Garnier Pure 3 in 1 Wash-Scrub-Mask

3.9

Aqua, Kaolin, Glycerin, Butylene glycol, zea mays starch/corn starch, titanium dioxide, decyl glucoside, polythlene, sodium laureth sulfate, chondrus crispus (carrageenan), PEG-7, glyceryl cocoate. benzyl salicylate, Blue 1 lake, Eucalyptus leaf extract, limonene, linalool, menthol, phenoxyethanol, propylene glycol, pumice, salicylic acid, smithsnite, sodium hydroxide, tetrasodium edta, xanthan gum, zinc gluconate, fragrance

on 2/14/2015 2:06:00 PM

It's great at exfoliating the skin and delivers a cool and tingly sensation. it doesn't magically clear up the skin, but I didn't expect it to. I'd recommend this to oily skin types, because the beads are quite big and harsh

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Have gone through 4/5 tubes of this stuff. One word - amazing! I am cursed with slightly oily skin, but particularly my nose. I have sebaceous fillaments on my nose. I find this pulls a majority out, and helps keep my oil at bay. I use it in the shower and as a mask.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I found that this is a very interesting product, being a 3 in 1. I bought it to help clear up horomonal acne. I think that it did reduce my acne, and did not cause any further breakouts. Products similar to this one tend to dry my skin out, however, I do not use this product daily so I have not experienced dryness from it.

I find I like to use it as a mask the most, when I am having a bath. I use it either on my whole face or to spot treat. I have to be careful around my eye area. There is menthol in this product and while I enjoy my skin feeling tingly upon rinsing, I do not enjoy my eye area burning.

As for the scrubbing and cleansing qualities, I find other scrubs to be more effective at removing dryness (this one has very fine scrubbing particles, and not much of 'em). I also prefer to have a foaming cleanser than a clay-based one. The clay in this product makes it hard to rinse off (as I find with other clay masks), so that's why I choose other cleansers over this one.

With that said, I do not think this is a bad product at all, and would be an excellent product to bring travelling if you know your skin will break out.

on 1/19/2015 4:59:00 PM

I tried this product as I saw it on sale for only $7.50 - almost half price in Australia. Boy do I wish I hadn't!!!! The product is ok as a mask and I can definitely feel softens my skin after I was it off. In terms of every thing else it claims to do - it is crap. It is too thick as a cleanser and I don't see it being effective as a scrub either. I don't know if It was the time of the month but I broke out like crazy too. Usually when I try new skincare products targeted for breakouts my skin loves it and I can see effect almost immediately bit whereas with this I broke out almost instantaneously - the opposite effect. I don't believe it is purging either as they are massive and out of the norm for my skin. After giving up with this product I switched to the Charcoal scrub in the same range and I find this to be much more effective - not bad for something I brought at the local grocery store whilst on holidays.

on 12/28/2014 1:22:00 AM

I have used this product for 3 years and I always make sure I have it in my collection of skin care products. I can't tell you how many times I've purchased it but oh my I love it. I use it mainly as a face wash/exfoliator and it's definitely my favourite one and I've tried many. I always go back to it as it makes my skin feel so fresh, clean and smooth I just can't get over it. It keeps my breakouts at bay and gets rid of any oils on my face. I've never had any issues with it and I've recommended it to many people. It's worth purchasing !!

on 11/2/2014 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So, I discovered this product during my trip to Europe this past summer. I was in a country in which I was grossly unfamiliar with their cleansing products and had run out of the one I had brought with me. I ended up buying this product based on the recommendation from a family member and seeing the effects on her skin.

I tried it the next day in the morning as a mask. It smelled fine, a bit perfumey. But nothing too overwhelming or irritating. I wore the mask for the recommended amount of time and then washed it off in the shower. I then put on a bit of shea butter afterwards as a moisturizer.

I noticed immediately my face looked cleaner. My pores appeared to have shrunk and there was also a slight glow. For the next month and a half, I used this product religiously every morning. As a mask or as a face wash/scrub.

It is now November. and I am noticing my face is looking rough. I'm not a professional when it comes to face cleansing routines, and I'm starting to think this product is not meant to use daily (even though it says it is okay for daily use). I think the signs of over-exfoliation are showing in the fact that my skin just looks...just rough! This product has lost the initial charm that I loved about it. Perhaps I used too much of it. All I know is that I am DONE. I won't rebuy and am looking for something more gently that doesn't have the exfoliation aspect to it.

I think this might be good for a mask...I may try it just with that part in mind. But ladies, watch out for over-exfoliating. I wish my skin would have remained the way it was when I first bought this product. Beautiful, supple...but alas. On to the next one!

on 10/12/2014 10:56:00 AM

After reading a whole bunch of positive reviews about this product, I went straight out and bought it. I have been through so many different brands and products, my skin seems to be very temperamental and only very very specific things keep it clear, oh how I envy those who can wear any make up and use any cleanser sighhh unfortunately my genes aren't that great but I did buy this product and I use it every morning in the shower and the white clay in it helps keep away the pimps and reduce redness (a LOT) and the beads help to keep my skin an even texture (: woo yeah, definitely buying this again (:

on 9/30/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! My sister introduced this to me when I visited her, and it worked like magic. My blackheads are almost gone, and it leaves my skin super soft which is a bonus. I use this product only as a mask and it is fantastic. Definately will buy again. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

A friend of mine recommended me this product, telling me that it had really helped calm down her pimples, and her skin looks great! I also checked out reviews online just incase it was just her skin that it worked well with but from the reviews it seems that it's a fairly well rounded product. I buy the product and I use it for about a month and my pimples have calmed down quite well in comparison to other products that I have used, also helping to reduce the size of my pores, smooth out my skin and reduce the oiliness of my skin.

It was great but as I researched more about the ingredients and learning how using a product that contains beads everyday is quite damaging to the skin, so I decided to go on to a more gentler cleanser, Cetaphil. However as soon as I made the change, pimples started to sprout up immediately! Large and full of pus type of pimples that hurt, which I initially thought was my skin trying to get use to the sudden change in products and because I had recently started taking the pill but after a month or so of using Cetaphil it did nothing to calm down my pimples and seemed to only make it worse.

Eventually i stopped using it and went back to this, Garnier 3 in 1 Wash-Scrub-Mask, and immediately (it's been a few days) it has calmed my large, painful and full of pus pimples to almost completely flat red bumps on my skin. I am sooooo happy I finally made the change, it has been the best cleanser I've used in a long time (I used to regularly use Clearasil Ultra Gel cleanser but after quite a few months it stopped working with my skin).

TLDR REVIEW -
Pros:
- Reduces the size of pores
- Good (but not great) for oily/combo skin types (I am extremely oily and this has helped me a little bit, which is technically a lot because no other product has helped me as much as this product has in regards to my oily skin)
- Calms down pimples quite well
- Smooth skin

Cons:
- Might not be great for everyday use because it contains beads which may be very harsh for the skin, definitely not recommended for sensitive skin types (However, I do use this as a cleanser every day and it has worked well for me but I don't have sensitive skin so it doesn't seem like it has affected me)
- It has a slight fragrance, also very bad for sensitive skin types
- It has a tingly and cold feeling, especially if used as a mask, which is bad for sensitive skin types as well

Overall, I honestly would recommend this to others with oily/combo skin and I would definitely buy it again :)

on 8/22/2014 4:22:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! It leaves my skin so clean and soft, and really works against redness and blemishes! The only thing is when I first started using it I would break out a bit, but I realised that it was only accelerating what was already there so that it healed faster and nicer! I really want to buy it again as I just ran out!