Palmer's Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Repairing Conditioner

3.1

Water, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Propylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Cetearamidopropyldimonium Chloride, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin

on 4/19/2015 9:51:00 AM

Not too runny and just the right texture to apply all over your hair. I leave it on for 5 minutes before rinsing and this leaves it super shiny and it feels much stronger. I find the smell a bit too strong but aside from that the product is good. I would also prefer if this was in a bottle or tub as the tube can sometimes get fiddly in the shower.

on 4/15/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I usually buy Desert Essence Coconut shampoo and conditioner .. This stuff is just s good and 2 bucks less YAY!! Love the shampoo too!

Reading the reviews, I would understand how people might not like it. However my hair is extremely extremely damaged, box dyes, salon dyes, rebonding, perming, all kind of stuff has been done. So its incredibly dry. this conditioner REALLY MOISTURISED MY HAIR. Bonus point: it smells SO GOOD. So if you have dry, damaged hair that really screams for help, try it. I love it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Texture
Thick and creamy but easy enough to spread. Not a "slippery" conditioner. I follow it with something watery to detangle.

Scent
I will keep buying this mainly for the smell. Straight out of the tube the smell is a chemically/coconut scent. What I love is how the coconut smell lingers in my hair. It makes my hair smell delicious!

I have thick afro textured hair; it's actually pretty healthy but I like to use a protein conditioner a couple of times a month. This is a light protein conditioner that I can leave on for 5mins and it keeps my hair feeling and looking strong and healthy. This product is super inexpensive and cost me about $3. Overall I like it a lot and recommend it especially if you have thick hair that is frizzy/dry.

I don't understand the negative reviews for this conditioner. I have the kind of limp, fine hair this conditioner is aimed at and my hair loves keratin and panthenol. Most products overload or coat my hair but this one doesn't even though it contains 'cones, which I normally avoid like the plague. My daughter bought it without realising it is not suited to her thick, very dry, curly hair so I tried it and my hair looked fabulous: shiny and well-nourished. You only need a small amount - less is definitely more. If you have the kind of hair you have to wash every day, it's definitely worth trying. I've used it a few times now and I'll definitely re-purchase as it's such great quality for the price. UPDATE: I love this conditioner! It's going to last me ages as I need so little. I use it a few times a week for weeks now and I've hardly made a dent in the tube! Makes my hair sleek, shiny and full of bounce. I can't keep this in my bathroom as my curly/dense-haired daughter keeps nicking it so I only use it occasionally nowadays.

on 5/24/2013 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

The smell is absolutely intoxicating. I used this for a cowash on my African 4 b hair. Made my hair feel clean which is quite interesting but the slip wasn't the best I've had, though detangling was a breeze. Also, it didn't make my hair feel conditioned. Again, love the coconut smell but when I am done I will not repurchase. Maybe I'll try this with heat next time...

on 4/13/2013 10:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Bought this because I was too lazy to buy my usual. What a mistake that was. I have normal to oily hair, and it made it ridiculously dry! I thought putting more in would help but it was just doing the opposite of conditioning. My hair felt disgusting after it dried. 1 lippy because I loved the smell. Overall, waste of money and in the bin it went. I would rather dip my head in a tub of lard.

on 4/12/2012 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This smells of chemicals, do not expect coconut. The consistency of this conditioner is hard out of the tube and left less than desirable results on my curly hair. Ended up using it as hand wash.

on 2/23/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Love, love, love. This is a very well packaged tube of thick, creamy, silicone-y goodness. Smells delish. Comb glides right through. Can't beat the price.

Definitely a win on my kinky curly hair, that I'm currently growing out of a relaxer. Translation? TangleMageddon. This stuff is my most recent weapon. I'll continue to use until it stops working or they discontinue it (because one or the other always happens doesn't it?) because I have spared no expense and got the same or substandard results.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's not too heavy or too light. I don't have that heavy and dull feeling hair after I use it. Doesn't interfere with my curls (I find some conditioners weigh them down). Smells amazing.