April 18, 2014 | 1932 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose - Black Carat

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by constanceyc

This mascara lengthens lashes without clumps and even application is quite simple, unlike some others that you have to be extra careful. If you already have long lashes, this would make them even longer! But unfortunately it wouldn't give you instant volume boost :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

Absolutely fabulous! All I buy if Lancome mascara! Very pricey, I believe I paid $45 for it but it is very worth it! If you take your brush and out it as close to your lash line as possible then move it slowly left to right and then follow down to get the rest of your lashes is best to obtain the ultimate look! I've bought it many times very good :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

At this point I'm pretty convinced that all lancome mascaras don't work for me. This was the third one I bought from this brand (other two being hypnose star and hypnose doll lashes) and none of them did much to my lashes. Didn't hold curl, didn't lengthen, and pretty much clumped after the first coat. The virtuose was a little better because the formula was drier, but I know drugstore mascaras that do a much better job.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MeeraBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My ultimative favourite mascara. Love the formula.

Pros:
* Separates, curves and elongates the lashes (as it's supposed to)
* Best curved wand on the market
* Thick formula

Cons:
* Dries out quicker than other mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by SparklingDiamonts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite mascara EVER! Doesn't clump, gives great curl, and doesn't flake off all over my face! The tube lasts ages and in my opinion it gets better as it gets older!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by fiathriel

This is a fanstastic mascara. I was using Lancome Hypnose up until last week when this arrived. I got it on special online so no complaints there.

This give length and volume, really really!!! The curved wand makes it much easier to apply for me and I can get right at the roots of the eyelashes without either poking my eye or getting it all over my eyelid.

This curls really well, no need for a curler here and it really opens up my eyes.

Cons . . . hard to remove so good eye makeup removed needed, also stings a lot if I laugh too much or get teary this lets me know about it.

Would definately buy it again, now my favourite mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by wendy2011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this really is a surprised to see such a low review on this product!
I am asian having very curly and flexible lashes, they are considered full too but shorter and very thin.
I have tried many different mascaras including famous ones like Chanel Inimitable Mascara, everything else from Lancome,YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils Mascara, Dior Show, Armani eyes to kill, hourglass film noir and etc...
and this one works amazingly on me.. the best so far.
I love the shape of the brush which is very easy to apply and emphazies the curl of my lashes even more so from the front, people actually think I have long lashes lol.
and it adds up lenght a lot too. (I would say roughly 1.5 times) so from the side of my lashes, although they are still not super long but they look v cute and almost touch my lid with the curl.
the formula is drier and light weight which i like as wet one seems to be too heavy for my thin lashes and it doesn't clump or bring my natural curl down.
but i just started using it 2 weeks ago so i don't know if it wil dry out very quickly cos of the dry formula.
I am happy with the price too as most of the mascara are even more expensive ex. everything i mention above are all more expensive.
the only thing i don't like so much is the shape of the packaging. it feels kinda weird when you try to open it but anyway steady and pretty so i give packaging 4.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lancome mascaras for me are just hype. I bought this one that within a month was completely dry and it didn't make my lashes look good either. There are more affordable and better mascaras on the market, like Mabelline's or Max Factor's.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by tarita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this mascara!

i was a die hard definicils consumer for years but then i started to try other lancome products and i am glad that i did. this is my new favorite!

the curved brush really helps to lengthen, curl and give my lashes volume-sometimes it really makes my lashed look fake :) and even though the formula is not waterproof, it never ever smudges; it lasted through a few crocidile tears for me during when i was unexpectedly overwhelmed with emotion last week.

the bottom line is i love this product and will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this mascara from Lancome gets very low reviews from the consumers. I love this mascara! The only thing that is a "con" for me with this is that the formula is too dry. Too dry that I am afraid of getting it dried up before I get to finish the whole tube itself.

First off, the wand. I love the wand. The fact that it is curved in a U-shape makes life easier for me to apply the mascara. It helps me to curl up my lashes even on my bottom lash.

The formula not only gives me length but as well as volume, but not as dramatic as the Hypnose Drama though, because of its dry formula.

This is my first tube by the way. If my fear doesn't turn into reality, then, I might consider repurchasing this and restocking, because it is not available at Lancome counters in Hong Kong. I have to find ways of purchasing it online.

By the way, what difference does this make from the original Virtuose mascara?