July 29, 2014 | 1732 users online

Sunscreen - DERMAdoctor - Ain't Misbehavin' skin clarifying & mattifying sunscreen spf 30

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by bossofallgloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was excited to find a sunscreen that contains willow bark, claims to be mattifying and is SPF 30. I'm a HUGE fan of Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier, but it has an SPF of 15; finding a product with a very similar formulation that promised a matte finish AND a higher SPF (30) seemed perfect. I really, really wanted it to work, but alas, like others before me, I simply found it too greasy for my breakout-prone skin. I'm returning the product after trying it for almost two weeks, and I'm going back to using the Murad product under a BB/CC cream with a higher SPF. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'd like to add that it does seem to be a nice product; a good formula with a great SPF and it has a texture similar to many other sunscreens on the market. It goes on white and doesn't leave a cast after application, but it definitely didn't mattify for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by bizbuilder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this Sun Screen together with the Medicated AHA/BHA Acne cleanser. First time using this brand.

I don't think this sun screen is mattifying as it claims. Not at all in my case. I would like to love this product because the cleanser works great on my skin. BUT I just cannot. It is way too greasy for me.

When I use this sunscreen, my face is so oily. Just within the first two hours of the day, I am like dripping. So no matter how well it protects, this is just not for me. So I finally returned the tube back to Sephora and got something else. I just cannot use anything that is NOT "oil free" I guess.

So if you have combination or oily skin, I will not recommend this product. Look for something more natural and oil free for sure! Good luck girls.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this together with the Ant Misbehavin cleanser and serum, and out of the 3, I think this is the only one I might re-purchase. The serum and cleanser burned, stung and reddened my face so much I had to discontinue use. This, on the other hand, did not burn, sting or inflame. I noticed neither worsening nor improvement of acne. It did not "mattify" my face - in fact my face was shinier with this than w/o. However, I have super-oily, shiny skin for which no liquid mattifier has ever worked. I have to blot w/ blotting tissues and use powder sunscreen on my face. However, this worked well on chest, back and neck, and didn't cause breakouts there. So, I would continue to use it on those areas, but will not use it on my face unless my face becomes extremely dry in the winter. Overall, for facial suncreen, I prefer using a powder product like Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder foundation w/ sunscreen or Colorescience translucent powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by mtelus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this spf a couple times. I do think it is clarifying (salicylic acid), but it is NOT mattifying. I used to use powder mineral makeup with it and the combination was perfect. Otherwise the mineral makeup is a bit drying for me. Now I've been using a liquid foundation and my skin "glows a bit." Still, I like the stuff a lot and it's great for anyone with combination skin (dry but acne prone).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly this is one of the few sunscreens that I keep purchasing again and again. An overwhelming majority of sunscreens sold in the drugstores break me out or just leave me a big grease ball. Not this one. This one does leave me dewy but I use it in the cooler months. When I sweat this drips into my eyes and I nearly crashed while driving while wearing this. But I still love it because it doesn't break me out. At first blush it seems expensive but you are getting 4 ounces, which is pretty much equal to some of the drugstore sold sunscreen. I will buy this for life.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ctucker828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited when I bought this moisturizer because it is supposed to be clarifying and mattifying. I have combo to oily skin that is prone to break outs, mostly hormonal. I used this moisturizer one morning under my normal make-up (for oily skin) and was literally using a paper towel to catch the oil dripping off my face. I have NEVER had that much oil production and returned it immediately. I hear that mattifying products can actually make your skin produce more oil so that must be what happened. As for clarifying, not sure, obviously didn't use it long enough. Went to a non-comedegenic, oil-free, spf 17 Mario Badescu moisturizer and am very hapy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by cjofphilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Causes skin to break out, greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lein1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although there are many that do not like this sunscreen, I personally do. It does protect my skin against the sun and it also does make my skin look radiant after I place it on my face. I usually mix this in with my moisturizer and place it on my face after I get out of the shower.

With this sunscreen, please be cautious about the amount that is being used. I usually use a little bit smaller than a pea size, as with this product, a little goes a long way. I've found that if I use too much, my skin becomes extremely greasy. Throughout the day, my face does become oily, but it's not mainly from the sunscreen.

The packaging for this product is good. There is a lot in a bottle and this product does seem to last a long time.

As for cons, there appears to be no cons.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by candy_hunter

I did give this product a positive review a while back, but I'm back to knock it down to three lippies, and choose "no" for repurchasing. As a sunscreen aimed at acne-prone and oily skin types, this sunscreen feels way too heavy on the face. Also, it only contains chemical sunscreen, unlike advanced sunscreen that combines both physical and chemical sunscreen. I have moved onto Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream For Face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Toya28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this got such crappy ratings! I was looking for a mattifying sunscreen after using up my Cosmedecine Medi-Matte (which comes in a tiny tube for $40). Since this was a comparitively huge tube for around the same price and had a higher SPF I decided to give it a go. I am happy with the results, a matte finish, with no white cast to my skin. For me, a little goes a long way.
(I'm dark skinned AA but I believe in using sunscreen esp since I've been using Retin A and other acne meds for years.I am acne free- thanks to microdermabrasion, retin a, the pill and mineral makeup, and maybe because i'm getting old :) )
One negative note- it bills itself as 'clarifying' but then on the back of the packaging it says ' not intended for the treatment of acne'. WTH? So, don't expect this to clear you up. It's a sunscreen that will calm down the greasies for awhile, that's all.