November 27, 2014 | 1507 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Loose Shimmer Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by ao5775

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Hyawatha to highlight my cheekbones and my browbone. Very subtle shimmer. Application is smooth and the powder is very fine. Still experimenting with this product. A small amount does the trick. Overall a pretty good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the loose shimmer powders. They come in the same colors as the pressed shimmer, and will last you twice as long (and they are about $15 cheaper!). There are shades for every skin tone, and they are honestly much smoother than most pigments on the market. I love Nymph, Princess, Odette and most other shades in the line!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this in Hiawatha just on a whim because I'm on a shimmer kick right now and I immediately loved it. The shimmer is very fine and doesn't have the high sheen of some powders. I use it all over--as a finishing highlighter on my face, added with my moisturizer or foundation for a little shimmer, and to give a sexy shimmer to my neck, shoulders and chest when going out at night. The Becca shimmer powder also sticks to the skin really well so by the end of the day/night, it hasn't all rubbed off. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MistyK99

I love this powder. I put it on over the Becca eyeshadow colors I got today for a shimmer on my browbone and it looked very pretty but not too sparkly or overdone. It is a perfect shimmer that could work for day, and night also if applied more heavily. I got the ATHENA color, and was concerned it might look funny on my fair skin, however it looked great. Love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ah63

I got this in Hyawatha. It is a very natural med beige color in the container but it leaves no color going on, just some shimmer. That's exactly what I wanted. I always finish off my makeup with MAC blot powder or I wear powder foundation sometimes; but my skin always looks so flat so I got this to liven it up. I use a large powder brush and put it on my forhead, cheeks, chin, a little on my nose--basically my whole face. It's not too glittery or anything, very subtle and it does the job. Also feels like silk. I got the mini version that was $18 at Sephora but next time I'll get the large one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by shortgirl

as always, my love affair with becca's loose shimmer powders still goes strong. i have 7 of the 8 loose shimmer powders and love them. as i mentioned in one of my other reviews, becca refers to the shimmer powders as a more "grown up shimmer", not glittery or overly shimmery. they can be dramatic or subtle and last through many of my long & sweaty workouts without fading. my becca shimmer powders love me as much as i love them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2004 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in 'Odette', which is a very pretty, beigey neutral shimmer. The shimmer effect is very subtle and not over the top at all. It doesn't turn into that fake plastic look that some shimmer powders can give when the glitter particles are a bit too large (Bobbi Brown's bronze shimmer compact comes to mind). If you plan to apply this over your entire face, I would recommend using a large brush to do so. I used MAC's #150 and it was just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2004 4:34:00 PM More reviews by clembert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot even believe how much product you get in this pot! It would last me forever and a day to use it all, but I love that--it means I am getting a superior value for the price. I find that I like most of the colors offered, even if there is not a huge selection of colors. They are all highly blendable and wearable in many different ways. I have used mine as my primary face highlighter, eyeshadow, blush, etc., and all with great success.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 11:06:00 PM More reviews by cookiegal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I received generous samples of every color of these powders from Ebay, and was very impressed! It gives you a subtle, healthy glow, used on the cheekbones, browbones, and tip of the nose, all of the colors are gorgeous, but I took one lippie off because I would have liked a little more shimmer in the powders.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ashsmash

This product is very average for the price. It's okay but really nothing special. It is very fine milled and does feel silky on the skin but really it looks quite average. A lovely gal on MUA send me a sample of both gypsy and princess and I'm sure glad I didn't order them off the website. I have seen the same thing for much much cheaper and I'm usually willing to spend a lot on cosmetics. Really they're both just fine pink powder with some gold in it. It doesn't really shimmer much either. Nothing like MAC pigments if that's the kind of thing you're looking for. A cheap drugstore brand called annabelle makes something VERY similar - I'd check that out first before spending the money and it's rare that I'd suggest a drugstore brand!