Amphigory Special Effects Wildflower

on 11/15/2014 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Special Effects packeging is a HUGE pain; it should really be in a squeeze tube. That said, the color is great. I have had a patchiness problem (as one reviewer mentioned) with this dye as well, but I actually ended up liking the effect; it just kind of looked more dimensional in my case. I'm not generally a huge fan of blue shades because they tend not to stay bright as long as red/pink dyes (I'm super lazy about touching up my hair) but, thankfully, I love how this one fades; it starts as a vibrant blue-violet and fades (mostly) evenly into a gorgeous icy lavender.

This brand is hard to find these days, I'll be sad if it disappears completely.

on 5/21/2011 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been dying my hair with this color on-and-off since I was 15. It's an awesome, bright shade of blue-violet, even without bleaching first. It also doesn't bleed/ stain like some of their other colors do.
It will always be my favorite hair color.

But I will say that the packaging for these dyes is a pain, when the dye runs low you have to squeeze the crap out of the hard plastic bottle to get the thick dye out. I usually just add some water and shake so it comes out much easier.

Sorry that the other reviewer had a bad experience, because I've used this colour several times with nothing short of amazing results. It's a stunning, unique, BRIGHT shade of blue-toned purple. It is gorgeous! I dyed over bleached to pale yellow hair, which had been toned with Jazzing Icicle. The result was even and vibrant and lovely! I only got rid of it because I wanted to change back to my usual pink! Lovely shade!