November 24, 2014 | 1823 users online

Styling Products - Phyto - Phytodefrisant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I was surprised that I had never reviewed this before, and was relieved to see that the change in the formula wasn't my imagination. I remember that it used to smell faintly of garlic for a couple of seconds, and that the prior formula was much better. Oh well. I have curly hair that frizzes due to extremely dry ends, and I am terrible at blowing my hair dry, so I really need the assistance of a good product. This does not tame the frizz, but it helps with straightening a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this!

I read rave reviews about this for years but for some reason never tried it.
I have annoying straight/wavy/frizzy hair and have tried so many hair care products (shampoos, conditioners, masks, serums, oils, etc) looking for something to help me nicely air dry my hair. My hair air dries in weird waves and very frizzy (+ it takes ages and if I go to bed with it wet it looks crazy in the morning).
Over the years I've become a master at blowing out my hair. It takes me 15-20 minutes and many people think my hair is naturally straight. I like the smooth feeling after blow drying my hair straight, but sometimes I get very lazy and just want to air dry.

So I finally tried Phytodefrisant and I love it! I haven't tried it with blowdrying yet, but I just put it in wet hair (I put in quite a lot!) and let it air dry or put it in a bun with a clip. This makes my waves nicer and reduces frizz so much that I can't actually wear it naturally! I really love it and if I'm feeling non-lazy will try it with blowdrying as well.
I am currently only using this on my hair - all my expensive Morrocanoil and Bumble and Bumble serums are just sitting on my bathroom shelf...

I love it and am excited to try other Phyto products.
I bought this for 12 euros - about 16 dollars. Very cheap in my opinion for such a wonderful and natural product! And the idea that your hair only gets better the longer you use this balm is very appealing!
Absolutely recommend for people with thick, frizzy, wavy hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is freaking amazing. I have the "new" ? formula and love how soft and straight it makes my hair, for days on end. This is a real miracle product. Even after sleeping on it, a quick refresher blow dry makes it look fresh and full. I cannot believe how it smooths down all those little annoying hairs. If you have bleached hair, you need this in your life.And its supposed to work even better over time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Seegeeme

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used Phytodefrisant for probably 10 plus years. They recently changed the formula though and now I'm looking for a new product to use to help straighten and smooth my curly hair when I blow dry it. The old formula product was actually a gel that came out of the tube. Not it's a liquify goo. The product should be in a squeeze bottle and not a tube. Ever get a liquid out of a tube? Well, that's what is is now. AND, the product does not work the same. Even my hair stylist who has been doing my hair for years, notices that it used to blow dry better with the older formula. He has a few other clients who are having the same experience. When they bring back the old formula, I'll go back to phyto. Until then… I'm trying Rene Furterer and some other products. I've complained to Phyto company by emailing them and get no response.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by icanhazcheezburger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybe I am not qualified to be reviewing this product since I did not blow dry my hair after using it, although I read a bunch of reviews on this product and saw that some used it even just as a leave in and let it air dry, and that it would still give softening and shiny results. Well that is what I did, I also used some of Paul Mitchels skinny serum on top. Sadly, even when I use that serum alone, my hair is not as poofy and dry as it is right now. After applying it ON TOP of this relaxing balm. I felt as if my hair got dry instantly on impact of applying it to my hair. It did not make it feel soft whatsoever. I really hoped that this would be the answer to controlling my curly frizz prone hair but it honestly did nothing for me. The way that the product felt was like I was applying rubbing alcohol to my hair. Now my hair is one big confused mess, neither curly nor straight, very dry.

I am not giving up on it though, I will give it a few more tests.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i had a lot of hopes for this. i have thin, fine hair with an oily scalp. recently, my hair has grown out, and the longer it gets, the more fly-aways and tangles i have. so i got this to try. it did a very mediocre job taming and moisturizing my hair, even used on top of other conditioning product. also, i found the container difficult to manipulate, especially given the slippery nature of the product (a pump or the like would be more convenient). i'm sure this is a wonderful product for other hair types, but it wasn't for mine.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have relaxed hair, this may not be the product for you. This was disastrous. It made combing my wet hair more difficult, and when I styled it, it was way bushy. Everything I looked for this product to do, it did the opposite.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by oonarye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing, unreal, haven't written a review in years and just logged on at 1 am because I had to praise this product. I have a different head of hair thanks to this balm! Silky, manageable, glossy, just wow. WOW. So glad I purchased this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by teach1229

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product did absolutely nothing for me. I have relaxed hair, that tends to get frizzy. It seems as though it made my hair frizzier. For me, it was a complete waste of money and I returned it to the store. Someone with a different texture/type of hair may have better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by vsmini

It took me YEARS to find something that could make my frizz-prone, thick, wavy hair look amazing and I found this! I've been using it steadily for over 2 years. I had a minor freak-out when I saw that they "improved" the formula (it now comes in a gold-toned tube.) Many reviews on other sites stated that people were not happy with the new formula. I was forced to buy the new formula as PHYTO is slowly phasing out the old formula. I've used it a few times now and I notice no difference. I still get the same, amazing results.

So I don't think it has really improved all that much - it's just stayed the same - which is FINE BY ME. Most likely they had to change an ingredient or something for safety reasons or for environmental reasons (a lot of hair spray products have had to "improve" their products recently.) Thankfully Phyto didn't compromise their quality product.