April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Deodorants - Adidas Cotton Tech absorbent-deo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is (was) the only thing I used. It did not stain my black workout shirts like antiperspirants with aluminum. It survived my intense cardio workouts. It was gentle. It used to be $4 at ultra but since Coty/adidas decided to stop manufacturing I don't know what else to buy. It has THIRTY ingredients so I have NO IDEA what ingredient or combination of ingredients to look for in my next aluminum-free deodorant. Any ideas?

Edited: See my review for Trader Joe's Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by eliztay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this deodorant because it said it wouldn't stain my whites,i smelled it in the store and it smelt great...before I put it on. This deodorant seemed promising...it wore off right away and it left me smelling like B.O which is extremely uncommon for me because I never ever get that smell. So if you don't want to have smelly pits I would not recommend this at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would agree with the others that this one is worth skipping. Not only did it *not* work on me, but it stung and irritated my skin. This deodorant failed on me, sometimes even just an hour after applying. Did nothing to help with odor. The worst of the aluminum-free deodorants so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by BonR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this product because it was aluminum free and I thought I'd be doing something good for myself. It did NOT work out. This is the worst experience that I've ever had with any deodorant, ever. It burns my skin, it broke my skin. It's peeling and my underarms are discolored. Before using this product I never had any such problems with my underarms. I can't believe they are now about 10 shades DARKER than my skin! I'm horrified and I don't know what to do. I'm considering not using any deodorant at all until it clears up. I want to contact the manufacturer to complain about it. I can't believe that so many people have had similar experiences with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is easily the worst deordorant I've ever used - my skin isn't normally sensitive, yet this leaves it sore and burning. The texture is odd, like the member before me mentioned, it leaves a film that peels (hence the soreness I'm dealing with). So glad I didn't use this in the hot weather, as my skin is now quite discolored as a result of it.

I love the Adidas roll on deodorant so I was certain I'd feel the same way about this, but no. Since I can't even finish this, I obviously won't be purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by BeaPea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EW! Hate is a strong word but I reallyyyyyy hate this deodorant. It DOES NOT sink into the skin, leaves a nasty white film, gets on clothes, and has a gross, slimy texture overall. This is probably the harshest review I have ever written but I'm sorry...This deodorant didn't do it for me. I stick with Dove and Secret.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MU2

Love, love, love!!!! Best absorbent deodorant I have ever used....must be the cotton tech+ addition! I have tried everything...Tom's, crystal deo, Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant and even Adidas men's deodorant (that had a mild smell)....can't believe they do not put the cotton tech+ in ALL of their deodorants. Lasts forever, works great for me (of course, ymmv....we all sweat differently!).....hope it stays around forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by AllisonWunderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not really in the habit of reviewing deodorant because I don't branch out much from my good ol' Secret Clinical. I read on some dermatology student's blog that this "cotton tech" stuff works really well so I decided to give it a whirl (mostly because I found myself at the drugstore having forgotten to wear deodorant that day... disaster). The fragrance is Pure Lightness, which is one of Adidas' perfumes, to me it smells like a nice fresh dryer-sheet-y floral. I slathered it on immediately upon reaching the safety of my car, and BEHOLD! The stink was immediately gone. It stayed gone all day, too. It felt a bit slick down there for a while, I really put a ton of it on so I'm not surprised. It did seem to absorb sweat pretty effectively... I mean, it's no Secret Clinical, but it did a damn good job for something that doesn't contain that aluminum tetrablablablablah crap. I have taken to carrying it in my bottomless purse for the (frequent) occasion in which I forget to apply deodorant before leaving the house. I like it so much that I've been leaving the house without my Secret on purpose. Does this mean I can ditch the toxic but effective Secret? No. I'll just save Secret for days when I wear nice clothes because it's some law of nature that my volume of sweat goes up at the same rate as the amount I paid for the shirt.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by yohomies

Adidas Cotton Tech works great! I am so mad that they discontinued this! It is the only aluminum-free deodorant that actually worked for me! When I wear it I stay dry and I don't have to worry about the harmful effects caused by deodorants that contain aluminum. Also, this is the only deodorant that won't leave white streaks on my clothes! So many other deodorants claim they don't when they actually do! It is still available some places online and I'm definitely looking into purchasing it when my stick runs out, but for now I'm pissed about no longer being able to get this at the convenience of a drug store!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I am on the fence about this deodorant. I received it as a stocking stuffer and thought I would give it a go. Before that I was using those natural deodorant stones - they work, but they made my armpits peel (weird!) and sting, so i stopped using them. The first time I used the adidas deodorant it seemed to work very well, however after a few days it made my armpits sting and the skin turned quite red as if it was irritated. I stopped using it and went back to using the Dove deodorant/antiperspirant. Yesterday I came across the adidas deodorant while cleaning the medicine cabinet, and decided to give it another chance. I applied it after my shower and so far it seems to be working fine. It is not an antiperspirant, so it is not "smooth" feeling like other products I have used. Even though I only used a couple swipes, I agree with other reviewers that there is a slight sticky or tacky feeling throughout the day, as if the adidas deodorant never completely dries. The scent is pleasant and fresh, and kept me smelling nice all day without needing to reapply. My husband also used it and he didn't stink even after an hour of ultimate frisbee and tinkering on the car engine in 95 degree heat/humidity all afternoon. I will give the deodorant a week or so before deciding whether I would purchase it again. If it starts to make my armpits burn or peel, I will throw it out.

UPDATE:
Made me peel. I'm tossing this crap.