Adidas Cotton Tech absorbent-deo

2.5

Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Arachidate, Fragrance, Sodium Behenate, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Sucrose Stearate, Xantham Gum, Triclosan, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Myristate, Allantoin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Geraniol, Sodium Laurate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Myristic Acid, Limonene, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Powder, Sodium Citrate, Ext. D&C Violet No. 2(CI 60730)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm surprised this has so many negative reviews. I really like this deodorant.
I switched to secret for a while but honestly I think this does a better job and I like that it does not contain aluminium - who knows if it is bad for you or not but it probably can't hurt to steer clear of.
I would recommend to anyone who wants to try a good deodorant with no aluminium that you can find at any drug store.

This product was awful. The price was not bad but after a few hours of putting this on I smelled awful which is uncommon for me as I NEVER smell like B.O. Not to mention my under arms are dark now because of this. This product has overall done more damage than good to my body. Will have to use up all of these and will definitely never buy this product again.

on 5/18/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff was great, albeit sounds polarizing, either you love it or despise hate it but I really loved it!! Too bad it's DC'ed! it's true that YMMV but for me this stuff worked really well effectively against BO, sweatiness, & general funk. I am a big huge Adidas Moves fan & fan of any kinda sporty scents in general, so this was a big winner w me. Now I kind of float from deo to deo not really being loyal to any certain 1, but I was loyal to this deo then. Seems like I used it up quickly.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is (was) the only thing I used. It did not stain my black workout shirts like antiperspirants with aluminum. It survived my intense cardio workouts. It was gentle. It used to be $4 at ultra but since Coty/adidas decided to stop manufacturing I don't know what else to buy. It has THIRTY ingredients so I have NO IDEA what ingredient or combination of ingredients to look for in my next aluminum-free deodorant. Any ideas?

Edited: See my review for Trader Joe's Deodorant

on 8/9/2012 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

So I bought this deodorant because it said it wouldn't stain my whites,i smelled it in the store and it smelt great...before I put it on. This deodorant seemed promising...it wore off right away and it left me smelling like B.O which is extremely uncommon for me because I never ever get that smell. So if you don't want to have smelly pits I would not recommend this at all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would agree with the others that this one is worth skipping. Not only did it *not* work on me, but it stung and irritated my skin. This deodorant failed on me, sometimes even just an hour after applying. Did nothing to help with odor. The worst of the aluminum-free deodorants so far.

on 3/25/2011 11:17:00 AM

I decided to try this product because it was aluminum free and I thought I'd be doing something good for myself. It did NOT work out. This is the worst experience that I've ever had with any deodorant, ever. It burns my skin, it broke my skin. It's peeling and my underarms are discolored. Before using this product I never had any such problems with my underarms. I can't believe they are now about 10 shades DARKER than my skin! I'm horrified and I don't know what to do. I'm considering not using any deodorant at all until it clears up. I want to contact the manufacturer to complain about it. I can't believe that so many people have had similar experiences with this product.

on 10/16/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is easily the worst deordorant I've ever used - my skin isn't normally sensitive, yet this leaves it sore and burning. The texture is odd, like the member before me mentioned, it leaves a film that peels (hence the soreness I'm dealing with). So glad I didn't use this in the hot weather, as my skin is now quite discolored as a result of it.

I love the Adidas roll on deodorant so I was certain I'd feel the same way about this, but no. Since I can't even finish this, I obviously won't be purchasing again.

on 10/3/2009 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

EW! Hate is a strong word but I reallyyyyyy hate this deodorant. It DOES NOT sink into the skin, leaves a nasty white film, gets on clothes, and has a gross, slimy texture overall. This is probably the harshest review I have ever written but I'm sorry...This deodorant didn't do it for me. I stick with Dove and Secret.

on 9/12/2009 2:23:00 PM

Love, love, love!!!! Best absorbent deodorant I have ever used....must be the cotton tech+ addition! I have tried everything...Tom's, crystal deo, Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant and even Adidas men's deodorant (that had a mild smell)....can't believe they do not put the cotton tech+ in ALL of their deodorants. Lasts forever, works great for me (of course, ymmv....we all sweat differently!).....hope it stays around forever!