October 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Real Control Crema Care

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is for dense dry hair. I have tried a lot of styling creams that claim they can tame my hair type but most fail. Styling serums and creams are very personal to different people and what works for them. For me, a thick cream works better than serums and sprays. Oils are too greasy and don't help at all with calming my coarse texture or taming frizz. Silicone based products do well with providing shine but makes hair feel heavy and coated. Redken Real Control Cream is made with shea butter and that is the key ingredient for giving me great hair. I use a quarter size amount right out of the shower on wet hair. It works great as a protectant before blow drying it. Without using this cream prior to blow drying, my hair is the size of aTexas. This cream takes down most of the volume in your hair. So, beware, if you still want volume but just want some light frizz or flyaway control then this is NOT for you. After blow drying, my texture is so soft. No frizz. It isn't huge and poofy. It has shine and it looks heathy. Also, this doesn't weigh my hair down. It doesn't feel like there is anything in my hair. This is HG status! I also find for the price, it is a good deal. 8.5 oz. Retails for $16.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i am on my second bottle of this stuff. You know you found something good when you regret trying something else and go get another bottle of Redken Real Control Crema care again. I have dry coarse 3a curls that cannot be managed. This is the only best leave in conditioner that I have found that gives a little bit of hold (tiny little bit of hold). I used it the first time when i got the Brazilian Blowout and it was amazing then. The blow out has since worn out, but I still like this leave in. It is a bit heavy, like this line, but I want a heavy leave in because my hair is so unruly. I use it as a leave in and nothing else and it does a fine job, but if i want real hold, I have to use something else. I would definitely recommend this product if you want to manage coarse, unruly hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I can not tell you how badly I wanted this to work on my 2A uber fine wavy locks. I have tried it in every combo and method I could think to try it. I kept telling myself, "Everyone loves this stuff...how can you not? You must be doing something wrong. It is so cheap...c'mon, make it work." I like to encourage curl, but this pulled them out (which happens easily). While it did help with less static and adding heft to my hair, my hair did not look better...it actually looked better with out it. I am still hesitant because I feel like I should be able to make this work, but it just doesn't. And when I say "work" I mean not only add heft & prevent static as it does, but make my hair look less frizzy, curls bouncier, all around better working. I have to return it. :( If anyone has helpful tips on how to use this please PM me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I cannot go without this product! It is a wonderful leave-in conditioner that offers very flexible and soft styling lotion control. Light scent. You only need a small nickel size for medium length hair. I used before blow drying and it makes my hair soft, conditioned and offers so much control. I love love love this product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

WOW. This cream is amazing. This is a leave in conditioner that really moisturizes my hair better than any other leave in I have ever used. I follow the directions on the bottle, & I put this in my hair right when I get out of the shower & comb it through. I let my hair air dry & then I straighten my hair. Naturally, my hair is wavy/curly, thick, & it can get dry, especially in the winter. I straighten my hair pretty frequently, so I try to use really moisturizing products. This left my hair soft, sleek, shiny, frizz free, very well moisturized, & it did help to bring down the density on my thick hair. This didn't weigh my hair down either! I don't know if this would work for people with fine or thin hair, but for me it works wonders. This smells amazing as well. I will definitely buy this again. The tube this comes in gives A LOT of product, so it is a really good deal. It wasn't too expensive either. Definitely try this out if you haven't already.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by leslielgc

Amazing product! I have super curly hair and live in a very dry cold climate, and this helps reduce frizz and add moisture. I use a very small amount (I find if I use too much it does separate my curls too much) when I get out of the shower and then use Aveda's Be Curly - Curl Enhancer. After that I scrunch my hair and let it air dry. These two together the past couple years have tamed my beastly hair into gorgeous locks of curly love!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Redken Real Control Crema Care is a leave-in conditioner that helps smooth your hair when you don't have time for a blow dryer or flat iron. The cost is reasonable. Sadly, I developed an allergy to it, but the product worked reliably beforehand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using this as a direct leave-in after shampooing, and used that way, I find that it leaves my hair dry, dull and stiff. It's not poufy, but it not pretty either.

My supercurly hair is naturally dry and, as I've relaxed it to loosen the curl a bit, it's even drier still. The only way this works for me is to use it after I'm sure that my hair is well moisturized with products I use specifically to add moisture. At the point (which is usually the morning after a shampoo) I apply a little of the Crema to dampened hair (either from water or another application of moisturizers, if necessary), and few drops of Monoi Tiki au Tiare (coconut oil scented with gardenia flowers) on my hair for shine and moisture retention.

This routine leaves my curls sleek, glossy and health-looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long, fine, foil highlighted blonde hair (naturally now a dark blonde 7 brought up to a 1 or 2). It's usually pretty dry and very picky about hair products. It hates humidity, likes to frizz and wave.
I love this stuff. I was leery of it as my hair is easily weighed down. I tried the leave-in spray a while ago and that was heavy and filmy on my hair.
I let my hair air dry a while then apply this throughout my hair (not in crown area though). It smoothes my hair nicely without weighing it down. The frizzies stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this product ok. I purchased it after running low on my Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Serum (which is not really a serum but a conditioning cream, very similar to Crema Care. I don't have a Brazilian Blowout in my hair anymore but still used the Serum because it worked so well for me!). I have long, poofy, wavy/curly thick, voluminous hair (bra-strap length) which is highlighted.

I apply Crema Care to my damp, freshly-washed hair (on wash days, which is every ~5 days or so) before I comb it. It helps to detangle it, but not as well as the Brazilian Blowout Serum does. Pleasant scent. Crema Care does help with the poofy/frizziness a bit, and helps my hair feel softer. It doesn't make it look or feel greasy either, which is important because I only like to wash my hair 1-2 times a week.

Overall, I like it ok, but as soon as I use the bottle I think I'll go back to Brazilian Blowout's Serum....it just seems to work a bit better for me.