September 17, 2014 | 1213 users online

Hair Color - Amphigory - Special Effects Wildflower

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by WarmSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been dying my hair with this color on-and-off since I was 15. It's an awesome, bright shade of blue-violet, even without bleaching first. It also doesn't bleed/ stain like some of their other colors do.
It will always be my favorite hair color.

But I will say that the packaging for these dyes is a pain, when the dye runs low you have to squeeze the crap out of the hard plastic bottle to get the thick dye out. I usually just add some water and shake so it comes out much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ViciousCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry that the other reviewer had a bad experience, because I've used this colour several times with nothing short of amazing results. It's a stunning, unique, BRIGHT shade of blue-toned purple. It is gorgeous! I dyed over bleached to pale yellow hair, which had been toned with Jazzing Icicle. The result was even and vibrant and lovely! I only got rid of it because I wanted to change back to my usual pink! Lovely shade!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Ghoulina

I've used many different SFX dyes and have always had wonderful results. This shade, however, is the exception.

Despite applying the dye very carefully on my evenly bleached blonde hair, this shade just refused to colour consistently. It turned a gorgeous blue-based violet in some spots and odd grey in others. No matter how much I saturated my hair, it would always come out patchy. Because of this, I will definitely not repurchase this shade...which is a shame because it's really hard to find pure violet hair colours :(