July 25, 2014 | 1535 users online

Styling Products - Qhemet Biologics - Burdock Root Butter Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by PerkyBlackChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My dry 4c natural hair LOVES this! Do not let the wording on the container fool you. If you have thick and coarse hair like me it will still work. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the best moisturisers I have ever used on my hair! Though it's quite light in texture, it's very rich, so only need a very small amount. It keeps my hair soft and nourished for an entire week! Absolutely fantastic moisturiser!

My only gripe with Qhemet products is the constant addition of glycerine. My hair used to love glycerine when it was short and still quite parched, but it doesn't seem to like it anymore. So I have to go really easy on the BRBC so the glycerine doesn't build up too much.
But it's still a fantastic moisturiser!

Update: I have found that MSM really irritates my scalp, so I've stopped using it. But I still think this is a fantastic moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

My naturally coily hair loves this product. It's a light, leave-in best used for natural hair. It's water-based so you will have moisturized hair for days. I love it and highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Chenai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail moisturiser. My hair drinks it up and becomes so soft and manageable. I have very tight curls, shoulder length hair. I transitioned with this product and it was a godsend. The only drawback for me is the price and difficulty in obtaining this product. I have to order it online and it is not always in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I ever get to the bottom of the freaking jar, I will totally buy this again! I've had this jar for a year and it doesn't even look like I've had it for 2 months, lol. That's how little I need for my hair. I have fine-medium highly textured (3c/4a) hair with some wiry sections and some soft sections. Ethnic/black hair, if you will. And I am growing out a sodium hydroxide relaxer (10 months since my last service). I blowdry and flat iron 1-2x/week so that I don't have to battle the two textures. So my hair has special needs at the moment, haha.

This moisturizer is lightweight so it does not weigh down the relaxed hair, but packs a wallop of moisture to keep the natural hair and relaxed hair from breaking where they meet (which is a very sensitive part of the hair). I like to create small sections, then focus applying the product on my ends and then work it up towards the roots and even massage a little into my scalp in my crown which gets dry sometimes. I then take just one drop of Keracare Essential Oils and rub hands together to smooth and seal all the moisture in, and my hair is shiny, incredibly soft and full and still moves. That never happens with moisturizers with me because my hair is easily weighed down (which is why I didn't really moisturize my hair too much in the past--but I totally get why it's important now!!). This product keeps my hair in such good condition, I was able to go 6 months without a trim despite my regular heat use. Yeah, I deep condition often and use salon quality products, but still. Using this daily or every 2 or 3 days has done nothing but help my hair and my hair care routine.

I also like that there aren't a lot of ingredients in this product but it's so effective. That is amazing to me. A con is that it's only available online (well I can get it locally, but it's a drive), but it lasts so long for me, I can wait until the owner has her sale once/year (which is when I got it last November--still haven't finished the jar).

If you have similar hair and haven't found a good daily conditioner/moisturizer to keep your hair healthy in between washes, definitely give this one a try. I'm so sure it'll be the last moisturizer you'll buy :-) Note: Works great as a smoothing leave-in on damp hair too (just put a serum on top if you're going to use heat on your hair).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ajay616

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very good moisturizer for those up us with finer textured hair. Doesn't weigh my hair down AT ALL. I applied to freshly washed, dry hair and it left it very soft with a subtle natural shine. The smell is ok, kinda citrusy but it quickly fades after application. This is my new staple moisturizer! A little pricey but since you don't need to be heavy handed when using, the container should last a very long time. I will definitely be repurchasing this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

For me, this was just an ok product. Most people say this is light but it's not. Not for me anyway. It's a decent product to seal the ends of my hair but i still don't think it's all that in the moisturizing department. It just feels heavy. It leaves my hair and hands feeling filmy. I cringe at the thought of putting this on freshly cleansed hair. I like my hair to feel clean. For me this may work better as a pre-shampooing treatment. Doubt i'd ever buy it again. I have 3b-3c type curls
UPDATE: So i tried working with this a few more times since the last review and i had to bump it up to 4 lippies. I was visiting Chicago and needed some moisture to combat the cold weather. Long and behold, this stuff actually does penetrate and moisturize! It still is a bit heavy but i've learned to only use a tiny bit along the shaft of my hair and a bit more on the ends. I think the scent is so so but i will for sure buy it again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

All I can say is.... Holy-frikkin-grail!!! I loooooove this cream. A little about my hair type: My hair is natural, 4b with looser 4a in the top and even looser in the nape/back, is much more fine than coarse, and about 4 inches long... thick and bushy rather than thick in dense/full. Most of my curls are about double a pen spring size. I wear it in spiral curls twisted all over. My hair loves oils, especially Castor (can't live without), sweet almond, and coconut; avocado butter (the best for sheen!) and shea butter. My hair loves Aubrey, Giovanni, Darcy's, and Quemet. Too much glycerin or soy or corn oil (Carol's Daughter) makes my hair hard and sticky and icky.

So, I have tried countless moisturizers but had yet to find one that was not too heavy for my fine kinks, was all natural and provided **lasting** moisture to wet and dry hair. Qhemet's Burdock cream is all that and more!

Pros: Super, super moisturizing -- All Natural yaaaay-- A huge plus is that this melts & absorbs beautifully into my wet hair just as well as it does dry hair! That is rare! -- Smells good but not to strong -- jar lasts a long time -- MSM good for scalp -- strengthening -- makes my hair sooooo soft --- wonderful!!

Cons: NONE! Well, don't expect this to make your hair really shiny. It does provide moisturizing sheen, but if you need more 'bling' you'll need an additional product : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wonderful moisturizer for my long and thick 3C hair. A little goes a long way and it provides moisture and nutrients to your hair. My hair is thirsty and this stuff quenches it. Lighter than the amla olive cream- burdock root is better in warmer weather. Quality ingredients, quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by suburbanbushbabe

I'm on my second full-size jar of this. My only beef is Qhemet changed the scent that I was addicted to, but this new scent is okay. I use this as a leave-in on my clean wet hair to butter up the ends, then use another leave-in. It really helps with the clumping. Doesn't leave my hair greasy at all (it is a butter cream rather than a creamy butter). I also use it on dry hair to fluff and defrizz. Great stuff. I would also like to see it in something other than a jar.