Amphigory Special Effects Wildflower

3.8

on 11/15/2014 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Special Effects packeging is a HUGE pain; it should really be in a squeeze tube. That said, the color is great. I have had a patchiness problem (as one reviewer mentioned) with this dye as well, but I actually ended up liking the effect; it just kind of looked more dimensional in my case. I'm not generally a huge fan of blue shades because they tend not to stay bright as long as red/pink dyes (I'm super lazy about touching up my hair) but, thankfully, I love how this one fades; it starts as a vibrant blue-violet and fades (mostly) evenly into a gorgeous icy lavender.

This brand is hard to find these days, I'll be sad if it disappears completely.

on 5/21/2011 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been dying my hair with this color on-and-off since I was 15. It's an awesome, bright shade of blue-violet, even without bleaching first. It also doesn't bleed/ stain like some of their other colors do.
It will always be my favorite hair color.

But I will say that the packaging for these dyes is a pain, when the dye runs low you have to squeeze the crap out of the hard plastic bottle to get the thick dye out. I usually just add some water and shake so it comes out much easier.

Sorry that the other reviewer had a bad experience, because I've used this colour several times with nothing short of amazing results. It's a stunning, unique, BRIGHT shade of blue-toned purple. It is gorgeous! I dyed over bleached to pale yellow hair, which had been toned with Jazzing Icicle. The result was even and vibrant and lovely! I only got rid of it because I wanted to change back to my usual pink! Lovely shade!

on 7/1/2008 1:11:00 PM

I've used many different SFX dyes and have always had wonderful results. This shade, however, is the exception.

Despite applying the dye very carefully on my evenly bleached blonde hair, this shade just refused to colour consistently. It turned a gorgeous blue-based violet in some spots and odd grey in others. No matter how much I saturated my hair, it would always come out patchy. Because of this, I will definitely not repurchase this shade...which is a shame because it's really hard to find pure violet hair colours :(