July 30, 2014 | 1944 users online

Treatments (Face) - Stridex - Stridex Sensitive With Aloe

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my son's acne. He had been using PC BHA 4% foam with great success but it is a once per week product. He needed something to use during the week also. He used them last night for the first night and had a horrible reaction!!! He looks like he has been sunburned badly. It is red, irritated, and hot to the touch.

It says these are alcohol-free and like I said he has tolerated much higher concetrations of BHA. Looking back, should have done a patch test.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I tried these a while ago when I was on a mission to clear up my disastrous skin and I can honestly say this is a horrible product for sensitive skin. I tried the various type of Stridex pads and they all left my skin looking burnt, red, peeling or dried and fried. My skin looked even worse and I'd have to over-compensate with moisturiser. In addition to all that it just broke me out even more.

After years of searching I finally found my HG BHA, which is PC's 2% Clear and thankfully it has left my skin clear, soft, even and perfect. I never break out anymore and it is a staple in my routine I would never be without. If Stridex doesn't work for you I highly recommend trying other BHA products, because this one was a nightmare for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using these again the other day on my forehead to make sure my skin wouldn't break out and now I have little breakouts on it. This was the only thing I put on my forehead. I've used these in the past and got the same reaction. I think there something in it that keeps clogging my pores. The SA isn't enough to do much for acne. It's better to use these after a workout to dry off sweat from your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I have oily, red skin, lots of acne scars, recovering from a random blowout of hormonal cystic acne.

These smell like some rank tequila. So disgusting lol If you are sensitive to smells, stay away! I can tolerate it though because these things have brought down the redness in my face dramatically! Also, my skin was very oily and these things somehow made my face not as oily. I'm convinced that I was being way to harsh on my skin and these are helping restore it very quickly.

If you can get over the smell, have very red, irritated skin, this is a must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Absolutely LOVE this product!! Heard a lot of people recommending Stridex to people on the board, so I decided to give it a try. I have mild acne, uneven skintone, and some little skin colored bumps. Immediately after using Stridex I noticed how clean and soft my skin felt. Acne started going away, and now I'll only have 1-3 pimples a day sometimes none! The pads also remove ALL my makeup and leaves none behind. I don't try my eye makeup though, you shouldn't use this near your eyes it'll burn. I use the pad all over my face, then let dry and apply a moisturizer and then my C&C benzoyl
peroxide. Really recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin!
Update: I only use this about once or twice a week. Didnt make a big difference in my skin after using daily. Couple times i wiped my eye makeup off with this and it was a big mistake! It made my eyelids burn and feel rubbed raw.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sgrplmfairy333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i cant believe this product doesnt have better reviews! i love these stridex pads- they really help my skin alot! i have acne prone, very sensitive skin. when i dont use these faithfully 1x/day i notice that i start to get lots of tiny clogged pores, especially little bumps on my forehead. when ive been slacking, i just use a stridex pad and the bumps have vanished the next day! my skin is super sensitive, but these pads have the perfect amount of drying/exfoliating power.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by OnaClearDay21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Stridex Sensitive with Aloe is an overall good product for clearing up light acne but would not recommend it to anyone with extremely problematic skin that is sensitive to fragrances. Although it is labeled 'sensitive' it made my skin extremely red and itchy when first applying. After it dried it gave my skin an oily look and felt like i was wearing a mask. I had to wash it off in fear that I would break out. This is a good pick me up wipe for after the gym but would not incorporate it into my everyday skin routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Erinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One thing you must know about this product: It is VERY drying. Always use it with moisturizer. (after letting it dry, of course)

It helps tremendously. One gripe of mine, however, is that the pads stick together a lot which is just a tad inconvenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Charlotte8403

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really love this product. i am 27 years old and still have an occasional mild breakout around my cycle. i hate harsh acne products as they dry my face out too much. this product was exactly what i've been looking for. its alcohol free so it doesn't strip your face of its natural oil and has just enough salicylic acid in it to help prevent breakouts but is mild enough that it doesn't irritate my face or dry it out. if you have acne, i don't know how well this would work. however, it keeps my face break out free during my cycle and helps clear up any zits when i do get them. i don't notice any tingling...just the usual cold wet feeling you get after putting an astrigent on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by fizzyskittlez

I bought these pads a long while ago, I believe I was in 7th or 8th grade (probably 8th). They smelled awful, and burned my face because I had bad acne. You can't even tell that there's aloe in them.

Honestly, I forgot I even had them. I found them in my old room (I've switched rooms since last year), and I checked the expiration date on them. They don't go bad until October, and it's June now. SO, I figured, "Why not try them again? My acne's not nearly as bad as it was". I Took them out of the box, cleaned the cap and opening of the container and then remembered how badly they smelled. I proceeded to drain the icky liquids out, you know that gross liquid in the container that it sits in to keep the pads wet? Yeah. Drain that, because they put too much in.

I put witch hazel in them, because I know these pads can cause major irritation. Teaspoon of witch hazel for these will do you so much good, I promise you. I use witch hazel every day, and my skin is great compared to how it was before.

So, anyways, I added the witch hazel to the Stridex pads. They don't smell nearly as bad. I closed the container, shook it up a little to mix in the witch hazel, and then opened it again and took a pad out. That's when I used the pad. It smelled like a mixture of aloe, SA, and witch hazel. It didn't really burn, but it left me with a pleasant tingle. There was barely any redness, and when I woke up this morning my face was a bit clearer than it was yesterday. I think I'm gonna continue using them once daily before bed. c: