L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioner

3.0

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So before I start- the reason I gave this product 5 lippies for price is because I purchased this at big lots for $1.00! First off, I love lipglosses, lipsticks.. pretty much any lip color. Personally I feel that wearing a color on your lips makes you look more awake and alive haha. When I dont feel like using a lipstick I always try to make sure that I use my Lip Vibrance by Blistex. It's a tinted lip balm. But I saw this in the Soft Honey shade and I had to try it. It was so soft on my lips! I used it over my revlon lipstick which is creamy on its own. My lipstick didn't feel sheer with this over it, it honestly felt thick, creamy and moisturizing. I'm not sure how much this product is at the drugstore, but if it's not too expensive, I would try it out and see if it works for you. I suffer from really dry lips most of the time and with care and the right products, they have really come back to life lol! I would recommend trying this if you have the same problem!

on 1/21/2014 11:45:00 AM

I did repurchase this a couple times, but haven't seen it in the stores recently. The nude color was very nice and natural looking on me, plus added glossiness. I don't really like the colors with glitter/mica pieces in them, as they tend to irritate my lips.

on 8/19/2013 3:29:00 PM

I hear all these reviews saying that the dial mechanism always squirts out too much product, but I just found out that if you accidently squirt out too much, if you twist the dial counter-clockwise, most of the excess product goes in. Hope I helped!

on 4/16/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

so hard to open, but once you use it, you'll love it!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

By the way, I think L'oreal has renamed this product line to True Naturale. This product line is sheer in color, and fits a wide range of skin tones. Feels good on the lips and not at all sticky or tacky feeling. Judging by the looks of it on, it's a lip conditioner first and foremost. If you are looking for color, I'd use something else. This is for those occasions where you really just want some moisture on your lips with just a hint of color. Fine with me because I don't like the berry stain look that so many other sheer tint lip gloss/balms provide. I found this product cheap and bought Soft Shell, Soft Honey, Soft Blush, Soft Petal, and Soft Peach. All in all, I like the product but I agree with previous posters that the packaging is odd, and unecessarily so. Deducting one lippie for the strangeness of the packaging and awkward operation just to get ooze from the tube.

on 6/30/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is kind of a combination of a lip conditioner and a gloss. The color is very sheer, but makes your lips shine and feel moisturized. It's a perfect nude lip gloss for those people-like myself, that looked washed out with nude lipsticks and glosses. Since it's so small, if fits great in my purse! But it does have a weird smell-that's why I gave it only 2 lippies

on 6/12/2011 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this funny little lip gloss. I have it in Soft Blush and I find myself reaching for it more often than not to put on bare lips and also to go over Nude lipsticks. It does not change the colour or texture of my lipsticks either, just adds a nice sheen to them. It's neither brown, pink nor peach, a real nothing colour actually. Funny little tube - I twist it 2 or 3 times and that gives me enough to cover my lips. Smooth in texture and no obvious sparkles. Not much staying power, but not many glosses do really. 4/5 because of the small size & funky packaging - I'd give it 5/5 if it was larger & was in better packaging. That said I will repurchase because it's cheap, the colour is perfect & it does the job better than many glosses do! :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, I cannot find these in any store except Big Lots, which doesn't bother me so much anyway since I only paid $1.00 for it!

I actually really like this gloss. It is slippery to the extent that it does feel conditioning and moisturizing, but not so slippery that it slides off onto everything. My lips are very dry and cracked and have many lines and this is the ONLY gloss that slides right over those lines and covers them up!

It's very sheer and natural (mine is Soft Shell), and I would have liked a bit more color, but nothing a little lipstick can't fix. Slightly shimmery, but the shimmer is very fine, not an in-your-face glitter.

I did not notice any smell or taste (you're not supposed to eat/lick your gloss anyway!).

The packaging itself is small, easy to carry, and absolutely ADORABLE. The plastic tip is horrible, would have preferred a softer applicator. The twist top is a pain to start off with and if you twist too much it will just keep coming out. haha But you learn quick not to twist too much after the first time this happens.

Overall, I would definitely purchase again! I will be keeping my eye out in Big Lots for the peach shade....

on 3/25/2011 4:12:00 PM

Meh... not great. I was excited to try this because I really like L'Oreal's Bare Naturale line of products. However, this lipgloss is really not good at all. I don't understand the "conditioning" part of it because it slides of the lips so easily leaving no time for it really to do any conditioning. It's a very slippery gloss, and overall the taste and texture is just odd. I also dislike the packaging. The weird twist up thing doesn't work for this product, and sometimes I get globs of gloss coming out if I'm not careful. I would rather have a doe foot then this.

The only thing I like about this lipgloss is the colors. They are pretty, sheer colors and if the formula and application was improved they wouldn't be so bad. Overall though, don't waste your money.

on 3/25/2011 4:03:00 PM

I have this in Soft Petal and Soft Bloom. The texture of these glosses is wonderful- light and not too sticky. The colors are light, and pretty, perfect for spring and summer. The applicator tip is nice and soft as well. The only problem is, is 1) the inside of the cap gets all gooky with product and is a bit messy, and 2) as with all of my HG products from L'Oreal, it got discoed. :-( Hopefully they will start showing up at Big Lots or the Dollar Tree- all the stores that used to carry it have either empty displays, or have removed them altogether.

Popular Lip Glosses