December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Polishes - Essie - Shorty Pants

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! OMG! I rocked this look all summer long! When I tell you it looked absolutely beautiful on my NW45 complexion? I wore it on my toes and Mademoiselle on my hands as I work in an environment that would not be conducive to having yellow fingernails. I loved my toes with this on. The thing with me and yellow is nothing short of love. I have this yellow Dooney and Burke Purse that never went with anything so it went with everything, ya know? LOL but the polish was the same. It gave a beautiful pop of color to everything I wore and looked lovely against my chocolate skin. I recommend and am trying to swap for it as I only used it at a salon. Try it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a bright yellow colored polish, almost the exact color of the Post-It Notes neon yellow paper. It didn't look very flattering with my NW20 skin, but still it is a fun color to wear once in awhile. I got a mini bottle so the application was tricky and when I finished it looked more like actual paint on my nails as opposed to polish. The first coat was streaky but the 2nd coat added enough color to coat well. The finish was nice and it lasted several days. I probably wouldn't buy this color again as it isn't one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sheilap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm always looking for weird colors to paint my nails & when i found this color i said to myself this color is definatly weird.. my boyfriend of course freaked out YELLOW! hes not a big fan of bright colors i liked it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by beantown620

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first, and probably my favorite yellow creme out of all the nail polishes I own. Shorty Pants doesn't really translate to neon against my dark skintone at all (I'm like a NC55 for reference.) It just looks like a bright, sunny yellow. 3 coats gave me full opacity, and the polish dried to a glossy, shiny finish on my tips.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by sugarc0ating

I will start out by sayinig that I wanted to love shorty pants, and I still do love the color. It's such a bright neon cheery yellow. But I just can't love it. If I had to buy it again I would choose no. Everything that could go wrong did.
I applied the color with a base coat, three coats, and a top coat. I did my left hand, then my right. After about 30 minutes of letting them dry they still weren't dry. I ruined my left hand, and re did it with very very thin coats. This time they dried. My right hand was not not dry after an hour and a half. It was still in the sticky stage. I even used my blow dryer on low heat, and it wouldn't dry. I finally took it off and went to bed to finish it the next morning.
Now, as I look at my finished manicure, it looks like crap. my right hand looks okay, I kind of made it work. But the other hand is a streaky mess thats impossible to fix. I had cuticle pull, and slight streaks on both hands. It didn't apply evenly, and needs a high gloss top coat since (when it does finally dry) it drys matte.
The color is very pretty, and its too bad it turned out to be such a manicure disaster. I guess I'll have to keep looking for the perfect yellow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ceeRennycee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I debated this one for a long long time before finally caving and picking it up. It is like no other polish I have ever worn so I was a little leery that it would be too bright to pull off. The verdict? I love it in the bottle, I love it on other people, I just don't love it on me. It's definitly neon and as several people told me, against my skintone it's very harsh. In some lights it was tolerable and in others it made me wonder what I was thinking. I kept it on for a while because this was definitely out of my comfort zone and I figured it was just a matter of getting used to it. But the more I looked at it the more I knew it was just all wrong for me. So off it came.

Application was a complete pain in the neck, as it is with all neons. The pigmentation causes it to go on streaky and messy and it seemed to dry halfway through one nail so I had to stop and add more to the brush. By that time the strokes I'd already done were dry and the fresh polish dragged it around. Oy. My 2 coats were super thick but I was finally able to get it settled evenly. I also had to go back and apply a 3rd coat on one nail because the streakyness left a bald spot. But I have to say the finish looked great with my super shiny top coat.

One thing I did notice is that I had a much easier time swatching this on a bare nail than I did when trying to do a full manicure over a base coat. It's probably not ideal but I think when I wear neons in the future I will wear them without a basecoat. The application is much, much easier.

I think this could be a great color on the right person but I defintiely won't be repurchasing.

Here are my pics of it...

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After going on a search for the perfect bright yellow nail polish I have finally found it! Shorty Pants is neon yellow perfection in a bottle. Its bright and creamy and the perfect balance of bright but pigmented. . NYC Taxi Cab was streaky and assy, ChG Solar Energy was pretty but didnt have enough pop, OPI Need Sunglasses was weak in the pigement department but Shorty Pants was just right. Exactly what I wanted. EDIT, I had problems with streaking...taking a point off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the intense neon yellow of this color, but application was just waay too big of a pain in the arse for me to buy this again. It took three coats (plus a top coat) to get a nice even color. It goes on pretty streaky and unevenly and just takes more time than I am willing to spend to achieve the color. So points for an eye-popping, unusual polish color, but in the end it's not enough to justify the time I had to spend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by MMedina112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this and I already love it!!!!! I always wear super bright colors on my finger nails and and toe nails so I am wearing this right now on my finger nails, and yes it is really bright since my skintone is pretty medium-dark, but I am kinda girl that loves bright colors and I'm pretty much known at work and everywhere else to always have bright nails so its no problem for me to always have bright nails. The color to me is like a very bright banana yellow to me it is somewhat like a creamy banana yellow, but very bright, I have seen polishes that are more bright but this one it very good too, but I really like this one! Great color for summer and well for any season for myself!!haha