November 26, 2014 | 1771 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by kjc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with Smashlers! This mascara is one that gets a lot of rave on the net, but absolutely does not live up to its ridiculously positive reputation. I have tried this mascara with powder underneath the bottom lash line and along the lower part of the brow bone to prevent transfer, but I still end up with the dreaded panda eyes, particularly worse along the brow bone. I'm definitely going back to my old faithful waterproof Clinique! Incredibly bad product for the money I paid!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

My to-go mascara. Quite expensive, but it's the best i've used, and the one that i keep going back to every single time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I purchased Diorshow's Iconic mascara over a year ago and it gave awesome length and a lovely dark color, but I talked myself into being more thrifty after the tube ran out. Now, I'm looking for a summer mascara- super waterproof and dark, but not overly dramatic. I figured I could splurge once again so I picked up Blackout Waterproof. The pigment is FANTASTIC. It's the same as Loreal's Volumous Carbon Black BUT this mascara is actually wp (go ahead and look at the reviews for Carbon Black wp- it's bad). No smudges, no flakes and I've had this for a month. At first, I was disappointed with the volume. The consistency is thin and a bit like Maybelline Full n Soft, but I let it dry out a little and bingo. You're going to have to do multiple coats, but it's not going to clump and it's not going to make your lashes too crunchy (looking at you, Covergirl Lashblast). Overall, I love it and it's my current wp HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Jekini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Best mascara I have ever had! Recomend it for everybody! My lashes are soo black, soo full and have the perfect lenght....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jezcarreiro

I use the non waterproof version and it's my go to mascara. It gives my already long lashes some extra length and fullness. I prefer it to the regular DiorShow because of the kohl effect it gives at the lash line. My only complaint is it tends to flake off throughout the day and land on your cheeks/under eyes so you have to watch for that. I'll buy it forever though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome mascara. Gives me long, black, dramatic lashes. Never clumps. Only gripe is it is extremely difficult to remove, but I guess you would expect that with a waterproof mascara! I wish I'd lashed out on paying more for mascara years ago. Nothing compares to Diorshow.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara for a wedding where I was the MOH so I could make sure I had something waterproof. I also have a trip planned in a couple of months so I wanted to have something good!

I asked the SA at Sephora about which waterproof mascara would be best and she showed me a few, but said she thought this one would be the best one out of them all because it was the darkest black and added lots of volume. I decided to go ahead with it.

I wore this once before I had my makeup done for the wedding. I noticed it was smudging a little bit, transferring onto my upper eyelids, but I thought maybe if someone else did it, it wouldn't happen. I didn't wear it long, but it was extremely hard to remove. I used two different eye makeup removers that were both for waterproof makeup and had a very hard time!

I had my makeup done for the wedding by the makeup artist. She put on 3 coats of this mascara and it still didn't look right. She hadn't curled my lashes so I asked her if she could. When she used the eyelash curler my lashes stuck to the curler sooo badly and some of them were ripped out when she opened it.
An hour later I looked in the mirror and it had smudged all over my upper eyelids. I fixed it, and it kept happening throughout the day and night. At the end of the night it looked SO bad. I looked like a huge mess.

I never cried at all or had any water on my face so I can't comment on it being waterproof but I can't understand how any mascara could be waterproof when it transfers so easily. I would never buy this again or recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by letec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love that this mascara made my short lashes look amazing, and now that I've grown my lashes longer (I use careprost and castor oil) I love it even more!! My only issue is that it's so freaking hard to remove at the end of the day! Maybe ill try the non waterproof one. Still love it tho!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Busra30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the non-waterproof one, and it is still pretty hard to get it off. therefore I do suggest the non-waterproof one.
I love this mascara! gives the blackest eyelashes ever!
I bought one and only use it on special events because I don't want to waste it, its too good for everyday-wear! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by neenero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily eyelids and most "waterproof" mascaras are not actually waterproof for me. This one is. After wasting my money on tons of inferior mascaras over the years, I started using this one maybe 3 years ago and haven't looked back. I highly recommend it! It makes my lashes thick and black and long, and it holds a curl really well (not easy to do as my lashes are quite straight). Really happy I found this product.