July 23, 2014 | 2067 users online

Conditioner - Desert Essence - Fragrance Free Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This stuff sucks. Both the shampoo and the conditioner which I have reviewed as well. I have never used so horrible products on my hair. I'm not sure if this conditioner sucked as much as the shampoo but it certainly could not add a quarter of the moisture back into my hair that the shampoo violently took from it. I have been through an uncountable amount of shampoos and conditioners because I am a total junkie and this takes combo takes the prize for the worst ones I have ever tried out of both natural and chemical brands. Do not buy this stuff if you respect your hair at all. Its horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by mom2sam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought I like this conditioner initially. It is probably better for someone who doesn't need much. Little too light for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

It compensates for the dryness left by Desert Essence fragrance free shampoo (this conditioner is superior to the corresponding shampoo). I leave this to sit in my hair while I wash the rest of me or shave, and then rinse. And it doesn't irritate my skin or scalp, so that's another bonus.

Background: I have very sensitive, very dry skin, and with normal conditioner my chest gets itchy from the rinse water, my neck gets eczema, and my scalp gets little irritated bumps. This alleviates all of those symptoms when used in conjunction with fragrance free body wash and shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

well, i actually like this, much to my surprise! Lately I have shifted toward more moisturizing products because even though my hair is fine, it is badly damaged from too much color processing. I love DevaCare and generally try to stick to no sulfates/silicones. I feared that like many natural conditioners, this wouldn't provide enough moisture., but it actually leaves my hair very hydrated, even though it rinses clean. It's great for someone like me who needs moisture without weight. I love that it's fragrance free, too. The matching shampoo to me seems identical in formula and effect as Jessicurl's gentle lather shampoo. I do need to use a lot of the conditioner, but my hair is very long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a rather mediocre conditioner that leaves no body or shine after its use and I still had flyaways! I agree with the others I don't like the container as the tube gets clogged up easily although the packaging is in a pretty color...lol Thats about the best thing I can say about this conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: Well, they lost their defender. I liked this product and have used it and the matching shampoo for several years. I had even found the right combination (a bit of coconut oil and a few drops of NOW almond oil) to wear my hair down sometimes, and I've been getting compliments on it. So I was quite upset when I went to the store to stock up and found that they've totally changed the ingredients, adding some that I'm highly sensitive to. I can understand frequently updating normal shampoos, but fragrance free versions are often bought by highly allergic people who often look for years before they find something that finally works for them, and changing the formula is more likely than not just going to lose these devotees. Well, back to wasting money, looking terrible, and wearing my hair up all the time.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:It's funny how everyone's hair is different. I hated the DE lemon conditioner, but I love the fragrance free one. First let me agree with dragonballz that the packaging stinks: the little tab that initially seals the opening is hard to remove, and it annoys me that a company that is environmentally responsible in other ways is using non-recyclable plastic packaging. However, I keep buying this conditioner because it is so wonderful for my hair. Used in conjunction with the fragrance free shampoo, it makes my curly, frizzy, thick but light-weight hair look better than it has since Terax changed its formula years ago. I have to use a lot of it, so it ends up not being cheap, but then again my hair is thick and down to the small of my back when wet, so most would probably use much less. I can't tell you how happy I am that I found this conditioner- I am happily wearing my hair down for the first time in years! *UPDATE* I raised the rating on the packaging of this conditioner because they improved the material that seals the opening before you first use it. Also, although there was a frustrating period during which they seemed to change the formula for the worse, they have apparently changed it back, and my hair is happy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I love the fact that this product has safer ingredients than traditional brands, I have to judge on the overall performance which didn't exactly wow me. I'm not sure if mine has defective packaging, but it seems as though I have to use excessive force to squeeze the product out of the tube. Either that or the consistency is that thick. It does a mediocre job of detangling and my hair behaves as though it is coated after I dry it. I'll use it up but definitely rely on the DE Lemon conditioner when I want good hair days.