October 31, 2014 | 1545 users online

Makeup Brushes - Estee Lauder - Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

This brush is amazing for applying high coverage liquid foundation. I bought it in a set with the Double Wear foundation, and I've tried it with every foundation I own, working flawlessly every time. I've used it every day for 2 years and it's still in perfect condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by shygirl7

This brush is amazing! I first apply primer on my face with it, then I put on my foundation. The primer on the brush applies my foundation flawlessly! I think all foundation brushes can be streaky, and this brush is no exception, BUT this brush works out the streaks as well. The finish is even and not at all cakey.
The bristles are smooth and soft, not at all scratchy or rough. The handle is a bit short, but I like the length that it is. The brush is also really durable! I've had my for 5 years and its still perfect. I will repurchase without hesistation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

I know most professional artist have a set of brushes from a certain line, and thats what they stick to. I have never found a set that I enjoy each and every brush, so I make my own set- with all my favorites. It may not look 'professional' however, each and every brush in my collection is used on a regular basis and I am confident in all of them to do their job, and do it well. estee lauder makes a really nice foundation brush that i love... it was pretty expensive, but i have had mine for years now and have had no real problems. A lot of brushes are made of wood or cheap plastic/ other materials, and they end up not looking so nice after a lot of wear and tear. i loved that the handle on this brush was made or acrylic, and has stayed in the same shape the day i bought it... The bristles on this brush are amazing. While they are very firm, and are very dense for foundation coverage, they are very soft at the same time, and do not feel rough, like some of the others. I can soak this in cleaner- which i do every week to give it a better clean beyond the day to day, and i dont have to worry about rust, anything chipping or coming loose because it is so well made. Usually you get what you pay for, and this is a prime example <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ShanSprite

Firstly, I got this free with purchasing the Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation. The regular price is INSANE for a brush. I originally only wanted the brush and it retailed for over $30 but then the sales lady informed me that if I was to buy the Doublewear foundation then the brush is free and the foundation was only $26 for me. This is an awesome brush, it makes my makeup flawless and my pores aren't huge like usual. It has very soft bristles and is perfect. One thing I don't like is that it's very short and I would have prefered the handle to be longer. That's just personal preference but some may like that it can fit anywhere. I also had a very very difficult time taking the brush cap off (haha) but overall, a very good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing. I can apply my foundation on very smooth and I don't issues with it. It's a very STRONG and well put together brush.

I have had no problems with it falling apart... actually it's probably one of the only brushes that don't loose britsles a I apply it on my face (and most of my brushes are MAC brushes).

The packaging of the brush is simple, clean and elegant, the way every brush should be packaged.

Worth every dime.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this brush. Perfect size, excellent quality, sleek and soft and easy to clean. Applies foundation flawlessly. I don't understand why people are saying the bristles were falling out with theirs. I can tug and pull on mine since the day I got it and they do NOT budge.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by tloul

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wouldn't change a thing about this brush. It's the perfectly shaped head and perfect fullness for a seamless foundation application. I find this much easier to work with than the BB foundation brush that I used to own, which was too flat for me and left streaks. I've decided not to use any long-wear foundations with this because they're just too hard to remove from the bristles. After gently washing it everyday, there hasn't been any shedding so far. As a previous reviewer noted, I dry the brush flat rather than on its end, to avoid the bristles loosening.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Suselew

I own several foundation brushes in the "paddle" style, including Bobbi Brown and I reach for this brush more often. The ferrule of my older EL brush loosened and about a year ago I took it to the EL counter and they replaced it with the newer style. There was a known problem with the glue deteriorating and the bristles separating from the ferrule. Since then, I love the bigger paddle over the BBrown one which is pretty skimpy.

I have looked at trying some of the other brushes on the market, but have passed because this brush seems to work for me with my cream foundations, primers, and illuminators. It even works with cream blushes. I don't see any streaks either.

I have been very pleased with the brush and I anticipate using it for many years.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by huifenl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is mediocre to me. It seems "plasticy" to me. Regardless of foundation i use (ELDW, ELDW Light, Lancome, Laura Mercier) it seems to be dragging my skin as there's so much friction.

Read great reviews on the bobbi brown foundation brush, might wana go and check it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ohtokio

The primary issue with this brush is that the handle is wooden, so using warm water on it and not drying it thoroughly afterward can cause warping, which eventually causes the brush part to fall off. If you drop this brush while it's wet, the brush part will pop off then as well.

The brush itself is very soft and feels natural.