September 19, 2014 | 1681 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Oyster

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a good colour selection of these NYX jumbo pencils as they are very affordable and the formula glides on so effortlessly. I only use them as eye liners as they crease when used as an eye shadow or base even over primer. The lids always seem to crack too - though for the price I guess that's the packaging you get.

Oyster is a perfect colour match for Too Faced eye shadow "plumeria" in the Summer Eyes palette, so I like to wear oyster on my waterline paired with this shadow. Oyster is a really pretty lilac/pink - Iv'e experimented with using this as a layering base on my lips then a light to mid pink lipstick over the top - it gives a nice milky shimmery look.

I probably won't buy this again as I have many of these and I do tend to use Strawberry Milk more often than this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by felicialazaar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as a dupe for Urban Decays Morphine 24/7 shadow pencil. It was meant to be used as a base for violet eye shadow for a summer look.

Unfortunately it wasn't fit for purpose and did NOT serve as a good base. Just after 2 hours or so, the makeup was runny and started to fade.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by gledysinaga

not a really good that can make me fall in love and die for this, but good enough for daily use and simple make up, since its not really pricey. this product is simply worth the price. i bought this in all color and use it for make up experiments :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the jumbo eye pencils so much, but I took a lippie off because the pigmentation of the gorgeous lilac color isn't as good as Milk or the other legendaries. I just recently purchased this with a gift card, and I'll be honest, I returned it. This color was a disappointment. I do wish to buy more colors in the future, however! The packaging could use a re-do, as well. I've bought 2 JEP's in the past year, and sharpening them with the ($5!!!!) NYX eye pencil sharpener doesn't do to well. It always just stops sharpening. I've needed to de-pot them both. :( I'm hoping that the 3rd times the charm. They should make this in a retractable version! This would sell much better! It would be GREAT! (NYX! ARE YOU LISTENING?! :D)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This was pretty much awful. I was THRILLED to swatch this and find that it's nearly identical to Urban Decay's 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Morphine, which retails $20. I thought it would be a no brainer to pick up Oyster instead; $4.50 for what appears to the same product sounded too good to be true.

And alas, it was. Something happened to my Oyster before I got it home; when I pulled it out of the bag, the very bottom part had fallen off! I have no idea how it happened, but I know I wasn't rough with the bag, nor did I place anything heavy on top of it.

I liked the color so much on my hand. On my eyes, however, the color wasn't as great. The pigmentation was a little weak, though layering it up did help. However, after an hour, the color was all but gone. You could barely see it, unless you looked diligently for it!

I think these pencils would be good for someone very patient, armed with just the right primer, and just the right amount. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which I love, but it still couldn't hold the color in place. It was so disappointing! I could have overlooked the crappy packaging if the color had stayed on a few hours longer, and if the pigmentation had been better.

Obviously, you get what you pay for. Lesson learned! I'll be breaking down and purchasing UD Morphine, and hopefully I'll get the quick and easy eye color pencil I've been searching for.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by theravenwine

I hate to be the wet blanket but this product creases like crazy on me, more than the ones in milk and gold. I don't like using this under or over another eye shadow like many here seem to be doing. The price may be quite good but the one I have is in a plastic pencil form and if you were to try to sharpen the pencil, you will have to shave the plastic off as well which is just weird to me. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by RW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great color, on my fair skin & blue eyes it comes out very purple. Love the creamy texture and application is totally foolproof. The color is very vibrant and it is easy to get a lot of color.

The issue with this product is that it has no staying power. It wipes off VERY easily and will almost certainly be gone within a few hours. However, if you hate hard-to-remove eye makeup (I do) & don't mind retouching, this is probably a good product for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

oyster is a nice lilac /pink shimmery eye pencil. I use this for highlight in the corner of the eyes,for the bones under the eye brows,for a base when i do lilac eye shadow.for the lips when i want a base of lilac in my lipstick,cause i have lavender lipstick.i put it over to create a lilac reflect. To create highlight on the cheek too!i use it with a white or a verry pale pink eye shadows,it makkes the eye shadows pop,used as a base. Many use to this pencil! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by annixa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A great color, if you like N.Y.X's Jumbo pencils I highly recommend this one. Work great as a base for pink, purple, gray and taupe shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sw33tvi3tchic

I love this one! I also tried Milk, but that was not good at all. This worked way better, also as a highlighter as someone previously said. I mostly wanted to use it as a base because it was gorgeous when I saw a youtube guru use it. Anyway, when I first applied this color, it was kind of..blah. Then I put a pink shadow on the first half of my lid, and a purple on the outer part, and my eyes were like, BAM! I tested that on my left eye, and Milk on my right eye, with the same shadow colors, and Milk did NOTHING to make the colors more vibrant. In fact, it just made it crease wayy faster than my left eye. Weird. Anyway, love oyster!