July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Hair Color - Palty in Chiffon Beige

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Reddkatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is going to be my hair color product from now on. It really colors dark colored hair. However, I have been dying my hair black to cover the grays, and since then it's really difficult to color it to anything else unless I get rid of the black dye. When I first used Palty, I wanted to see what it would do to my hair. I haven't colored my roots, but it did color it to what exactly it said on the box. The parts of my hair that has the black dye is not very noticeable unless it under the sun or in light, but I can tell it's not black black, but a dark brown.

For anyone that already has dyed black hair, I recommend stripping the black dye off first. Use something like the One 'n Only Color Fix, or something similar. Then you can use Palty to color your hair, which does work. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Ghoulina

Palty is a Japanese hair-dye brand formulated specifically for people with naturally dark hair. The price in the US is usually around $10 which is somewhat higher than most American brands, but still not too bad in my opinion ^_^

Chiffon Beige is a dark blonde/light brown/honey shade. I dyed it over bleached blonde hair with natural black-brown roots. The colour came out pretty even despite my roots being many shades darker than the rest of my hair. There is a slight strawberry blonde/orangey tinge to this colour in some lights, but I still really like it ^_^

The instructions are all printed in Japanese, but they are illustrated so it's easy to see how to mix the dye and apply it. Most instructions have an illustrated clock as well so you can see how long to leave the dye in. The time recommended for this shade was 20 minutes, but I left it in for 30 because my roots were darker than the rest of my hair.

Bonuses: The illustrations on the dye boxes are super kawaii ^_^ the dye has a nice fruity scent and each box comes with a little plastic cape to keep the dye off of your clothes, plastic gloves for application and a packet of super-thick, creamy conditioner that makes your hair feel soooo soft! ^_^

Click continued to see a photo of my hair after being dyed with Palty Chiffon Beige!
continued >>