September 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Makeup Brushes - Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by cgmarzo

The Faceshop is a an Korean brand of cosmetics. I havent tried any of the makeup line (except for the lip pencils i bought in SG before and their yummy smelling shampoo and conditioner) , but their makeup brushes are a steal!

Creme/liquid foundation application is a breeze because the hairs on the foundation brush are compact and dense, but soft at the same time. (synthetic and natural hair combination)

My models commented that foundation application was like getting a facial - its relaxing! so I take that as a compliment!

My set (i own 4 since i dont like reusing brushes) has been washed and shampooed several times already but has not shown signs of falling hair.

Pro's: dense bristles but soft, durable, and price is more pocket friendly (compared to the high end brushes like Sephora/ MAC and Shu).

Con's: Brushes doesnt come in sets, you have to purchase brushes individually. and sometimes, they go out of stock =(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by wildcat36

This is a review on the Sigma SS109 Contour brush which I use for applying my foundation. It's a MAC 109 comparable brush although I don't own a MAC 109 brush to compare it to. I have to say I Love this brush. It's very soft and dense and very affordable. I would recommended it anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by AMD18134

Hm, I'm not sure if I'm reviewing in the wrong spot for this since other reviewers are mentioning a Px brush, but I'll do this anyway since it says unlisted brands and I couldn't find this particular brand on here.. I got a double ended foundation/concealer brush at Wal-mart last night made by Essential Tools, and it is awesome. It doesn't make my foundation streaky, and it prevents from making me use too much foundation, unlike a cosmetic sponge. The concealer end blends my concealer in very well, and leaves a very smooth, even application. The brush isn't too stiff or scratchy, which is also a plus. of course, every time you use it you have to clean it off as you would with a paintbrush, but no biggie, its better than going though sponges and foundation faster than you should and spending more money. It was only around $5 too, usually a brush of this quality like at a Sephora would leave you broke lol. I highly recommend this brush. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2003 7:12:00 PM More reviews by orchid7177

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Px before this foundation brush and can honestly state that I would purchase this one over the Px. I think it does a great job and is very easy to use. Plus price is great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I could buy this again I would! It is smaller than my Aura Science brush, but that means there's more control. I don't use my fingers anymore, except to pat things down. This is one wonderful li'l brush. Classic fat filbert shaped taklon, all even hairs. Very nifty, and small for travel, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Enia

I was looking for it on the website and it says their supplier went out of business. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2003 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Jennycat

***This was a review of a Who's The Fairest Taklon foundation brush. The company is now out of business but their products were top-rate. I have unfortunately never found a better set of brushes since***

I had another foundation brush that I thought was excellent, until I tried this. I can't believe how much control I have using this tool. My EL Double Matte foundation went on and spread like butter. The taklon bristles waste no product and it cleans up extremely well. Great value for the cost of this brush ($15).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2003 3:08:00 PM More reviews by charlita

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is a nice quality brush for a good price. I don't use a foundation brush every day but when I do this works well. I also think wtf? has good customer service so I would order again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2003 9:38:00 PM More reviews by joodee

where do you buy this?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2002 12:43:00 AM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great quality & price! I use this to apply liquid & creme to powder foundations. This does such a wonderful job in application. I prefer this way - way over the sponge. It washes out really easy, and continues to stay in great shape. So glad I discovered
this foundation brush!