October 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Pearl Pick Me Up Concealer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDM reformulated their products recently, and all the pearl concealers were changed. It's so, so disappointing. The old Pick Me Up Pearl was beautiful on cheeks, under eyes, under brows, on the cupid's bow...now it's just flat and chalky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

Pros:
Beautiful color as a highlighter
Very finely milled
Good wearing power

Cons:
Very messy application - as the shimmer is quite strong, wherever you accidentally rub it on, it'll be hard to remove
Easy to overdo since it's loose powder, for strong highlighters, pressed form is easier to work with

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by fihe

it's interesting that this is classified as a concealer. I actually never use it for concealing blemishes, but I use it on my dark circles sometimes. I've also used it as a face highlighter, eye color, and lip color. it works well for all these purposes, especially for waking up a tired face! :) since it's so versatile I definitely would get more in the future.
since it's pink, I'm not sure if it would look as good on people with predominantly yellow undertones. I would say that someone with yellowish skin who hasn't had success with Pearl Pick Me Up may want to try Pearl Sunlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by yoganut1967

I mix this with Pick Me Up Pink and swirl it on my face with a large powder blush after I've apply my EM Mineral powder - it gives a lovely duey youthful glow. Will continue to re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Atrox

NOT a concealer- but makes a great eye shadow- very pearly- good for under the brow and corners of the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely not a concealer on its own, but can be used in conjunction with a mineral eye concealer for a brightened look. When I first saw this jar of Pearl Pick Me Up, I didnt think I could use it. Here is how I use this strange, lavender-pinkish slightly metallic powder: I use a concealer brush (BE concealer brush) wet, and dip one side of the concealer brush into the tiniest amount of Pearl Pick Me Up. Then I apply the product to the shadowed parts around my eye and over my dark inner-eye/slightly undereye circles. Anywhere there is darkness, I apply this powder very carefully and very lightly. The damp brush makes this into a slight paste, and it it does take some effort to get the product spread evenly. What results is horrid initially, and you will have the urge to run to the sink and wash. HOWEVER, next, take the other side of your damp concealer brush and dip it into your skin-toned undereye mineral concealer. Again, don't overdo the amount, you can always add on more. Pat that on, over the metallic areas. Then, carefully smooth out with your fingertip if you'd like. The result is perfect concealing, with highlighting. This combination, applied in this manner, works far better than Touche Eclat, Dior Skinflash, or even my MUFE lift concealer. You can start with moisturizer if you have dryness in the eye area. I have not used this powder dry, nor have I used it anywhere else on my face, as I bought it just for this eye highlighting purpose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Agreed, not a concealer, but a luminizer/highlighter with mica.
I just barely touch it with the brush before picking up on whatever mineral powder & then swirled the brush in order to mix the 2 powders & get a moist glow. EM's price can't be beat,
I won't re-purchase on account that EM will have other new stuff out by then.
EDIT: mix a bit of this powder with whatever your day cream & you get the same effect as Mac's Strobe cream or Clarin's Instant Light Complexion Perfector.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

First :

this is NOT a concealer.

absolutely not !!!

♥ itīs a HIGHTLIGHTER ♥

donīt ask me why Everyday Minerals puts the whole Highlighting-Pearls to the Concealer Section...

but i can tell you :

This is the mineralized PEFECT DUPE of Benefit High Beam♣ !

looks very very pretty... a subtle shimmer -no glitter

I ♥ it !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SiouxCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fabulous multi-purpose product. Not really a "concealer". I would compare this to Benefit's eye bright in color. A pale shimmery pink that is very wearable.
You can apply it in the same way as eye bright, around the eye and brow bone to brighten eyes and camouflage darkness. It's even more versatile though as a loose powder that blends very easily.
You can also use it as a complexion brightener and highlighter. I use a fan brush and sweep it on top of my cheek bones, then a little on my forehead, chin & nose. It is great if you have an olive skin tone that can get sallow.
My skin is oily and this stuff does not make me look too shimmery either.
My only complaint is being a loose powder it can be messy, but a great product overall!