April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Seaweed mattifying moisture lotion SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This doesn't mattify at all, but it is a decent daytime moisturizer. I certainly like it better than the Vitamin E Moisture Lotion SPF 15, since it's not as greasy. It sits will under makeup and has a light, pleasant scent. Since it doesn't actually mattify and I don't think SPF 15 is good enough sun protection, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by TrueHysteria

I bought this one during boxing day and it was nearly my birthday + 10% membership card so I got it almost as a free item, I was excited to try it. However, it smells like a sunscreen, also when you apply it on your face it's super super GREASY, which is a big CONS for this product, and my face feel so so heavy . I had oily skin on the T-zone, I've admitted that it has control oil pretty good compared to the other products I've been using. I'm not sure if this cause me break out or not because my skin regularly break out already so I will not blame it on the product. But however, If it is not greasy and made me feel like having make up on my face I would try it again, 2/5 but nọt 1/5 because it claim what it said, control oil .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have oily combination skin,oily t-zone and normal on the rest with dry flaky post acne spots. I like that it has SPF 15 better than nothing at all. I noticed its better to use this during the colder months because I think even tho' it's marketed for oily skins the consistency is pretty rich and do absolutly nothing to mattify oily face. I finished the whole tube but I didn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by elatheindelible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was eager to try this because I wanted an oil-control cream that moisturizes and gives an SPF bonus. It was pretty expensive (as all TBS products), so I wanted to love it. Unfortunately, I found it merely passable. Yes, it does control oil somewhat, and yes, it feels great on the skin. But I found that it was so easy to put on too much of the products and make my face even oilier.
It felt greasy upon application and I needed to let it sit for 5-15 minutes before applying make-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by franklin101

This moisturizer is absolutely terrible! It did absolutely nothing for my skins and left a gross residue afterwards, despite the fact I brought it brand new. The first time I used it, I got a tiny speck of moisturizer on my eyelash, it wasn't in my eye and it was all fine, I wiped it off. 6 hours later I have a massive black eye and it stings like a ***** underneath my eye. I have washed my eye with water and everything, what appalled me the most was the fact that there was no information on the packaging what to do if it gets in your eyes. Boo you Bodyshop! I now have a massive black eye mid week, that is never a good look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Danielle831

I have combination/oily skin and this lotion works really well for me. A lot of other reviews said it broke them out, but I think this lotion is actually helping to even and perfect my skin. It smells clean, and it is really light. It moisturizes dry spots, but its not too greasy. Before I started using this moisturizer, my face would be ridiculously shiny by around lunch time. Now, I use this as my moisturizer and then I put on the tea tree pore minimizer from the body shop and my skin is good all day.

The only thing is that this moisturizer doesnt completely mattify your face. It leaves it looking moisturized, but not oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a little scared to try this product based on the reviews here but I am REALLY glad I did! It is the only moisturizer that doesn't make my oily skin worse - it actually makes it a bit better. I recommend this product to anyone with oily skin that is NOT acne prone - if you have an acne problem (beyond the average once every couple weeks), you should stay away from this product as it seems to make it worse. It hasn't made me breakout but it does make existing acne worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Rocky22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! After using a few days I've noticed it helps control my oily skin and I'm not having to blot 3-4 times a day. My face feels hydrated and it looks wonderful. The price is not bad compared to all the other stuff that is out there, I will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It didn't help me with my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by JSoouts

I have used this product for years now, ever since the packaging said 'new' on it. I believe it is amazing for my skin. It provides a light layer of moisture, which doesn't fee heavy or sticky, however it really works. I generally have dry skin, which isn't too prone to spots, this moisturiser feels lovely, and doesn't leave my face with a shine. I would recommend it to any one. Body shop seem to have currently run out of stock, which is I dilemma for me, as I have also run out. I have looked in many stores and can not find anything nearly as good. I even find the rest of the seaweed products have little effect compared to the SPF version.