Sephora Smoothing & Mattifying

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, proplyparaben, isobutylparaben

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm a little torn with this product. It's glides smoothly and does have a matte finish. So technically it does what it says it does. But it doesn't do a good job at controlling oil. Am I the only person who finds this stuff peeling away? Nothing worse than finding flakes all over your skin. I did have a couple of bumps after using this. But nothing serious. Won't call it a miracle product. I do like the pump bottle. Very hygienic. You can even recycle it to put lotion for easy traveling. I won't repurchase.

Not happy with this product. I used after moisturising and before foundation numerous times. Every time I apply foundation (M.A.C Matchmaster) the primer peels? off my skin I am left with minuscule lumpy bits of primer & foundation on my face. When I apply the foundation without primer I get smooth coverage. Not good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Complete waste of money. If you have oily skin, best to stay away from it. All it did was create a smooth (oily?) canvas for maybe the first half an hour.

Not something special, not changing anything in your face, just softens skin...

Makes no difference.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This primer doesn't do what it says. Neither it's smoothing nor mattifies. I have an oily combination skin. I don't recommend this at all.

This product does not work on me . After applying this primer , I proceeded to put on my liquid foundation and I could see dry patches on my skin. What a waste of money .

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Another primer which made me break out! It does give a nice canvas when applying it to your face.. My makeup lasts considerably longer with it as well.. But because it made me break out, I will only use it as an eye primer and not repurchase this when I'm done with this bottle!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora, and have used it up. Pros: cheap for a primer, works decently. Cons: Doesn't keep your skin matte for very long, smells awful.

Won't be purchasing this full-size. I much prefer Hourglass' primer to this.

I had this primer for a while now but have only used it for 3 times. I have a combination skin and I used it mainly to make sure my make up will stay longer or I have an event. I needed to use about one and a half pump to cover my whole face which I feel is quite a lot. I felt that my make up lasted for the whole day but my forehead was a bit shiny after a super long sweaty day (due to sweat). This was only one occasion. The other times it was relatively fine. The feeling of the primer is like oil so I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily face. I feel that it does minimize the appearance of my pores but not so much of mattifying. Overall, I would still get it again because of the price. (And I use MAC studio fix press powder)

Popular Primer/ Correctors