Banana Boat After Sun Lotion with Aloe

4.4

Water (Purified), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Coconut Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Vera Gel, Cocoa Butter, PEG 75 Lanolin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I try to wear sunscreen whenever I'm in the sun so I don't tan or burn very often, but I've gotten all my siblings and a couple of my friends hooked on this for after-sun use. My friends, sister, and brother say it really does extend their tan, and my other brother who sunburns says it relieves the pain and redness and helps the burn heal faster than aloe vera gel. When I do burn I'm always leery of using aloe vera gel anyway because sometimes I use it on my face when I'm not burned and it makes my skin more dry and tight than anything. I think it's always better to hydrate a burn than dry it out, and this will do that. It also contains aloe and vitamin e.
My mother uses this on her face but I think anyone who's acne prone should be very leery of doing so, as the third ingredient is highly comedogenic mineral oil.
I use this as regular lotion daily (all over my body after I shower) and like it a lot. It can be hard to find a really basic, unscented, no-frills lotion these days and this fits the bill. No scent so I can wear perfume without it interfering. Soaks into my skin really fast and doesn't feel greasy. It's no miracle lotion - like I said it's basic - but if you're looking for a good, standard, cheap, easy-to-find lotion this is it. It's less greasy than Jergens and feels more moisturizing than Aveeno (although Aveeno just didn't work for me like it seems to for a lot of people). I also love the pump; the bottle won't get lotion-y from gripping it and it's more sanitary than a tub.
In the drier months or when my skin wants to act up and be drier, this doesn't cut it. If you have really dry skin you'll probably want something more moisturizing. But you're looking for a moderately moisturizing lotion, a sunburn soother, or a tan extender, this will do it!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know what the purpose of this lotion is , but it doesn't do much for me. I hated this stuff. And the smell is horrendous too!

on 4/10/2013 3:07:00 PM

I remember this lotion from childhood & my teenage years since my mother used to buy it in the summertime. It's a fast absorbing yet still moisturizing lotion that is perfect for summer months. The smell is so nostalgic for me, it reminds me of summertime and the way some suntan lotions used to smell in the 70s & 80s. Not tropical (pineapple/coconut) and not strong or cloy. Just a warm, balsam-y, sun kissed, summery smell. The smell doesn't assault you all day either, but you can still smell it if you put your nose up to your arm. I like to use it on my arms and legs, and during the day as a hand lotion. I wouldn't expect it to heal sunburns or anything like that (I use pure aloe for that), but it's great as an everyday lotion. Walmart has it for $5 (16 ounce pump), but many store sell it. It's usually around $5-$6.

on 8/16/2012 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product is amazing. A friend recommended it to me to use after outdoor tanning. It is very moisturizing and is not greasy at all like other lotions.The only downer I have is that when applied it can get so thick that its hard to rub in until clear on your skin.

There are some reviewers on here confusing this with a burn relief product... this is NOT. It has Aloe but not to use after getting a sunburn. This product is just to rehydrate your skin after exposing yourself to the sun for a period of time. If you get a sunburn I recommend using the aloe vera gel which is made for sunburns.

on 4/25/2012 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

After reading rave reviews here (85%? really?) and getting the worst sunburn I've had in a really long time, I picked this up and I cant even comment on its efficacy because I can't get past the smell. It is a horrible, dated, stale and overpowering perfume-y smell that has no relation to:
Bananas, Boats, Beaches, Water, Aloe, Sunshine, Summer, Cocoa Butter, Coconuts, Suntan Lotion or anything even remotely what you would expect. It's awful and it lingers. If I wasn't exhausted, I would have showered it off just to get away from the smell, it's making me nauseous:( So even if this works amazingly well for sunburn, I'd rather suffer without.

on 3/25/2012 5:58:00 PM

This is the best drugstore lotion ever hands down. I used to get it all the time in Hawaii, but can't really find it in boston mass. Other brands have after sun lotions, but they aren't nearly as good as the banana boat one.

on 8/17/2011 12:35:00 AM

I love this lotion not just for summer but for all year round. It moisturizes sooo well and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It's the best right after a shaving your legs because usually I get a little bit of razor burn on my thighs because my skin is so sensitive. But after I started using this the skin on my legs is flawless. And it does definitely sooth your skin and extend your tan which is awesome. I even use this product on my face and have noticed fewer breakouts and my skin doesn't get oily by the end of the day. All around this is an amazing lotion and I would highly recommend it.

on 3/15/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I love this product!! I go tanning alot and i use this as an after sun it works ahhmazingly :) it has a bit of oil which helps maintain my tan kinda like getting outta the tanning bed and still tanning it also has vitamins which is verry important ! Aloe vera which cools ur skin and prevents from peeling not to mention the moisturizer moisturizing is a must anyways yes i reccomend it alot :) hope you guys like it as much as i do.

on 8/14/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this stuff when I was on holiday in Mexico a few years ago. It smells really nice and is moisturising without being heavy, sticky or greasy. You get some huge ass bottle for not that much money, and it comes with a pump which is good. It helped extend my tan a little while longer too. I'd buy again :)

on 7/26/2010 10:06:00 AM

Love this lotion. I use it everyday not just after the sun. It absorbs really fast which is great for the summer time. But, my skin still feels well moisturized. In the summer I use this after shaving with great results. Normally I would use a really thick cream like Eucerin Calming after shaving but that feels too thick during the hot weather. There is hardly a smell. I can't really put my finger on what it smells like but its pretty faint. It does not clash with my fragrance. I use this on my hands too when I don't feel like using something thick.I have used this on my face- not good. I didn't have lots of breakouts just one whitehead and my skin didn't look so bright. I like the packaging because I can see how much I have left. I would totally reccomend this. Its pretty cheap too. I got it buy one get one free. I see this on sale a lot

Popular Body Skincare Products