October 20, 2014 | 1997 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Shea Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a wonderful scent and makes a great body or hand soap. It produces a creamy lather and doesn't dry out my skin or leave any residue. My skin is left feeling soft. I look forward to getting the matching body spray as the scent is very comforting now that winter is here. When properly stored in the shower, the bar lasts for a good while. Highly recommend if you have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by lamaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought this soap several times. I use it to wash my hands. It doesn't dry them out.
I will use it under the shower, too, now I've read that other people use it like that.

I don't think it's that expensive at all. It costs 3,50 euros over here.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

gorgeous, thick, creamy and luxurious soap for winter bathing. not drying, smells great and pretty affordable

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by keanthony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this soap. It makes my skin feel very smooth. At first it felt a little different on my skin in the shower. It has a very nice subtle scent. As others have mentioned, it is best to catch it when there is a sale like Buy 2 get 1 or something. I have really dry skin, so I do need lotion afterwards, but I do not need as much as I used to with other brands

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Cadensmom06

I have been using this soap since March and i became hooked! its a little pricey for $4 a bar but worth it. i always go with the deals, buy 3 get one free so it seems worth it to me. super moisturizing, and like evryone else has said you dont even need a moisturizer after this, although i use the matching shea lotion to go with it. i love the scent too, its awesome. great for guys and girls, my whole family loves this soap and we go through a bar a month!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've found I need a more moisturizing soap, yet I just don't like body washes. I like latherin' up an old bar of soap. This has been added to my repertoire - along with Tom's calendula soap & L'Occitane extra gentle milk soap. A bit more than I'd like to pay for it, but it doesn't melt away to nothing in the shower, so I can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm using this soap right now. I agree with whoever wrote that they don't feel the need to wear lotion after they use this. It's so creamy and rich that applying lotion is unnessary unless you have severely dry skin. It also leaves a faint trace of its yummy smell on my skin after showering. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Bindu2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I use it to cleanse my face. Its removes all dirt, oil and makeup. Lathers up great, smells devine! Very happy :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I decided to try a bar soap after a long while. I bought it to use for frequent hand washing instead of a liquid soap. Itís very pleasant to use and doesnít feel drying. What I love most about shea products, in general, is their lovely mild scent, and this oneís no exception. Overall, Iím very pleased with my new soap, but now that Iím back on the bar soap bandwagon, Iíll buy a different brand next. Probably something thatís more organic.

Ingredients: Sodium Palmate (Surfactant), Sodium Palm Kernelate (Surfactant), Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sorbitol (Humectant), Palm Kernel Acid (Surfactant), Parfum (Fragrance), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Tetrasodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tetrasodium Etidronate (Chelating Agent), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 77492 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This soap is creamy and moisturizing. I have my sister, Sherry to thank for most of my bar soap since I expect most of them to dry out my skin. I also love the scent, but t's on the small size to be priced at $4.