July 30, 2014 | 1621 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - rich red

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by bonnyanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this really red lipstick and find it beautiful to wear. I was given it as a gift by a friend and have loved it ever since. I only wear it when I'm feeling bold though as it is very red!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am surprised that this lipstick does not have higher ratings. I've tried reds from MAC, NARS, Revlon, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, and Aveda, most of the colours made my lips look too brown, too blue, or dirty orange. Estee Lauder's Rich Red is the perfect true red on my olive undertoned, slight yellow overtoned NC20 complexion. My lips are naturally mauve too and it helps that this red has slight warm tones so it doesn't turn fuschia when I wear it. It does not make my teeth look yellow either. The only thing I don't like is the scent. I hate fruity smelling make-up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't wear red lipstick very often, but I think every woman needs at least one good, true red lipstick for special occasions. I have fair skin (NW 15-20) and this is truly the best red lipstick I have tried for my skintone. It should be called Marylin or Rita, this lipstick is old Hollywood sexy in a tube.

I have tried the MAC red, Russian Red, Chanel Gabrielle etc. but this is the best for me. I love the finish of Ruby Woo by MAC, but I find it too drying in the long run. This comes very close, but is not nearly as drying. It's bright, but not too bright, it has enough deep red notes to be glamourous instead of clownish and it bleeds minimally. I line my lips with a natural lip color liner and put this on top and it looks great!

It has a satiny bordering on semi-glossy finish on my lips, which means it works well with gloss, on its own or blotted. Very nice lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Sweedalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this lipstick as a gift from a friend, and I must say, it's the perfect red for my pale skin tone. It has barely noticeable gold flecks in it, and it makes your lips look a little fuller. I love it, and it's really the only red I can honestly say I've been satisfied with. The staying power is decent, and the packaging is gorgeous. It comes in a gold, ribbed tube. I love gold lipstick tubes. It's just an overall great lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by glossygirl47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to edit this review to give it five stars. I have a slight addiction to red lipsticks, but this is the one I reach for most often and I've found it's got better staying power than some of my Chanels. It's also the shade of lipstick I get the most compliments on -- I've probably sold 10 tubes to ladies who've stopped me on the street asking what color I'm wearing.

...
This is a lovely medium red. It's not too dark or too bright. It's not too blue, but not too orange, either. It has a nice satin finish with an extremely subtle shimmer. It's not my favorite red lipstick, but I do reach for it often enough and it goes from day to night really well. It has the same vanilla fig aroma as all of Estee Lauder's lip products, but it fades pretty quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmm....mixed reviews on this red. Let me tell you, I am OBSESSED with red lipstick!! I am constantly on a quest to find that "perfect" red ( if it really exists). What first struck me when I took a light swipe was how light and emollient the texture was. Now, I love creamy lipsticks but this came out too light. It also had slight sparkle in it. The staying power isn't too great either!! On my skin tone, this came out as a slightly glossy tomato red. Not exactly my favorite type of red!! I favor deep, creamy blue-reds, with lots of pigmentation. I will use this on days when I need a little pick-me-up for my lips, however it isn't THE RED for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by MirandaJune

Went all glossy after a few mins after applying it, staying power not so great. One thing I hate is when red lipstick looks more like a 'lip stain' (this is what happened here) I wish it was more matte, especially cos it's red (much more classier!) Not horrible by any means, but won't be buying it again. Good for people who want to wear red for the first time.

Oh well, back to the drawing board...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2008 5:22:00 AM More reviews by FarrahJoon17

As a beauty adviser for EL THIS lipstick was my look for holiday 2007. Its a sexy sophisticated 50's like red. wearing all black and this lipstick a friend told me the colors very chic, it looks like i have money. Its bright enough to make a statement, deep enough without aging me (i am fairly young at 19). It goes on smooth and velvety giving you full color immediately. The tube has a great seal and almost snap closure. In the signature estee lauder gold flute with the EL logo at the top. My only complaint, which i find with all estee lauder lipsticks is that it does tend to bleed.
My recommendations is to use a concealer that matches your foundation (not the same concealer as for under your eyes but rather one youd use to cover a zit) around your lips . it makes the color really pop and look even more stunning.
(honestly i feel like estee lauder wont fix that problem in their lipsticks because they tell us to sell the perfectionist lip pen along with the lipsticks to stop the bleeding. but its an additional $35)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jan0124

I was checking out the EL gift with purchase when this caught my eye.It's a stunning red lipsitck,part of the Estee signature collection. The lipstick is smooth,highly pigmented & the rich red color just pops against my skin. really lovely product.would highly recommend.