July 31, 2014 | 1389 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - HiP Metallic Duo - Platinum

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by sarah211

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this is very pigmented, it does not have any staying power! I put primer on prior to applying this, and while it looks great on, it wears off after about an hour. Definitely not worth it for me, I would not recommend this at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the only duo I have left, and I wish, oh how I wish, that I had others! This particular duo is amazing only for the silver shade. Without applying wet, or over a primer, it's an in-your-face heavily metallic and shimmery shadow that glides over skin like butter. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I love adding it to smoky eyes for a kick. The black, however, has chunks of glitter in it, doesn't glide very easily, and is somewhat chalky, which is disappointing. It will still perform well if you have patience with it, but it's garbage next to the silver. These will crease without a primer, so be safe and use one! I ended up taking 1 lippie off for the issues with the black.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTeeHee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it was my highschool Christmas dance. My dress was silver & black. I saw this eyeshadow duo & I just had to buy it! It matched my dress perfectly. At first, I didn't think I would like it since silver doesn't look too good with my blue eyes. The silver is a metallic bright silver. You could wear this silver on its on and it would make your eyes pop. My sister wears the silver everyday on a daily basis. It makes her eyes look really big and she has tiny eyes. The black is your regular matte black eyeshadow. It matches perfectly with the silver eyeshadow. It made a quick 2 minute smokey eye that wasn't too dramatic for my dance. My (now ex) boyfriend said my eyes looked amazing in it.

I'm hoping to buy more & more of these colors. I'm hoping to buy Dynamic! The only down side is that the black matte eyeshadow is a bit chalky, but these have INCREDIBLE staying power. With or without primer you can hardly notice a difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Jglazee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

These are definetly some pigmented eyeshadows!! I got these to recreated the Aliya Mustafina look from the 2012 Olympics. I always get compliments whenever I wear these shadows. These shadow are almost high end quality!! I so recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the HiP line in general, but this duo is perfection. I work in theatre and used the silver on my actors this year. Everyone commented on how amazing they looked. The color payout for this shadow makes it worth every penny. I used up the whole silver side for the show, so I've been using the black to line my upper lid, with an angled eyebrow brush when I want a dramatic look. It works pretty well, and lasts all day. If you apply it correctly, it doesn't end up on your cheeks, so don't let those complaining reviews deter you. The packaging is wonderful, and while this whole line is a bit pricey for DS eyeshadow, you are paying for a higher quality pigment so a little will go a long way. Worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the colors very much. they look so pretty in the packeging! yet, the black shadow is very dry and it cakes and fades throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

I LOVE this eyeshadow soooo much!!! Very pigmented. Gorgeous silver. I never use the black really. I love this color so much that I have two back ups in case its ever discontinued. Id ball my eyes out if it was. I've been trying to find a backup silver color to this and I just can't. This color is irreplacable. Its a bit pricey but I don't even care. This is my go to eyeshadow and has been for the past months. No cons on this shadow. Its drop dead gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this eye shadow duo a while back after seeing a friend wearing it. It looked amazing on her! The silver side looks just like chrome metal or platinum! The silver is extremely pigmented and almost applies a little creamy in my opinion. I think this would flatter most people but be warned that it is very intense and not for the faint of heart. I gave this product a 4 instead of a 5 because the silver tends to turn a little blue on me and clash with my skintone so I can't apply very much. In order to use it I blend it with other silvers that don't turn blue on me. Looking at most of the reveiws I don't think it would turn blue on most people...I have a wierd skintone and am in the minority I think. If it does turn blue mix it with another silver you have and it will give what you already own a real jolt of electricity and brightness. This stuff really does give that foil affect when applied! I am not even going to review or go into the black side of this duo because it is crap! I never use it....I use MAC carbon or stila ebony instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by thisgirldoesitall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this based on reviews by YouTube Beauty Gurus and I was extremely upset that I'd listened to them. I found these shadows hard to work with and hard to keep in place. Yes, I had a primer on my lid. Yes, I know how to work shadows. I was really disappointed because the color payout with these shadows is quite amazing. I will NOT repurchase these.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by shadowlye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best when used wet. When you use it dry it tends to end up on your cheeks more then eyelids. But gives a dramatic silver look when used wet and the black well it's black. Buy this product more for the silver or else move on.