July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Tahitian Holiday

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by kristamb

I really love this stuff!! It completely reminds me of suntan lotion on the beach. And some people may say that's gross, but I love scents that take me to the beach!! I am really surprised that Avon discontinued this....it's really a scent you have to try to see if you would like it. The nice thing with Avon is you can usually sample from a rep or get the cheap "liquitouch" samples at Ebay....which is how I tried this one. This scent is very similar to Avon's Mark brand perfume called Instant Vacation. However, I have both and I like Tahitian Holiday a little better. Very much a skin scent and a suntan lotion scent, if you think you would like that!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:37:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have taken my time before trying this as I usually hate the "coconut" scent big time. Well I finally went for it and I was most pleasantly surprised. Yes, there was a big hit of coconut when you first spray it but then it quickly dries down to lovely tiare flowers. I have smelt tiare flowers in Fiji and it really is true to their divine scent. I also have Yankee Candle in Tiare Flowers - wish they never discontinued it! : ( It seems to stay with the tiare flowers as well. It really last as well too. I reckon 5 hours for me. I do keep my skin well moisturised which does make a real difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sort of like this scent and sort of don't. Love/Hate relationship if you will. I smell coconut, some gardenia, slight pineapple and sunscreen. Like some have described it as "beachy". It's a little sweet but not overly. When I first spray it, I can smell coconut and some pineapple, a few second later I start to smell gardenia. But when it dries I smell a slight artificial coconut scent and sunscreen.

If you like these type scents, I'd say try it! If you don't care for coconut or sweet tropical scents you might want to try a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You can still buy this in the UK thank goodness. It is a nice beachy coconut/monoi oil scent with a pretty musk drydown. Very much in the EL Bronze Goddess family at 1/4 of the price. I have bought a few bottles to stockpile. If I can I will buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just love this summery scent and enjoy using it during one of long cold winters when I need some sunshine. I would love to buy more but I believe it's discontinued?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ParisFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My sister gave me the fragrance, body spray and hair protection spray for christmas and I was instantly hooked. It smells similar, but not quite, like the Body Shop Monoi oil, only not nearly as expensive. It's nice and light and Summery. I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My review is really more for the body mist than the edp. I just love this fragrance BUT mostly in the body mist form. The body mist has a touch of oiliness in it that really makes the scent last far longer than the edp. There's also a touch of a rubber balloon element to the edp that is not there in the body mist. This is a light coconutty, tropical scent. I was afraid it had too much coconut for my taste but turns out this has just the right amount to give me that tropical beach feel. I think I'm really a fan of monoi oil which I believe this has in it. I smelled this and also EL Bronze Goddess and they are similar enough to me that I'll take Tahitian Holiday over Bronze Goddess on price alone. Pity it's be d/c but i found mine cheap, cheap on ebay.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cleogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Avon describes this fragrance as tropical and other reviewers called it "beachy", well, it's neither for me. All I smell is white musk and it's strong, very cloying, to me. Another reviewer described it as a strong rubber balloon smell and I agree. I don't smell any coconut or anything tropcial. The description does say something about "exotic musk" so I'm assuming that's the white musk. I can't wear any type of white musk fragrance and I wish I would have read that ingredient online when I ordered it. The price was decent, but I can't wear this, so it's going back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

With my chemistry this starts and ends and a warm summery coconut smell...perfect for summer and was exactly what I was looking for. I sprayed it on this morning and 8 hours later I can still catch a whiff of it. Will be great for a mid-March pick me up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jessesuzanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

just got it, it smells good but doesn't last but my mom says she can smell it on me the molment i walk in the door so maybe it is just one of those that you get used too fast. i love the fragrance oil too it is better than lotion