December 22, 2014 | 869 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Everyday Minerals - Cosmetic Cellulose Sponge

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by staci01

OK so I bought this thinking it would help with a better cleansing and removing makeup. Thought that this was some kind of special tool. It's not. Got this in the mail today and looked at it and saw that it's just a SPONGE! A plain old sponge! You know the ones you use to wash dishes and get four to a pack for $1.50 at the grocery store? Yeah those sponges. Only this one is a pretty purple shade and is disc shaped and priced at $2 for one single sponge. Go save some money, not to mention the 3 extras in the pack are like a bonus, and buy a 4 pack of dish sponges at the grocery store. Then cut them into a circle, so they don't look like the square sponges that you use to clean the house that they already are, and use that to wash your face or remove makeup. Thankfully this was only $2 and it enabled me to get a great GWP from EDM.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 4:24:00 AM More reviews by samana01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This little sponge is really great. I use it to clean my face. I haven't tried makeup application with it, but I don't think I'll ever try. That's what my EM flat top brush is for!

I use this in conjunction with Ponds Cold Cream (which I use as a cleanser). I massage that all over my face. Then I get this sponge and run it under the sink with warm water. I make sure that the sponge is VERY wet! I notice that when I don't put enough water sometimes it feels rough on my face. I basically have the sponge absorb the maximum amount of water it can. Then I gently wipe off the cleanser, and with it, all my makeup and dirt on my face! When I'm done, I just run the sponge under the sink again and rub to clean off the makeup.

This little purple sponge does the job perfectly.

I think that if you're not an EM user, you shouldn't go out of your way just to buy this sponge alone. I'm sure you can find something similar to this somewhere else. But if you're buying EM anyways, stick this in your cart!

I'll update as time goes on to see how the sponge holds up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 7:04:00 AM More reviews by ohvanity

This is a cute little sponge which I think works great for taking off my makeup before I go to bed. It feels gentle to my skin (if I soak it with water, that is) and does a great job. However, I do NOT reccomend this for applying mineral makeup since the foundation tends to come on cakey and uneven.

Overall it's a good sponge, and well worth its price. If you want to get an applicator, get a kabuki or flat top brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

From the package, it says "For application and gentle removal of makeup, cleansing lotions, face lotion, and facial masks. Perfect for gentle rinsing of skin" and "Rinse with warm water before using."

So I tried it last night and did not find it gentle at all... perhaps I needed to soak it with more water, but I found it rougher than my hands! I bought this on a whim (just $2) because it was so cheap. Moreover, to help be more gentler on the skin on my face because I do not want to tug on it all the time (it's not recommended to, too). So I'm not sure if I'd recommend to use this around the eye area either. I will re-edit after several more uses to tell you if it is a good buy or not.