using it for about 2 weeks so far so good. Hopefully it continues to work for me.

Edit on 02/27/11: This breaks me out and is making me oily now. Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After about two weeks, I started getting cyst like bumps under the skin. Had to stop using. Too bad.

I am an African American female and moisturizers with SPF can be problematic. Either they leave a white or ashy finish, or they are too oily. I have been using Dr. Dennis Gross' Auto Balancing Moisturizer with SPF 10 for years and really like it. It is a bit expensive, and becoming harder to find.

I saw reviews here for this moisturizer and picked up a tube from Target. I have been using it for about two weeks and am quite pleased. It is not too oily, it does not leave an unwelcome finish, and I have not broken out.

It comes in a large, generous tube and costs about $7.99, a big difference in the Gross product which is about $44.

Try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by MovieVixen

Ok, first I'm going to say that after trying the Boots No7 Rebalancing Day and Night Fluid for oily skin, I wasn't all that satisfied and ended up taking the products back after only a few days. I was hesitant on getting the Botanics line, but considering it was the Boots line that I originally wanted to try out in the first place, I would go and give it a chance. Plus it is more natural anyway. And OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The smell of it is AMAZING and even my roommate was shocked by it! The texture is very light, non-greasy, and went on very smoothly! Right now im just thinking how soft my face feels after a few minutes of letting this sit. My face doesn't look shiny, and the oil seems to be controlled. Plus it has an SPF 12...which is good enough for me. I will admit, that this is my first time trying this product out and I probably should wait til I made this review, but I couldn't help it! Its almost a love at first sight kinda thing. I will update this within a week and let you know how it goes. Hopefully it won't let me down!
***UPDATE: Still loving it! Keeps the oil under control and keeps the face smooth. This might possibly be my HG moisturizer, but we will see.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I decided to try this on a whim when I was picking up some stuff at CVS. I am glad I did! This stuff is amazing for combo skin. It really helps the dry areas to be hydrated and the oily areas to get moisture but not be greasy or shine more.

Amazing stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by marissakmac

LOVE this product. Best moisturizer I have ever bought. It sits so beautifully under makeup and never makes me break out! I just LOVE this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive, finicky, acne-prone skin and I am always scared to try new products. However, I needed to find a light day lotion with SPF for everyday use because the SPF 36+ lotion I was using was just too heavy for everday use for going to work, etc. I have oily skin, but need to keep it decently moisturized because I use Retin-A so it peels and flakes easily around my mouth and nose. Anyway, long story short, I was shopping around and randomly decided to pick up this Boots product and I am so happy I did!! I am on my second tube, so happy to report it truly is a great product, I'm not just in the honeymoon period. It has Rosemary extracts, so has a pleasant smell, is soothing on the skin and absorbs and lays under my powder foundation nicely. I didn't see a review out here for it, so I wanted to start one and sing this products praises!! After my experience with this lotion, I would not hesitate to branch out and try other Boots products!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No