April 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Excellence Creme Browns Extreme

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Jowalters

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have just colored my hair with extreme brown, BR3 medium golden brown. Got it from Sally's.
My hair is now red.

Last month I had used loreal for gray hair in medium golden brown and when it was time to touch up the roots, I thought I would try the extreme brown as I liked the swatch color better.
Do not see any golden brown, just red.

Now I have dyed my hair red years ago, got alot of complements as it was a natural looking color on me. But after letting the gray grow in, well I got tired of 'embracing the gray'. So I decided to go to my natural brown color.
Looks like I am a red head again, even though the package said golden brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks like I've found my HG haircolor. The rich, non-drippy formula smells pleasant and does not irritate my notoriously sentitive scalp. And it even lightens my black hair to a lovely shade of light brown! (I used the Light Beige Brown.) Love, love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by MrsBandield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Had my hair done 23 days ago for my wedding by a "friend", who is supposed to be a professional. Her coloring faded very fast, I'll never go back to her. I reviewed a lot of products, before I would always use Garnier... Loved the product but found after my color had faded some it would have a brassy tint to it so I tried this one in H: Natural Black. Loved the fact that it comes with a "before coloring" Serum that you leave in your hair for 2 minutes. Great results. Very shiny, healthy soft and great smelling after. I hope the color last's longer than my previous experiences with colorings.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I bought this in BR-4 Medium Red Brown. I used 2 tubes for my long thick hair with 5 oz of 20 volume developer. My before hair color was brown w/ full light honey blonde highlights. I bought the 20 volume thinking the 30 would turn my hair orange since BR4 has a orange base. I let it sit in for 40 minutes before rinsing. The color residue rinsed out normal (I didn't experience what the previous reviewer did with tons of color coming out). After rinsing throughly, I shampooed and conditioned w/ a color care product. Only a slight tint the size of a bagel came off on the towel. The process was MESSY! My advice is to line the sink & counters w/ plastic wrap and lay down newspaper on the floor. Have pure acetone and a roll of paper towels handy as well as old bath towels. During the rinsing process, a lot of hair strands came out but my hair was already overprocessed and dry. The end result was dark brown base w/ dark auburn red only really visable in sunlight. I wish it had more red in it but maybe that is my fault and will try 30 vol developer next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to add some warmth to my dark brown hair color and lighten it just a wee bit. I had been using a light to medium brown neutral demi hair color ( my hair grabbed a lot of color even with using light brown 10 volume, still it almost looks black).My experience was different than the previous reviewer with this product. The dye creme got all over the place! Worse is that it continued to rinse color dye out of my hair for the next three days and stained all my towels each time...what the heck?? I rinsed for a very LONG time too, This was even after washing and conditioning it each time??! I used 20 developer (may try 30 v next time). My hair is a pretty cherry red in sunlight- but otherwise is still pretty dark. I like it. Just think I would use the other Hi Lift color next for a more dramatic change.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this in BR-1 Dark red brown, it was nice....
It is a nice change from the liquid colors, the creme was much easier to apply and didn't go all over my walls. The package said "Excellence Creme Browns Extreme are rich, long-lasting bold browns with patented Anti-Breakage Ceramide RŪ Complex that penetrates hair's cortex to condition and protect against breakage." and there were only a few hairs in the sink after dying. My hair did not dry out and the color came out a really dark red, exactly what i wanted. as for the fading, I will update if horrible, but i am sure it can't be as bad as some others that i have used =)