April 18, 2014 | 1931 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Life's Stages for Pregnancy & Motherhood

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by FunkPunky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not pregnant, not that it really matters, though I do think if my in laws see this around the house thy could get ideas. I was scouring the clearance cart at the grocery store, and randomly squirted a bit of this on my hand. Suddenly, I HAD to have it! I made my husband and our son tough my hand. They thought I was crazy but agreed that my hand was indeed as smooth as a baby's but as I had claimed. So I went back in line after purchasing all our crap, and got it.I love that it is parben, miniral oil and petrolatum free, and I like the feeling of it. I also like the way my hands look, but I don't like the waxy feeling it leaves. I wouldn't buy this at full price, but for 4 bucks it 's a great think lotion that's worth its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm 7 months pregnant with my second child and i've been using this for about two months and I really love it. I'm usually an oil person but once I tried this stuff I was hooked. It gets rid of dry and itchy skin and so far I have no stretch marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by royaljosieness

I got this on clearance at Rite Aid ($3). I usually use Palmer's Cocoa butter but since the curel one was on clearance, I figured I'd give it a shot. I've used it for a month now and I am currently 7 months pregnant. Compared to the Palmers Cocoa butter (which I LOOOOOVE!), it moisturizes the same, gets rid of belly itchiness the same...the only thing I don't like is the smell. It's too floral. Cocoa butter has a yummy chocolate fragrance. I'd purchase this again but only on clearance...b/c full price is like 7 or 8 bucks here in California...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by PrincessKim

I LOVE THIS LOTION! I am not pregnant (had my daughter five years ago, haha), but I needed something with good ingredients that could help my poor hands. The dry weather had made them so dry that they were not only rough, but they were cracking and splitting. I like The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector, but it's pretty pricey for the amount I was using, and I don't really like The Body Shop (they are not as environmentally friendly as they seem, nor are their products as natural as they make them out to be). I refuse to use anything with mineral oil, petroleum products, or parabens, so finding this lotion was like a miracle for me, as there aren't many drug store lotions that don't contain at least one of those ingredients. I used this lotion for TWO NIGHTS, and my hands are not only repaired, but they are softer than they were before the dry weather hit! I put a generous amount on last thing before I go to bed, and I sleep with my hands tucked into the blankets. The warmth helps the lotion soak in, and my hands are incredibly soft when I wake up in the morning. Even if you're not pregnant, buy it and try it. This is going to be a nighttime staple for me, so I will be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 9:36:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so grateful for this lotion! I've been having horrible problems with my skin since I've been pregnant. It's been a dry, itchy, sensitive, rashy mess. I got a sample of this and was impressed from the first time I used it. It has healed the dryness and calmed the itch. I love that the moisture lasts a very long time so I don't have to constantly reapply. I can apply it at night and still feel soft the next morning. The scent is very subtle so it's perfect for sensitive pregnant super sniffers! There is no greasy feel and it sinks in nicely. All in all it's a wonderful body lotion and I'll probably keep using it after the baby is born.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I have a 10-month old and I wish I had found this lotion earlier. I've had a lot of trouble with my skin being dry, itchy, eczema breakouts, just plain strange after I had my daughter. In one application of this product, I don't itch anymore and my skin looks much improved. I also like the smell, although it does take a little time (probably 15-20 minutes) to absorb, so I need to probably use less.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am pregnant. I received a tube of this free in the mail. I'm glad I didn't buy it. I hate this lotion. It's very waxy and does not seem to soak into the skin very well. (Maybe it's my weird pregnant skin, who knows) The one plus is it has a nice smell. I would not buy this lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i really like the smell and feel of this lotion. also it is free of petroleum and mineral oil. says it's safe to use on baby. i use this but i also had some organic palmers so i'll keep using that until i run out but i like the smell of this more but i do like that the palmers is organic. give it a try, especially if you don't like the smell of palmers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and haven't really stuck to one type of lotion. I'm using all different kinds of lotions, oils, dry oils, etc.. This is one of my favorites because it is paraben and petrolatum free, mineral oil free, it's hypoallergenic. It feels light and great on compaired to other pregnancy lotions, which happen to be very greasy and seem to never soak in all day. ;-) Smells good too. I can't give it a perfect rating because a perfect rating would be that it kept away all my stretchmarks LOL and we all know no lotions do that, it's genetic..although, I do believe that lotions help with the severity of the marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by amber_laurynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this lotion. Its a light fragrance and it does linger a bit, but it smells really pretty. Thats definitely a plus for me because right now I am super sensitive to fragrance and while I did like the way my skin felt after using Palmers Stretch Mark prevention lotion, the smell made me want to throw up. It moisturizes well and leaves my skin super soft. Im in my 7th month of pregnancy now and my belly is starting to get itchy, putting this on gets rid of that. I know nothing can prevent stretch marks, but I havent noticed them getting much worse since I started using this. I would definitely recommend this lotion and plan on purchasing again.