August 22, 2014 | 1909 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Poudre de Perles (Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by nlarace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh man, I love this stuff so much. I am having a minor heart attack because I'm starting to get to the end and I can't find it in stores or online. I will freak out if it's discontinued because this stuff is perfection for your skin. Literally every time I wear it my husband tells me I look great and glowy, unprompted. Guerlain, do not mess with me! I need this in my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by camilka

Fakes perfect skin. Makes light fall perfectly on face. Eliminates pores. Undetectable on skin. I use Rose Frais for NC20 skin. Can be used over foundation or on bare skin. Product lasts forever. Also a good setting powder for undereye concealer.
Illuminating without being sparkly.

Can't imagine doing my makeup without this. It's photoshop.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MissRini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had this powder for a couple of years now and it's taken me this long to write a review! At first I thought it was just OK and I actually shelved it for a while, but recently I've rediscovered it and am really LOVING it for the first time. I have the Mythic Parfait shade. My skin is very pale and clear. I'm not so young anymore, so I prefer to not look too matte but I don't want to look glittery/shiney either. This powder is perfect for me. I apply it over my moisturized face and sometimes use a little bit of undereye cream too. No foundation for me. I look all glowy when wearing it, right up to the time I cleanse my face at night. I love the smell, the feel of it on my face, the container, the appearance of the product and the results. There's nothing I don't like!! I'm actually thinking of getting the beige shade next, just to use for "contouring" (although I don't think it will have this effect in the traditional sense....just might give me some subtle colour with the glow). Beautiful product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by squishybunnie

I have this one in Rose Frais and it's oh so prettyyyyyyy! It smells amazing too, like a little rose garden! There are super tiny shimmer particles to reflect the light off your skin, making your face glow in diffused light! Awesome stuff, looks great in flash photos, skin looks absolutely flawless and radiant. I just swirl my kabuki all over the colours and sweep it over my foundation. The flesh toned colour i use to dab over spots that i've concealed before hand :) i love this! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried 02 Rose Frais, 03 Beige Lumineux and the limited edition of Summer 2009 Nacre des Mers. I liked Nacre des mers most, but since it was limited, I had to chose one of the three permanent shades. This powder doesn't give you an actual color, I think the shade that you pick up has to do with the luminosity and how it looks on your skitone. 02 Rose Frais was the shade I tried first. It was a nice powder, I finished it up, but it looked a little bit flat on me. When I ran out of Nacre des mers, I decided to get Beige Lumineux 03, because it looked more similar and more luminous on my skin than the lighter shade 01 Mythic Parfait. Beige Lumineux is a combination of lighter and darker beige tones with a purple ball at the centre. I believe it's the most illuminating out of the three shades. I have light skin, however this one looked more natural on me than 01. It is one of the most gorgeous products that I have ever used on my skin. Combined with Dior Nude liquid foundation in 010, it's absolute perfection, although it looks good over any foundation. Even if the powder has no actual coverage, mixing all the shades together do the magic I suppose. It blurs imperfections, it never looks or feels cakey or oily and I hardly need a touch-up through out the day. The most important thing is that it gives you GLOWING natural looking skin, especially after 10-15 minutes that it needs to set. After one month using Dior Nude foundation and this powder, I have quit on primers and concealers. My skin has improved and whenever I look at the mirror, my skin is fresh and glowing. I agree with those who say that this powder makes your skin look perfect, even if it isn't (of course we need to be rational, I don't believe that this will cover severe acne or scars...). I used to apply it with the Guerlain kabuki, but I found out that since this brush is dense and a little harsh, I ran out of the powder more quickly. Now I use a softer kabuki (the Sephora one) and I am so happy to spend out nearly 50 euros every three months with daily use...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by atrS05

What an amazing product! I bought beige lumineux. After looking at almost every highlighter/ finisher carried at sephora and lord and taylor one evening I came across this powder. First off Iit is extremely fine milled. Using a highlighting brush it can be blended endlessly with minimal cakiness. The combo of colors in the beige compact builds believe hightlights on a range of medium skin tones without turning ashy or grey. It also doesn't turn some funky iridescent hue as the color is built up.... just a luminous lit from within golden glow that isn't frosty or overly glittery. If your looking for a luminizer that can be seen from across the room this is not your product. Stick to something like Mac cream color base or Bobbi brown shimmer bricks. Im still not sure how i feel about the packaging. I generally prefer flip style compacts. The product is also fragranced which I don't mind but for some that might be a problem. As for the price... nobody buys guerlain because it's a good value. In my opinion the abundance of products on the market that don't do their jobs makes the one that does is priceless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by mesosexy

This powder works like any other powder but its just pricy. I think u could buy a better powder for the fraction of the price. I will not repurchase because I dont think it's worth the price. Does it have any benefit for the skin??? If it does, i didnt see any change on my face. I say not worth it unless ur rich!LOL!:P

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Ekaterina7

Dissapoint in it:( I thougth it would be llike Meteorites in box but it's simple powder without any shine

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in 02 Rose Frais when it 1st launched and it has since become my everyday face powder. Almost a year's worth of daily usage and I have yet to wear down the pebbled surface. This just gives that perfect, fresh, subtley glowing finish to my skin. It's completely sheet yet light diffusing, drawing attention away from any flaws. I use it all over but find it works exceedingly well as a powder to set my undereye concealer and draw a little more light to the area. My skin is dry but this doesn't accentuate flakey areas or dehydrate my skin at all. So far I've been good and only have the one colour, but I'm planning on buying the new summer 2009 one when that comes out.

My skin stats - dry, ppp, prone to product induced pimples but not cystic acne or blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say how much I love this product. Yes I shelled $65 for a lump of pressed powder but I'm so glad I did. I got my shade in #01 Mythic Parfait, and it's perfect to smoothen and brighten up my skin a little. I don't use the green ball in the middle because it contains visible shimmer particles. When swatched on the hand it just looks like plain white powder, nothing special, and same when applied on the face. But the magic happens when a couple of hours pass after initial application. I see my face glowing really subtlely, my skin looks so smooth and my pores are gone! I'm really looking forward to try two other shades, especially the beige one.