September 16, 2014 | 1815 users online

Treatments (Face) - Rx for Brown Skin - Naturally Flawless Advanced Botanical Brightener

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by kimmijackson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a 54 year old woman, and I order the Rx for BrownSkin 2 months ago. I did not think this would work on my uneven skin tone, I have brown spots, age spots, light spots.
I could not believe it, this product do work, it has even out my skin texture a lot. Ladies, you really have to have patients and give it time. Please don't think that this product can do magic over night, just give it time!!!! Make sure you use your Sun Block to protect your skin.
If you have really bad dark marks, I recommend you go to your doctor for that.
I really love my Rx for Brown Skin........

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by abeaut

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Happy to find this product again. It still works though takes a while to have a major impact. I buy directly from the website and get a whole line and follow the instructions carefully.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by vanidarani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes, you shouldn't buy this directly from the rx for brown skin website just because its such a hassle to cxl etc.
But there's plenty available on amazon and other places online to purchase the product.

I love how this product works and it is definitely worth the price! It has brightened my complexion overall and has made darker spots on my face fade a good amount.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by jackee77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT purchase this product. If you are experimenting do not purchase. I got the trial and tried to cancel after the trial period. The customer service lady told me that I could not cancel. That if I did they were gonna charge me an additional 49.99 even if I returned the product they had just sent out that morning. If you want to protect your account don't give them your card information.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by tabbykatt10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DO NOT, repeat DO NOT attempt to purchase this product unless you are prepared to waste massive amounts of time either on "hold" with the RX for Brown Skin "customer service" line or you enjoy having to make multiple phone calls to your credit card company to ensure that you are not hit with double or triple charges to your account. I, unfortunately, had to experience both when I tried to place a simple order directly from the RX for Brown Skin website.

Buyer Beware!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by STencer

So happy this stuff is back. Works great on brown spots that I've developed from too much sun exposure. Love the trial offer they have on their site, www.RxforBrownSkin.com

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jennstarr

I personally love this line of products (except for the moisturizers). The trick is to remember that while gentle, there are active ingredients and depending on your skin type and sensitivity, you have to "ease" into the regime. Even so, I did not develop my usual reaction (rash, dryness, etc) to these products.

I use the cleanser on 1x a day, and the toner as needed. I alternate the Botanical Brightener and the Radiance Serum every other night. I use a different anti-oxidant serum and SPF in the AM.

This product in particular is my favorite. It has kept my pregnancy mask to a bare minimum (in fact I think my skin looks healthier), doesn't give me a rash or breakouts. I wait at least 30 minutes after cleansing before applying this to allow my skin's PH to go back to normal.

I have to add that the cleanser, while wonderful, does NOT remove makeup and is not to be used around the eye area (like any other acid cleanser). So be sure you are removing all your makeup properly. Clean skin is key after all!

EDIT: This is a good product for those who can stick to a routine. Unfortunately this could not hold my attention.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Isletfemme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Now I know, definately that no matter who pedals a product, it is all a load of s**t! I bought the ultra gentle line, hoping to balance my extremely sensitive, oily with dry patches, skin. The line sent my skin into a tailspin! First, the cleanser dried out my skin. So did the toner. Whenever I used the toner, my skin became very tight, so I discontinued usage of the toner. The brightening complex turned my skin a weird color. It made my skin blotchy, with a strange pink hue. Sort of like brown skin, with a pink undertone. I had to stop using it.
At first, I thought that the moisturizer was the best I had ever used, but the more I used it, the drier my skin became. I tried adjusting the amount of product I used, but nothing seemed to work. I am very disappointed with this line, more so than other lines, because of the claim that the products were made specifically for people of color. Just to show. Skincare deceivers come in many shades, and will do anything for the almighty dollar. I will never purchase again, and regret the day I read the article about this line of products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by mvplaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for the past 6 weeks in conjunction with the RX for Brown Skin regiment (cleanser, toner, moisturizer). I've been applying it once a day for the first 4 weeks and then twice a day for subsequent applications. Needless to say this stuff is amazing. My skin looks great, dark spots from acne are healing and fading quickly, and my face finally has that nice bright, clear look. Still have a few stubborn areas left which i plan to address with the Absolute Radiance Intensive Exfoliating Serum. Will provide an update on that in a few weeks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by LizaLindsey

First of all, this product is not made for me. I am fair-skinned but work in the skincare business and I have to try everything. A friend of mine was trained by Dr. Taylor and she suggested that I try this product from the line since most can benefit from the soy, lactic, and pomegranate. I have to say that I love what this has done for the texture of my skin and the lightening effect it has had on my acne scarring. I can only imagine the result for the skin tone that it is meant for. I know that the brand is still growing and I truly hope that others are able to experience this terrific product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No