April 20, 2014 | 1015 users online

Pressed Powders - Sephora - Mattifying Compact Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kk2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is hands down one of the best powders I have tried. After trying a few powders, I went to Sephora and this was one of the first things I found. I am in the second to lightest shade which is great for skin on the pale side. This powder is great for setting moisturizers, foundations, and concealers. It's also great if I'm not going anywhere to wear this on its own. My face stays oily/shine free throughout the day. It's portable to have in a small makeup bag or in a purse. This powder comes in many different shades, too, which is not the case for all brands. The only reason I am giving this a 4 out of 5 is because it was pretty expensive at the Sephora I went to. There are amazing powders out there for cheaper, but this powder is worth it. You won't regret buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by adaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot recommend this product enough if you are looking for light coverage but a matte finish. I use it everyday and love it so much. I pat it on my face concentrating on the T-zone with a puff and blend it out with a soft powder brush when I want a little more coverage and want to stay matte for longer or I just use a brush for lighter application. It works great both ways.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by NShoreD

This product made my face break out in a rash. I realize this isn't the case for so many others, but even though it's hypoallergenic, blah, blah, blah, it didn't work for me. Just a warning to those with sensitive skin. It does work pretty well though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have the 8hr Mattifying Compact Foundation. It's in a black oval compact that comes with a sponge and a mirror inside.

I love this stuff. It's lightweight, doesn't get cakey, and has decent coverage (no redness poking through). I can use a flat top brush to apply this. It doesn't cause the powder to fly everywhere and there's a seamless application. You can't tell where your skin and the powder stop/start. It's decently priced ($22) for a powder at Sephora. I had wanted their Microsmooth Foundation Face Powder but they didn't have my shade (even the drawer below the display didn't have it). So I got this instead. I'm not disappointed as this looks like your skin yet matte. It's hard to explain. The color selection is nice and worked well for my NC15 (pale yellow) skin.

Over all if you can afford this then I'd recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ariamclaughlin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of different powders before, but this one is my all-time favorite. It's mattifying, it's smooth and it actually stays!

Pros:
-it sets your foundation perfectly
-long-lasting
-non-cakey, lightweight

Cons:
-the powder case is slightly difficult to open at times, but that's okay as long as the product is amazing :)

For me this powder IS long-lasting. It stays put for 4-5 hours, then your t-zone might get a tad bit shiny.

All in all, I absolutely love it.

Definitely will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this powder foundation! Definitely my HG. I like it better than MAC Studio Fix, maybe because it seems to go on smoother and less cakey.
*Update* Have not repurchased after buying twice. Twice now, the powder has cracked for no reason, rendering it useless.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by krisalys87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Great as a contouring powder. Stays matte, and a little goes a long way. You also get a good amount of product for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Baaamx32

This powder truly lives up to it's mattifying name, but honestly the shades are limited. I ended up ordering a dark shade than I actually am, so I can only use it in the summer. It's packaging is decent, but the formula is good for setting not covering.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though I moisture my skin and then apply a good primer, this powder Makes my skin peeling. I have oily skin.
Another con I find is that it doesn't have a good coverage.
I bought the Mac studio fix one to compare and it is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed a powder to set my makeup for when I wear the whole shabang, going out, date night, etc. I like Physicians Formula on regular days, for a natural look, since I'm acne prone. And I always have a MAC studio fix compact on hand, so I needed some in between as far a coverage. The Sephora lady used this on me when my BFF and I had our makeup done there for her bday recently and the color is spot on!! It is orangy but that;s perfect for my particular tone - I find that most powders totally change my natural color with too much red or beige. The pigment is great for me with no ashy look whatsoever. I like the velvety texture and it's so easy to pick up on the brush and apply, so a little goes a long way. And it's oil free!! The price is great, and it doesn't feel heavy or itchy like some more expensive powders do. And it really does matify, and may dry out dryer skin types, but for me it's great!

I only give it a 4, more like 4.5 because it doesn't have super staying power. Otheriwse, it's a staple in my routine right now!