October 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Metallic Seduction

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Veritas709

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ulta was having some Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks for $2.59. I picked up this one since I've been wanting to try more bold colors. I wanted a wine color that doesn't look vampy or gothic. I was pleasantly surprised to find Metallic Seduction to be so beautiful, even with dark smokey eye makeup. It's such a rich plum color, not too red, not too purple and not too brown. I normally don't like metallic or shimmery lipsticks but this one is not that metallic, maybe has a bit of a sheen to it. The texture is creamy but not so glossy that it'd slide off your lips and there's no grittiness to it. It probably stays put for 5-6 hours, if you don't drink or eat. The things that I don't like are the smell and the packaging. It smells like cherry soda, the packaging looks cheap and the cap moves around. Overall, I love the color and the texture; and at $2.59, it's a steal! For reference, I'm NC 30-35, Asian.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

just like my predecessors I love this lipstick. med.-dk plummy warm red.it has med. color saturation and the metallic finish is more of a sheen/iridescence that is a golden hue and is elegant. Not a teenager-ish iridescence/glitter ( no offense to teenagers!!). Unlike BB metallic or Mac frost lipsticks, this one did not dry out my lips.

It feels supremely smooth and light, yet leaves lips comfortably moisturized with a soft gloss finish (or shimmer, depending on the shade chosen). Id put this up against any department store lipstick selling for $20 and up.

I got a few compliments at the grocery store & dry cleaners on the the color. It makes blue eyes pop. I usually abhor scented cosmetics, but I actually like the scent of this-- it smells a bit like cherry cola. Lasted approx. 5 1/2 hrs. Rimmel's Stay Glossy in Seduction (see sep.review) looks great applied over this and since it is a longer lasting gloss it did not diminish this lipstick's wear time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by satsumi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is so versatile and flattering, I end up wearing it day and night, any season. The packaging is disappointingly flimsy, but as the product itself wears well, and is inexpensive, it's a worthwhile trade-off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by citygirl123

LOVE this lipstick! I think I was Googling plummy-toned lipglosses and such when I came across this color. I immediately fell in love and had to have it. I got it the next day and I loved it even more.

It's such a gorgeous plum/burgundy color that can be worn during the day and at night. It's so versatile. The formula is great and leaves my lips really smooth and moisturized, I'm becoming a hug fan of Rimmel lipsticks - I own about four of them now.

The only downside is that all of the tubes I looked at for this color were definitely really loose, so the cap has some trouble staying on. But it;s not a huge deal for me.

If you like plum lips, but don't want to go with a full out plum color, this might be a good compromise for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by marywebgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So beautiful. A very wearable red that can be sheer and casual, or built up to be dramatic. I have green eyes and the right red can bring them out, and this is one of them. I never would have looked at it if it weren't for the good reviews because it looks so dark, but I'm so glad I have it now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has always been one of my HG lippies from Rimmel and the formula is lush, creamy yet long lasting! The shade is a gorgeous, rich, burgundy brown...it's a dramatic neutral shade and I've never quite come across another shade remotely like it. It's the perfect professional lipstick shade and tends to flatter every skin tone, from super fair to super deep. The shade has a lot of depth to it and the shimmer is more of an iridescence than shimmer. All in all, this is always a go to lipstick of mine and at a drug store price, how can you go wrong!! It looks deep, shiny brown from one perspective and when you catch a glimpse of the shade from another perspective, you can see how the light picks up the rosy hues. It's amazing!! J'adore'! Highly recommended!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a pretty color on my nc40-nc42 skin tone. I am a golden brown and this works beautifully on my skin tone. I wear it with bobbie brown lip liner in sangria, and a little dab of a shimmery gloss in the center of my lips, my makeup looks mature and sophisticated! love it. don't wear it often though (cause I'm in grad school and I don't go anywhere :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lavenderbleu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really unique plum/red somewhat reflective color. I'm NW20 and I find it to be a really flattering shade that would probably work great on almost everyone. The metallic aspect is subtle, but enough to make it something different and unexpected. Give this one a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great lipstick. I'm NW20 with dark brown hair and a light swipe gives a plummy deep sheer tone- a bit more glittery than shimmery, can be built up dramatically for evenings as well. Strange interesting shade-in different lights looks either plum, red, auburn, or all three. I suspect it will react to the user's skin tone. Not quite as cool-toned as I would like, will try some other shades. Very moisturizing but lasts on the lips as well. Even like the noticable smell. A real winner for any price. One lippy off for those sensitive to smells.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boy, the '08 lineup of Rimmel lippies has some fantastic, complex, unique shades. Metallic Seduction is a new fave-- a deep, rich plum wine with fine gold pearlescence. It's what I wanted Mac "O" to be, but "O" has that brassy-brown note that obscures the plum tones when I apply it. Metallic Seduction is the PERFECT dramatic lippie for this pale redhead. It's just deep enough to provide stunning contrast; a neutral-enough plum that doesn't turn purple or fuchsia; and that subtle gold that adds sheen and luster. Really, really stunning alone or with other makeup. Love it. Oh-- and it lasts 4-5 hours and isn't drying at all.