Sephora Smoothing & Mattifying

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, proplyparaben, isobutylparaben

on 5/25/2014 5:14:00 PM

Not something special, not changing anything in your face, just softens skin...

on 2/14/2014 3:25:00 AM

Makes no difference.

on 5/4/2013 6:39:00 AM

This primer doesn't do what it says. Neither it's smoothing nor mattifies. I have an oily combination skin. I don't recommend this at all.

on 3/18/2013 3:00:00 AM

This product does not work on me . After applying this primer , I proceeded to put on my liquid foundation and I could see dry patches on my skin. What a waste of money .

on 3/8/2013 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Another primer which made me break out! It does give a nice canvas when applying it to your face.. My makeup lasts considerably longer with it as well.. But because it made me break out, I will only use it as an eye primer and not repurchase this when I'm done with this bottle!

on 2/27/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora, and have used it up. Pros: cheap for a primer, works decently. Cons: Doesn't keep your skin matte for very long, smells awful.

Won't be purchasing this full-size. I much prefer Hourglass' primer to this.

on 11/22/2012 1:04:00 PM

I had this primer for a while now but have only used it for 3 times. I have a combination skin and I used it mainly to make sure my make up will stay longer or I have an event. I needed to use about one and a half pump to cover my whole face which I feel is quite a lot. I felt that my make up lasted for the whole day but my forehead was a bit shiny after a super long sweaty day (due to sweat). This was only one occasion. The other times it was relatively fine. The feeling of the primer is like oil so I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily face. I feel that it does minimize the appearance of my pores but not so much of mattifying. Overall, I would still get it again because of the price. (And I use MAC studio fix press powder)

on 11/18/2012 3:18:00 AM

Dissapointing product. Need alot to apply and also it cant get along with my double wear foundation. Weird patches instead. $20 in sg ..wasted. I could get smthing better. Sob

on 9/3/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The pros are it leaves my skin feeling soft and it does reduce some of the shine. I did feel like giving the product a two out of five but for the price it's a decent value. My makeup didn't stay in place any longer then normal and after a few hours all mattifying properties vanished. It may work if your skin is normal to combination, wouldn't recommend it for anybody oily.

on 5/14/2012 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Good primer, applies very smoothly and leaves my skin feeling really soft. It also does a decent job mattifying and keeps my makeup stay put. I have combination sensitive skin and other primers, like Makeup Forever broke me out. This one doesn't (I don't use primers on a daily base though).
I do think the Sephora smoothing and mattifiyng primer is pretty much the same thing as Monistat chafing gel..