Sephora Mattifying Compact Powder

3.6

Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this three times. Does what it promises to do. Very well priced. Only downside is the packaging - no applicator and no mirror. I had to buy a Sephora roll-out brush to carry with me on the go.

on 1/3/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I always set my face with a loose powder, but I can't really bring a loose powder with me when I'm going out drinking and dancing...

I have previously used MAC blot powder, a blot powder from Make Up Store, and Urban Decay's mattifying powder. Every single one of them broke, leaving me nothing but crumbles. I liked the MAC one, it actually mattified, but the others didn't work very well.

I'm not particularly oily, but I can look a bit too dewy after 3-4 hours or so. I thought this powder would be okay, I can't really afford to buy those expensive powders that will break anyway, and Sephora had a powder light enough for me.

This couldn't mattify to save its life, it only sits on top of my skin like a thick colorless caky layer. And what's up with the intense fragrance? I feel nauseous when I put it on my face. Also, it doesn't have a puff or sponge, I can live with that, but no mirror? Seriously?

Nope! I can get even cheaper powders that work much better.

on 10/17/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

All right, Sephora. You'd better not discontinue this compact on a whim like you do with so many of your products. It's hard enough finding a cheap, fine matte, non-caking, non oxidising setting powder for an oily skinned, dark complexioned girl like me (NC 40-42).
I'd been using The Body Shop's compact before they decided to end our relationship. Yours, Sephora, is a worthy replacement. It sets cream concealer, smooths out my forehead and cheeks, it keeps me looking matte even though my face blotting sheets say otherwise. You've made a great colour match without it being too warm or going orange on me (I use no 42). And yours is mirrorless, light weight and cheap enough for me to not cry over if I drop you and you crack.
I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. I promise to be true. Will you?

on 8/18/2014 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Good mattifying powder, not cakey and pretty cheap too. I wish Sephora could redesign this please. It's not easy to open. Pls add on a click button, a mirror and puff. Not practical if i wanna apply on the go.

Update: I was running around today doing errands under the hot sun. SO i was very surprised to see my face still looking matte despite sweating like a mad pig. Wow, i highly recommend this pressed powder! I just wished it comes with puff and mirror.

on 2/7/2014 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is hands down one of the best powders I have tried. After trying a few powders, I went to Sephora and this was one of the first things I found. I am in the second to lightest shade which is great for skin on the pale side. This powder is great for setting moisturizers, foundations, and concealers. It's also great if I'm not going anywhere to wear this on its own. My face stays oily/shine free throughout the day. It's portable to have in a small makeup bag or in a purse. This powder comes in many different shades, too, which is not the case for all brands. The only reason I am giving this a 4 out of 5 is because it was pretty expensive at the Sephora I went to. There are amazing powders out there for cheaper, but this powder is worth it. You won't regret buying it!

on 12/5/2013 5:00:00 PM

I cannot recommend this product enough if you are looking for light coverage but a matte finish. I use it everyday and love it so much. I pat it on my face concentrating on the T-zone with a puff and blend it out with a soft powder brush when I want a little more coverage and want to stay matte for longer or I just use a brush for lighter application. It works great both ways.

on 11/24/2013 11:29:00 AM

This product made my face break out in a rash. I realize this isn't the case for so many others, but even though it's hypoallergenic, blah, blah, blah, it didn't work for me. Just a warning to those with sensitive skin. It does work pretty well though.

on 3/30/2013 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the 8hr Mattifying Compact Foundation. It's in a black oval compact that comes with a sponge and a mirror inside.

I love this stuff. It's lightweight, doesn't get cakey, and has decent coverage (no redness poking through). I can use a flat top brush to apply this. It doesn't cause the powder to fly everywhere and there's a seamless application. You can't tell where your skin and the powder stop/start. It's decently priced ($22) for a powder at Sephora. I had wanted their Microsmooth Foundation Face Powder but they didn't have my shade (even the drawer below the display didn't have it). So I got this instead. I'm not disappointed as this looks like your skin yet matte. It's hard to explain. The color selection is nice and worked well for my NC15 (pale yellow) skin.

Over all if you can afford this then I'd recommend it.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've tried a lot of different powders before, but this one is my all-time favorite. It's mattifying, it's smooth and it actually stays!

Pros:
-it sets your foundation perfectly
-long-lasting
-non-cakey, lightweight

Cons:
-the powder case is slightly difficult to open at times, but that's okay as long as the product is amazing :)

For me this powder IS long-lasting. It stays put for 4-5 hours, then your t-zone might get a tad bit shiny.

All in all, I absolutely love it.

Definitely will re-purchase.

on 10/11/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder foundation! Definitely my HG. I like it better than MAC Studio Fix, maybe because it seems to go on smoother and less cakey.
*Update* Have not repurchased after buying twice. Twice now, the powder has cracked for no reason, rendering it useless.