Illuminare Fast Application Pad

4.5

on 7/20/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this is good stuff. but after washing, the fabric inside the pad mashed up and the pad itself shed like crazy.
i thought i made a mistake by popping the pad in the washing machine.
so i bought a second one and after several used, i washed the pad gently with a gentle shampoo and warm water to clean it up. it didn't mash or anything but it still sheds.
if not for that issue, this is the best tool to apply foundation, hands down, but as per the shedding and mashing; i gave this up.

on 10/16/2011 2:33:00 AM

I bought 2 of these when I first started using illuminare extra coverage concealer/foundation, I think they're just OK for application. They're a bit on the pricey side, but I would have given them a better review if they didn't end up falling apart very quickly.

on 2/16/2011 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just purchased my second one. The first lasted a year with daily use. I use it to apply my mineral powder foundation(Alima) with rosewater and glycerin spray. Blends really well and I wash it by hand and lay it to dry quite often, and it still lasted a year. A must in my makeup wardrobe. 10.00 + free shipping on the most popular mass retail site online, that Makeupalley won't let me mention...LOL. A++++

on 9/8/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I can kick myself for not trying this sooner. Literally cuts my morning routine in half the time. So easy, clean and convenient. Impossible to over apply and better for my finicky skin since I'm not rubbing or blending hard. Dab and swipe and blend. The pad is very soft and will last me months.

on 6/20/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I discovered this product when I was talking to customer service at Illuminare, and I was told to try this pad to help with blending. I am so glad I did!! I never have had much luck with sponges, but his pad works like a miracle and FAST!! I have 2, one of which I carry in my purse if I need a quick touch-up. And then I have an extra when I have tossed my other one in the laundry. Because it is washable, it is really cheaper than sponges in the long run as mine have lasted and lasted. I wish a similar product could me made for applying the their cream shadows!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

when im too lazy to use my foundation brush....i use this!!! it does not soak up product and blends seamlessly....very sturdy too! way better than a sponge

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This applicator really is a nice alternative to using a sponge or foundation brush. I find that I can use it to apply any liquid or cream foundation, concealer, or cream blush, and it also comes in handy for blending, as well. Every two weeks or so you wash it to remove old makeup and it's good to go for the next time you want to use it. I like this better than a foundation brush because I feel like it blends the makeup better, so the end result looks more natural. I would recommend.

on 8/29/2009 10:27:00 AM

Great for ANY foundation - this really is a unique product applicator - highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my second applicator sponge (had it for ~4 months now) and I now hand wash it in the sink. The first one ripped within 2 months, I assume from being tossed in the washing machine a few times. I used a lingerie bag but did wash it in a regular cycle, maybe if I'd used delicate it would have lasted longer. I will continue to repurchase this sponge because it makes application so effortless and looks GREAT!

on 2/6/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pad. I have been applying foundation now for over 25 years and this is the best thing I have ever used. It doesn't absorb any of the foundation so there is no waste left in it like with regular latex or non-latex sponges. It's fast and easy and provides great coverage. You can also toss it the washing machine!

I paid $11.50 cdn for it, which seems a bit steep, but we'll see how long it lasts and if it is worth that price. But now that I have it I won't be going back to regular sponges.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools